AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hidden Tip Etiquette?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldieFox_

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 18, 2016
local woodlands
mfc.im
Twitter Username
@GoldieFox_
Tumblr Username
hello-goldie-fox
MFC Username
GoldieFox_
Streamate Username
GoldieFox
I encountered this the other day in my room, and in my newbie confusion, I didn't know how to gracefully respond.

A person who had been in my room and talked to me a few times tipped me for my menu item Armpit Worship (one of dem hairy models you know *provactibe eyebrow wiggle*). Anyway, I was excited and my first instinct was obviously to praise them and show off them pits--until I noticed it was a hidden tip and the room couldn't see it. So then I got all cagey and didn't know if they wanted me to acknowledge at all.

I ended up pm'ing them asking in they wanted me to show my under arm hair on cam for their tip. I also thanked them in the pm, but did not say anything about it on camera. I ended up trying to covertly show off without calling attention to the fact that someone tipped to see, but in retrospect, I felt my response was just super awkward.

I'm sure I'm overthinking this way too much, but does anyone know if there is some sort of established etiquette for receiving hidden tips, especially if they don't specific what the tipper wants? In the future, I'll probably thank them out loud with something vague but still appreciative like "Thank you to the person who just sent tribute! You know who you are!"

Most of us call hidden tips "Ninja" so I would have said "Thank you ninja tipper!" If there was a note indicating what it was for, I'd go ahead and do it (provided it's something you're willing to do), if there was no note, sending a PM to thank them privately as well as ask them if they'd like xyz for it is the best move.

If no response, smile and move on after thanking them, all good. (Make sure your settings allow them to reply to your PM, though.)

I cater to a few fetishes in my room that are rarely related to my overall countdown. When I get guys tipping for things like that and they hide it from the room it's usually because they don't want their tip to go to that countdown. They're getting their own instant gratification, and often aren't planning to hang around for anything else. It sounds like the same could apply to your example.

I've never had someone mind that I went ahead performed the action in my room, and it'd be pretty obvious that I wasn't randomly doing certain things anyway. I think if they wanted me to be discreet they'd ask for it. Sometimes I'm not sure if they're ok with me revealing who the tip was from (even though that's often obvious enough to the room as well), so I do PM to ask in some cases, but most times I just joke... "thanks, ninja, I won't reveal who you are, but I bet the rest of the room can guess what super secret thing you asked for in your tip note ;)" And then blow up a balloon for em :p

They tipped where you knew who it was but hidden from the room, and they are not asking for a pvt show, so they likely want you to do "Armpit Worship" in public, but potentially not publicly thank them for it, calling out their fetish :cat:

But it is always best to ask!
Depending on your personality is a good way to judge it too. If you tend to be a little shy, then how it sounded you performed is likely perfect, coy and not so obvious. If you are more of a dominatrix type then maybe being more direct and in your face about it is a better approach, etc. Do what feels best for who you are on cam.
And it may have been a mistake too, perhaps they DO want acknowledgement.
Sometimes I have members tip to be on my HT board, and the tip says its hidden from room etc, and it is because they are tipping me from lounge or from pm and its automatically set to that. When I write Ninja they usually tell me I can change it to their name.

On an ending note I like to ask because it helps me get to know my people better. I like to be a terrible tease, so the more tricks of sexy torture I know in order to rock their socks off the happier I am with my interactions :shame:

Reactions: GoldieFox_
Is this a hidden tip (the new feature - it shows yellow, with the text saying it's a hidden tip) or a ninja tip (shows grey, the room doesnt see)

I just want to make sure this is clear.

If it's a hidden tip -the room sees the name of the person and that they tipped but they dont see the amount.
if its a ninja tip - the room sees nothing, only hears the sound if you have it turned up.

Is this a hidden tip (the new feature - it shows yellow, with the text saying it's a hidden tip) or a ninja tip (shows grey, the room doesnt see)

I just want to make sure this is clear.

If it's a hidden tip -the room sees the name of the person and that they tipped but they dont see the amount.
if its a ninja tip - the room sees nothing, only hears the sound if you have it turned up.

Oh, it was a hidden tip--the text was yellow and specified that it was a 'hidden tip.' Good to know that there are some minor differences. Thanks!

When in doubt, in these situations and it's a reasonable large tip, I think it is always safest to PM the member just like you did. I find it endearing when a model goes to the effort to figure out what I wanted.
However, if you are busy and feeling a bit stress its perfectly fine to thank you Ninja, and I'll get back to you on your request.

The default counter on MFC is to not count Ninja tips (I don't know what is it for hidden tips.) toward countdowns. It is entirely up to you how you want to count them, but I would ask first before counting large ones. There are times I ninja tip and really don't want to it to count (it is been a really slow day and I don't want to train the room that if I'm around maybe I'll finish the countdown for them.) but I generally let the model chose in my tip note.

When in doubt, in these situations and it's a reasonable large tip, I think it is always safest to PM the member just like you did. I find it endearing when a model goes to the effort to figure out what I wanted.
However, if you are busy and feeling a bit stress its perfectly fine to thank you Ninja, and I'll get back to you on your request.

The default counter on MFC is to not count Ninja tips (I don't know what is it for hidden tips.) toward countdowns. It is entirely up to you how you want to count them, but I would ask first before counting large ones. There are times I ninja tip and really don't want to it to count (it is been a really slow day and I don't want to train the room that if I'm around maybe I'll finish the countdown for them.) but I generally let the model chose in my tip note.

the new hidden tip automatically comes off the count. Which to me .. removes the point of the feature, which is to hide how many tokens that person has tipped. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.