AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has anyone signed up as an Amazon affiliate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016
You tweet out your affiliate link;
your regs or even randoms go to Amazon through your link and buy whatever they were going to buy already;
you get an “advertising fee” from Amazon.
Seems like an easy thing to try at least..

Coincidentally I was reading up about this just this morning. The operating agreement for Amazon's affiliate programme states

We may reject your application [to join the programme] if we determine that your site is unsuitable. Unsuitable sites include those that:

(a) promote or contain sexually explicit materials...​

I think camgirls would have a hard time passing this test.

Well, you certainly couldn't link from it directly from camsite or models explicit twitter account then I guess.
However I don't think that excludes everyone. For example, if the model is not explicit on Twitter; If the model has a non-explicit blog. Another, which would probably be the easiest to manage and incentivize, would be an email list specifically for this.

Free wordpress blog account;
free mailchimp account;
welcome email with affiliate link in it
weekly blog / email update with progress towards a goal and to continue getting affiliate link out there with every message
incentivize participation in whatever way you choose.

30 minutes worth of work for something that could end up turning freeloaders or low tipping members into revenue, seems like a worth while test to me I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.