AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help! Studio problems

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2015
So a studio recently contacted me and asked if I would be interested in becoming a cam model. I said "why not?" and went with it. Their website is oceanicmodels.com

So I find out that they were untruthful with me about how much I was making, they have yet to set up a payment method for me, and it's been a week. Really the only thing they did do was create an account for me, and if I had questions they would answer them. I didn't even know if I was going to get paid the money I had made. So I hadn't signed a contract with them, and I saw some posts on here about changing your account from a studio one to an independent one. So I emailed mfc the attached email. Then a few hours later I am unable to log into my account, and it says to email mfc support, so I do. Then I get an email from the person who is head of the studio, and I had the attached conversation with them.

At this point I don't know what to do. I can't log into my account, I don't know if I will get paid the money I have earned so far, I just feel like I have no clue what to do and all my work has gone down the drain. Mfc has yet to email me back about anything.

Attachments

• Untitledd.png
    Untitledd.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Untitleddd.png
    Untitleddd.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 135
The studio is new. The domain was registered 2 months ago. The owner also had another site called "sunset-sd-modeling.com". Google has little about the site, and I don't know how you found them, but there you are. All their links redirect to a login page. I doubt that you will find models here who have worked with them or even heard of them.

You already know that this Sofie Draskovic person didn't tell you the truth about your earnings. It stands to reason that they are not operating a charity, and that they would take a percentage, but they should have been honest with you, and 50% is a huge cut for a studio that doesn't even provide a physical space to work. You have nothing to lose by continuing to ask your contact for your money. You may get something, and you may not. I doubt that the amount is worth engaging a lawyer over. MFC can and will do nothing for you, since you did not sign with them directly.

In the meantime, you should take this person's advice and create an independent account and start working on your own. Once you have your account, get verified here as a model, and learn about the business so that you won't get taken advantage of like this in the future. Good luck.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =24&t=1696

Just to be clear, in case you were in any doubt, independent MFC models DO make $0.05 per token.

There are no cuts after that. It's 5 cents per token. Period. She's lying through her teeth! Members pay around 10 cents per token depending on how many tokens they buy. The model makes 5 cents per token. Period. The difference between what the member pays and what the model makes is what goes towards running the site.

What a skeezy way to do business though, to lie to your employees....

Also, is anyone else really creeped out that the studio has been reading her chat logs? Does this "Sofie" person have nothing better to do with their time?

I know! And she continued to lie to me after I called her out on it.
It's so frustrating. MFC said I'd have to make a new account. They also replied to my other message in regards to being unable to access my account saying
"Please contact your studio or agency here:

(email address)

They can help you.

Thanks!"
so the studio must be behind it.
I just feel so stupid :/ and I'll probably never see the money I earned..

Hey it may kinda suck right now, but you'll be able to make a brand new account with a bit of experience under your belt already! Most models don't get that chance since MFC only allows making a new account if you're going independent from a studio.
Once you get approved on MFC, get verified as a model here and read up on all the valuable information we have. Then when you're ready, you can start on your new account and never have to worry about this particular situation again!

While I do encourage you to continue to attempt to get the money owed to you (personally, I'd make their life a living hell), I also suggest making a new camming email and not using any password that the studio might have seen again.

Other than that, fuck em :thumbleft:

I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same studio! How did you get on in the end, I've been sent my first pay check but not my second, so im planning on switching over once I have a firm grasp of the money I've made! So annoyed about this!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: annamaytiddies
Status
Not open for further replies.