AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do models deal with people asking for PMs all the time?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2022
I get a lot of guys in my room asking for PMs so I put it on my tip menu and when they tip for it once they expect to talk to you in PMs forever. I'll talk to them audibly in the room and they only respond via PM. Which is annoying, because when I'm in PMs I'm ignoring the rest of the room and can't see the chat. And I also get a lot of high tippers who expect to talk in PMs for free all the time. And usually when the talking in PM starts, the tipping stops. Now all of this is not only annoying because I can't see the chat in the rest of the room but it also makes the chat in the room dead, I'm just typing to various people in PMs. How do you deal with this? How do you limit the amount of PMs without pissing guys off and get them talking (and preferably tipping) in the room again? Is it usual to chat with guys in PMs during streams? I work on Stripchat, mainly.

Reactions: MarieElise
I get a lot of guys in my room asking for PMs so I put it on my tip menu and when they tip for it once they expect to talk to you in PMs forever. I'll talk to them audibly in the room and they only respond via PM. Which is annoying, because when I'm in PMs I'm ignoring the rest of the room and can't see the chat. And I also get a lot of high tippers who expect to talk in PMs for free all the time. And usually when the talking in PM starts, the tipping stops. Now all of this is not only annoying because I can't see the chat in the rest of the room but it also makes the chat in the room dead, I'm just typing to various people in PMs. How do you deal with this? How do you limit the amount of PMs without pissing guys off and get them talking (and preferably tipping) in the room again? Is it usual to chat with guys in PMs during streams? I work on Stripchat, mainly.
You can increase the cost of the PM to reduce the amount of them you have to deal with.
I use shine browser, even if I am not split camming that day because I like that the pm is a pop out window so I can still see the main chat. If you have a lot of pms then it could become an issue with where to put all the windows for them. I also would feel too bad about not getting to pm's straight away if the room is busy, if they want undivided attention then they can start a pvt show, tipping for a pm is just so they can message without everyone else seeing, it dosnt guarantee any amount of attention or extra treatment above what they would get in the main chat imo

Hi) Maybe you could give access but only during the day, as an option. If the next day they want dm again, then they have to pay again.
How do you like this site by the way? How it is work there - main income due to tips or private? I am looking for a replacement MFC...They deleted my account without explanation or comment, i liked streaming there.

Reactions: D_A_X
You can increase the cost of the PM to reduce the amount of them you have to deal with.
I use shine browser, even if I am not split camming that day because I like that the pm is a pop out window so I can still see the main chat. If you have a lot of pms then it could become an issue with where to put all the windows for them. I also would feel too bad about not getting to pm's straight away if the room is busy, if they want undivided attention then they can start a pvt show, tipping for a pm is just so they can message without everyone else seeing, it dosnt guarantee any amount of attention or extra treatment above what they would get in the main chat imo
It's not as much of a on issue on a laptop, although still bothersome, but I mainly cam from my phone as answering to PMs is a lot harder. Thank you for the advice.

I just ignore them by now. I charge for pms, it says so on the message you get as soon as you enter the room and they keep saying "pm bb". So i just leave them talking to themselves.

There are various ways I see models dealing with this by specifying WHAT the Pm can include or WHY they will accept/reply to PMs.

For example, some models I see will specifically say they will only respond to PMs if it's to discuss a Private Show - now obviously guys already lie and go around saying "pm bb talk about pvt" but I think you can pretty much guess after just a few back and forth with some guys if they are wasting your time.

Another thing is some specifically say how many PMs they will answer to or similarly, the PM will last for "5 minutes" or the user can ask XX amount of questions in the PM.

I know of one model that charges 25 for PM on Stricpaht and it specifically says on the menu something like "Private Message with 1 Response", so this is a good one I think.

I am exclusive to Chaturbate. I used their word ban feature in settings and blocked PM, private message, and message private. Just putting this down for anyone who is also on CB.
Definitely doing this, thank you

There are various ways I see models dealing with this by specifying WHAT the Pm can include or WHY they will accept/reply to PMs.

For example, some models I see will specifically say they will only respond to PMs if it's to discuss a Private Show - now obviously guys already lie and go around saying "pm bb talk about pvt" but I think you can pretty much guess after just a few back and forth with some guys if they are wasting your time.

Another thing is some specifically say how many PMs they will answer to or similarly, the PM will last for "5 minutes" or the user can ask XX amount of questions in the PM.

I know of one model that charges 25 for PM on Stricpaht and it specifically says on the menu something like "Private Message with 1 Response", so this is a good one I think.
The problem with this is assuming members will actually read your conditions and prices, and not try things like "but if you pm I'll send you a picture of my dick etc etc"

Reactions: NotYou
I just ignore them by now. I charge for pms, it says so on the message you get as soon as you enter the room and they keep saying "pm bb". So i just leave them talking to themselves.
It's been almost two weeks since I did this and the silence has been golden!

Reactions: Lilly_____
the other day I saw a tip menue entry: PMs (maximum 5 if I'm not busy) 29 tokens. I found that reasonable. But I dont know if that makes it easier.

If it’s someone that’s just tipped I do immediate response for a bit, or if it’s someone who’s actively tipping. But only if they also tipped my friend add for 100. But if it’s someone that tipped for a friend add ages ago, and doesn’t spend hardly any money, I either don’t respond. Or I do really brief responses, really spaced out. It really depends how nice they are, and how much they are spending, that kind of dictates how I treat them. If I’m in a super good mood and it’s a quiet night, and someone is interesting, I might give them a little bit more attention for less than usual. However, for the most part I don’t like it when people waste my time. I’m pretty blunt with people. Sometimes I justStraight up tell them they are annoying me, and that there’s no way I’m going to PM someone who hasn’t even bothered paying the fee, because that is disrespectful on those who have. Other times I just don’t respond at all, and don’t talk to people who have silly suggestions , or are cheap and disrespectful. I don’t worry so much about being so nice as everybody else. A lot of the social pressure stuff doesn’t really work on me anymore. People still try it but they don’t get anything out of me.

Reactions: Bulllgod
I am exclusive to Chaturbate. I used their word ban feature in settings and blocked PM, private message, and message private. Just putting this down for anyone who is also on CB.
be careful of this feature, it can ban words that contain the word "pm" in the middle and well lets consider the context someone says something "8pm".

what i use is an automate response in the main bot, whenever people say pm, pvt or menu it pops up a message explaining my rules related to the subject.

I charge 175tk for PM. The silence is priceless. 🤣

I'd chat for 5 or so min, and only reply quickly if I'm not really busy with the public chats (I multistream to 4 sites atm. If the chats are busy I tell the member I'll be right with them - tipping for PM doesn't mean my undivided attention, they get that only in pvt)
If the convo goes something like this :
"Hi bb"
Hey how are you
"Good bb so gorgeous"
Thanks
"I'd love to meet up with you"
There's where I stop replying, don't care if they tipped for the pm.

The ones who don't usually tip are my regulars but they only ask about starting a pvt or tell me something isn't right with my stream like audio or video so I can fix it - none of them bug me with stupid things or to chit chat, that happens in public chat.

The ones who do not tip for a PM, I will open the message but not answer. If they continue to nessage me I say" *username* you should check my tip menu and tip accordingly if you want things from me, PM is on there too "

I don't waste my time trying to chat with anyone in pms that didn't tip for a PM, or tipped a significant amount in public chat (equal or more than pm price, 10 tokens won't get anyone a pm) especially if they're trying to talk to me about getting stuff for free ( sometimes they'd throw a whole bunch of compliments at me then say " topless plz???" "Show us something bb" yeah no..... no thanks mate, I don't work for free🙄) meeting up, prying for personal info like what's my real name, where I live,..or just talking nonsense in general. I simply open the message and close it.

Can anyone provide and tips for the handling PMs on SM?
I only respond or answer to them if it's someone I already know who has a history of spending money on me, or if it's someone who's wording sounds serious, or who has sent a tip. All the random "Hey bb"s, and "Your eyes are like the stars, your breath is like a wildflower, I want to sail on the wings of my imagination with you, and treasure you like you've never been treasured before." bullshit, I just hit block, then archive on. Sometimes if I'm in a good mood and the person is on the edge of being polite, but not quite there, I'll send a quick; : "DMs are for my paying customers and regulars only. I have taken away your DM privilege's, but may decide to reinstate them; if and when you actually compensate me for any of my time. Thank you for understanding and being respectful of my time, moving forward." Then block messages from that person.

But I take full advantage of the block button, for time wasters. I won't always block them from my room too, but I don't want my DMs being filled by non persons. I get enough from my Regs, that are serious, that I don't need crap filling up my inbox, and detracting from them. But even if I didn't I'm all about fostering etiquette, and training for good behavior.

Unless someone has tipped or spent money before, I treat the "hey BB come back" the same way. I block and archive. I don't have time for the time wasters, or people who can't decide whether they are horny or not (?!). If its a serious Reg though, I never ignore their "hey bb when are you coming back." If it's someone who feels gamey, I block and let them know 100 gold unblock fee. Then I don't budge on it, or discuss it further, until I get the 100. Games turn me off, and I don't have time for them 🤷‍♀️

As faras Regs go, I have brief ongoing interactions with Regs over DM. They are usually spaced out by hours/ days/ weeks/ months though, and more light socializing, nothing serious. Just a few sentences, jokes etc And only for highest payers.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide and tips for the handling PMs on SM?
invisible messages in camroom i try to answer verbally without adding their names while still hinting what the message was about (as in repeating half the question i would answer) for the message thing / the one where they can send pics and stuff i will ignore from strangers and only open pics if they have previously been tipping. not starting my day with a strangers wiener in my face (adding that as a note to the senders profile though to be alerted if they enter my room). 'hi bb' gets a 'hi how are you' copy and paste reply, nothing more.

invisible messages in camroom i try to answer verbally without adding their names while still hinting what the message was about (as in repeating half the question i would answer) for the message thing / the one where they can send pics and stuff i will ignore from strangers and only open pics if they have previously been tipping. not starting my day with a strangers wiener in my face (adding that as a note to the senders profile though to be alerted if they enter my room). 'hi bb' gets a 'hi how are you' copy and paste reply, nothing more.
Thanks I have had members want to or think PM is a way to chat to me, whilst in free chat back and forth. Also members who don't know we don't receive any notifications for PMs.

Reactions: Schnauzevoll
Thanks I have had members want to or think PM is a way to chat to me, whilst in free chat back and forth. Also members who don't know we don't receive any notifications for PMs.
i get those too... especially on weekends :-( by default i check the message messages (ummm... PMs? mails? whatever) maybe every 2 hours on my 10 minute reset break (coffee, deo, stuff...) with some it feels like a short explanation like 'sorry no notification try direct chat next time' might help but i really only have like 5 different sentences in a notepad that i use - as said unless paid. did too much for free before but that then only brings guys to our rooms that want everything in open chat even if there is a tipp menue or clear rules (by model or site) and dragging the vibe of the room down.

sorry im in a weird chatty mood today, blame too much coffee during pre-show software updates - hope i make sense at all?

i get those too... especially on weekends :-( by default i check the message messages (ummm... PMs? mails? whatever) maybe every 2 hours on my 10 minute reset break (coffee, deo, stuff...) with some it feels like a short explanation like 'sorry no notification try direct chat next time' might help but i really only have like 5 different sentences in a notepad that i use - as said unless paid. did too much for free before but that then only brings guys to our rooms that want everything in open chat even if there is a tipp menue or clear rules (by model or site) and dragging the vibe of the room down.

sorry im in a weird chatty mood today, blame too much coffee during pre-show software updates - hope i make sense at all?
You make perfect sense.

Reactions: Schnauzevoll
Random: for me chatting in the room is fun and PMs are occasional. I guess I really am different from some users in that respect. And I totally get it from the other side of the screen - ppl always wanting to pm would annoy the hell out of me too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.