AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Here are my result of lighting setup, still cant get it right

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candilicious

Cam Model
May 6, 2019
Hello

I experiment with the lighting but doesnt seem to get it right , I fnially get the background light the way I want but the skin tone from my front light makes me look bad
I'll show you both the white light and warm light

1. This is with 2 big softbox whitelight mixed with some yellow light and the result, I look so harsh and you dont see all the color light from the back

light44.JPGlight4.JPG

2. Turn off the softbox and use only small ring light with multiple small warm light behind the softbox, the result is better than the frst cause you can see the light in the background but skin tone still look harsh

light11.JPGlight1.PNG

3. Turn off the softbox and use only the red LED mixed with multiple warm light the result is better than the rest but skin tone is too yellow, the tone will be obvious in thumbnail

light55.JPGlight66.JPGlight5.JPG

so far I like the back ground light of number 3 but want my skin tone to look not yellow
and it looks bad when I cam with lots of light so I have to always cam in the dark cause it looks better, but I want to cam both dark and light
I want either the left or right will do, the left looks barbie pink which is cute, the right looks flawless
whenever I want to cam with alot of light like everyone does , I get the result of number 1 which looks so bad and harsh

light6.JPG1577410802564.png

Reactions: MarieElise
Have you tried adjusting where the lights are in relation to you? I know when I try to film with my ringlight right by the camera close to me it tends to look much harsher than when it's farther back or when I have it angled up at the ceiling to get the light diffused a bit better.

Reactions: Candilicious
Have you played with the camera settings? disable auto exposure and adjust, gain, disable white balance and adjust, sometimes saturation, you can usually get by without playing with brightness contrast, sharpness and backlight comp. If the color is off like too red or too green you can right click the video capture device in obs and go to filters, add an effect filter called color correction and adjust the hue shift.

Have you played with the camera settings? disable auto exposure and adjust, gain, disable white balance and adjust, sometimes saturation, you can usually get by without playing with brightness contrast, sharpness and backlight comp. If the color is off like too red or too green you can right click the video capture device in obs and go to filters, add an effect filter called color correction and adjust the hue shift.
1577423195231.png
That's all I have in the setting, I dont have gain

logitech c920, the standard for camming I guess
I use that also, although I am about to change, because I want more than 30fps. I have very little experience messing around with c920 webcam settings, except using wondershare software for fetish clips. For livestream I 2nd what AlexaCrush said. I tend to look yellow when I use certain types of lights, at a certain distance. I use 2 x 10 000 lux therapy light boxes, which mimic natural sunlight. However, those are not good for people with certain health conditions, and they do get really hot at times, thus requiring 15 min minimum breaks.

c182c5aef7bc4c4cfd25d0a8c746044b.gif

You could try a light diffuser to soften the harshness. I have an LED ring light that's pretty bright so instead of pointing directly towards my face I put it up against the wall (facing the wall) which diffuses it very nicely and gives me a nice soft but well illuminated look. Hopefully I explained that well enough but if not let me know so I can send a pic.

I looked at this for a long time and see what you mean. Your environment is a lot darker in relation to the goals you're trying to seek. They have white sheets and you're on a blue bed. You have warm lamps behind you. There are also a lot of warm lights in front of you! I love it though. It looks much warmer and inviting than the cold feeling I get from seeing a really bright video.

I think unless you bring in more white and remove all the warm yellow/red, you won't be able to get an all-white image like theirs.

@Candilicious I think you just need to be able to dim the soft boxes and it should take care of the issues you have. I've had similar problems myself with the CFL bulbs that I had previously so I switched them out to some LED bulbs that use the ZigBee protocol so I can control them with my phone.

Getting dimmaable soft boxes is kinda a life saver. Another thing i'd note is that you should maybe try having a light at a lower angle instead of all of them being above the head. It'll help balance each other out

Status
Not open for further replies.