AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you break up with a model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2014
:lol: YES, the title is a joke!

Have any guys (or models as prems :p ) had to "dump" a model? I have this habit of tipping a model when she has a slow day/night and chatting for a while. Often this leads to the model then pming me every damn time I am online, saying "hi" which of course means "get your ass in my room and tip."

I really hate this, but I am too nice to tell the model to fuck off. I suppose I could just ignore her, but I dunno ... I am too nice. Not a good trait on a cam site. :lol:

How would you deal with this situation?

JimsX said:
:lol: YES, the title is a joke!

Have any guys (or models as prems :p ) had to "dump" a model? I have this habit of tipping a model when she has a slow day/night and chatting for a while. Often this leads to the model then pming me every damn time I am online, saying "hi" which of course means "get your ass in my room and tip."

I really hate this, but I am too nice to tell the model to fuck off. I suppose I could just ignore her, but I dunno ... I am too nice. Not a good trait on a cam site. :lol:

How would you deal with this situation?

Put her on ignore. Or give up MFC, whichever is easiest for you. I'm betting ignore might be better for you. :p

I personally don't reply to those PM's. Chances are, if I've tipped you a lot I have you on my friends list, so I know you're online. I just might want to spend time elsewhere that day.

I've just simply started ignoring the models. It works better for me that way. Or, if they demand a reason, I tell them the reason. They then get angry about it, at which point I end up having to explain that ignoring was the easier option.

Reactions: JimsX
I visit one model that does this multiple times a week. She PMs me just saying "Hi!", and I say "Hey". She never responds, and I go back to doing what I was doing beforehand. Sometimes, I wonder if she expects me to waltz in her room and help with the countdown, or maybe she wants someone to talk in her room. Either way, I'm not one to be beckoned, especially with veiled requests. I don't do signals.

Reactions: JimsX
You can always make it so you only accept PMS from your friends and then NOT have her on your friends list or just simply ignore her. I know sometimes there are guys I say hi to and talk to even when they aren't in my room and it isn't because I'm trying to get them there, I just like talking with them, but for the most part I will wait for them to PM me because they could be in the middle of something so to speak. I only say hi first when its been a long time and I want to see how they are.

I am a model who will offer up extra time and attention to members who tip, especially ones who I can remember having good conversations with/have generally given me a good vibe.

If a member tips a fair amount in a nice way then if I see them online again, even if I'm not on cam and am just on the homepage I'll usually say hi.

Some members enjoy this treatment and are more than happy to have a chat and get to know the model a bit, or even like to know the model is online. Some members don't like this treatment, either they're not on mfc to chat or they already have other models they put a lot of chat time into. It's all about reading signals. I usually learn pretty quickly if a member isn't the chatty kind. In those situations I will stop sending them pm's. If they continue coming to my room I might message them if I get on cam and see they're about, but it's not to tell them to get their arse in my room and tip, it's to let them know that I am around and that they have the option of visiting me if they feel like it.
It's like a friend messaging you and letting you know there's a party going on, you might not want to go to that party but you may still appreciate the gesture and wouldn't want to be eliminated out of all party invitations. The person isn't asking you to come to deliberately hassle you, in these situations they think they're doing a nice thing. This really isn't much different to how I feel when I message a member.

If you don't want to have these interactions with models then don't engage in them. You don't have to make small talk. Models can only read the information you give them. If you are chatting away then they'll assume you're enjoying it rather than hating it.

If you're curious whether she likes your conversation or just your tips, go in there with 0 tokens and don't tip a few times. If she still keeps messaging you anyway, then maybe your chatting is appreciated. :think: Sometimes just chatting can be helpful, whether or not its appreciated. From possibly making their time less boring, to helping other users be more comfortable typing something.

It feels awkward to me if I'm the only one chatting in a room. I feel like I have too much of the model's attention as if it was a private without paying her per minute or whatever. If nobody else types anything, I get tempted to not type anything either.

From a models point of view, I usually PM my regular tippers and high tippers, but it's just to be friendly. I don't expect tips out of them but I do enjoy their company. I treat my tippers as if they were closer than my non-tipper/lurkers. I'm not just a piece of meat, I also have a great personality and if someone wants someone to talk to I want them to know i'm not going to just forget about them. If that makes sense.

You all hit on it pretty well. Here is a bit more info that might make it clear what is going on. I have said in other threads that I prefer Asian models, which includes some Filipinas (see where I am going with this?). Many of them have poor camscores and don't earn well. This particular girl is pretty damn cute but has the personality of a rock. I tipped her a few times to help her out, without making any requests. I think being a nice guy was a mistake :lol:

Whether she wants tips from me or just to talk in her room, I'm not sure, but either one is kinda torture. As a couple of you said, when you are the only one talking it is no fun at all. Especially when the other side of the conversation is, "Oh that's nice. Sigh, work is so slow." :roll:

Funny how I can rant about it, but not just ignore her. I hate being guilted into tipping. Well my mind is now made up. Iggy list now has one person on it. :lol:

Reactions: goldenaye666
LineahRose said:
From a models point of view, I usually PM my regular tippers and high tippers, but it's just to be friendly. I don't expect tips out of them but I do enjoy their company. I treat my tippers as if they were closer than my non-tipper/lurkers. I'm not just a piece of meat, I also have a great personality and if someone wants someone to talk to I want them to know i'm not going to just forget about them. If that makes sense.

I totally agree with you on this. When my 2 favs pm me, I am pretty flattered. They know I won't tip all the time, but we have great talks. It's really tough, however, when the model is just wanting to complain. I see that as a form of begging me to make her day better.

JustJessie said:
You can always make it so you only accept PMS from your friends and then NOT have her on your friends list or just simply ignore her. I know sometimes there are guys I say hi to and talk to even when they aren't in my room and it isn't because I'm trying to get them there, I just like talking with them, but for the most part I will wait for them to PM me because they could be in the middle of something so to speak. I only say hi first when its been a long time and I want to see how they are.

Hadn't thought of this. +100 points to you! :handgestures-salute:

I say turn it around:

When your getting harassed just say

"Our relationship has gone beyond the simple monetary sights of this narrow community
Our Love has gone to another level please join me in the garden of our love
Let me PLANT my SEED in your oh so soft fallows! Lets go for it! Lets have at it! I am talking about SPLENDOR in the GRASS!"

Just go completely unhinged and drop the old "Crazy Ball" in her court.

See what happens next...I bet you don't get bothered again :)

:character-hobbes:

EdgarAllenWhoa said:
I say turn it around:

When your getting harassed just say

"Our relationship has gone beyond the simple monetary sights of this narrow community
Our Love has gone to another level please join me in the garden of our love
Let me PLANT my SEED in your oh so soft fallows! Lets go for it! Lets have at it! I am talking about SPLENDOR in the GRASS!"

Just go completely unhinged and drop the old "Crazy Ball" in her court.

See what happens next...I bet you don't get bothered again :)

:character-hobbes:

Or you end up setting a date and picking out centerpieces. :?

JimsX said:
You all hit on it pretty well. Here is a bit more info that might make it clear what is going on. I have said in other threads that I prefer Asian models, which includes some Filipinas (see where I am going with this?). Many of them have poor camscores and don't earn well. This particular girl is pretty damn cute but has the personality of a rock. I tipped her a few times to help her out, without making any requests. I think being a nice guy was a mistake :lol:

Whether she wants tips from me or just to talk in her room, I'm not sure, but either one is kinda torture. As a couple of you said, when you are the only one talking it is no fun at all. Especially when the other side of the conversation is, "Oh that's nice. Sigh, work is so slow." :roll:

Funny how I can rant about it, but not just ignore her. I hate being guilted into tipping. Well my mind is now made up. Iggy list now has one person on it. :lol:

If that's the case, you should tip anonymously when you want to just help someone out. I've done that a couple times in my MFC lifetime.

JimsX said:

Well, it seems like you found your solution--and I think ignore is your best bet--but since I find this interesting I'll offer up a third option (the option that a weird person that likes to talk to people and feels awkward ignoring people might choose--and yes I fit this category).

Talk to the model that is PMing you. Say "hi" back, maybe throw in a "how are you?" None of this necessitates going into the model's room or tipping. If the model is PMing you in an attempt to get you to get you to come in or talk/tip--she will either flat-out ask you to come to her room (or why you are not there already) or she'll become annoyed that you haven't inferred this on your own and probably stop sending you messages. If a model asked me why I wasn't in her room in a situation where I didn't want to be, I would respond with something like "Sorry, I'm busy right now" or something in that vein.

This solution obviously won't work for anyone--but I always keep my PMs open and it has lead to some hilarious situations/conversations. I'll talk to poachers, muted basics, banned members, random models, etc. basically anyone that sends a message my way--and yeah a lot of times these people are PMing me because they want me to do something--but all they'll get is an endless stream of small talk (because well, I like to talk).

The main reason I bring this up is that I have seen this situation arise between members and models over and over. Where a member is getting a PM from a model whose room they are not currently in--and the model says "Hi" and then the member thinks "OMG THIS IS SO AWKWARD"--and yes, it's seems logical to infer that the model wants something from you--but what if it's a situation where a model genuinely just wants to say hello? If there IS awkwardness to be found, it will definitely occur after you start PMing the hilarious thing your dog did today, etc.--but I've also found that on a social website, that sometimes people just like to chat just because. Obviously, such a chat might be just as annoying/horrible as any other reason for a PM if chatting isn't really your thing, but I just wanted to point out that random PMs of this kind aren't always EVIL.

Again, ignoring and blocking people is a wonderful feature of MFC--and it can definitely make one's life easier--but if you're just insanely curious about what you might be blocking/ignoring like me, there are definitely other ways of dealing with the problem that don't necessitate awkward confrontations or hurt feelings.

krukstyle said:
JimsX said:

Well, it seems like you found your solution--and I think ignore is your best bet--but since I find this interesting I'll offer up a third option (the option that a weird person that likes to talk to people and feels awkward ignoring people might choose--and yes I fit this category).

Talk to the model that is PMing you. Say "hi" back, maybe throw in a "how are you?" None of this necessitates going into the model's room or tipping. If the model is PMing you in an attempt to get you to get you to come in or talk/tip--she will either flat-out ask you to come to her room (or why you are not there already) or she'll become annoyed that you haven't inferred this on your own and probably stop sending you messages. If a model asked me why I wasn't in her room in a situation where I didn't want to be, I would respond with something like "Sorry, I'm busy right now" or something in that vein.

This solution obviously won't work for anyone--but I always keep my PMs open and it has lead to some hilarious situations/conversations. I'll talk to poachers, muted basics, banned members, random models, etc. basically anyone that sends a message my way--and yeah a lot of times these people are PMing me because they want me to do something--but all they'll get is an endless stream of small talk (because well, I like to talk).

The main reason I bring this up is that I have seen this situation arise between members and models over and over. Where a member is getting a PM from a model whose room they are not currently in--and the model says "Hi" and then the member thinks "OMG THIS IS SO AWKWARD"--and yes, it's seems logical to infer that the model wants something from you--but what if it's a situation where a model genuinely just wants to say hello? If there IS awkwardness to be found, it will definitely occur after you start PMing the hilarious thing your dog did today, etc.--but I've also found that on a social website, that sometimes people just like to chat just because. Obviously, such a chat might be just as annoying/horrible as any other reason for a PM if chatting isn't really your thing, but I just wanted to point out that random PMs of this kind aren't always EVIL.

Again, ignoring and blocking people is a wonderful feature of MFC--and it can definitely make one's life easier--but if you're just insanely curious about what you might be blocking/ignoring like me, there are definitely other ways of dealing with the problem that don't necessitate awkward confrontations or hurt feelings.

Sold! She will likely be on tonight and I am sure I will too. Just in case it's not what I think, I will try it :p

Reactions: krukstyle
There's a few low CS models that do this to me. If they come on and I am on, they immediately PM me. It can be a bit annoying.

Best solutions:

1. Anon tip while not in the room to those girls you think might be this way.
2. Ignore them, it doesn't always work (in my case, one of them just assumes I am asleep), but it can.
3. Make a second account for $20, never buy tokens on it again (hide RP and tokens). Then simply transfer tokens to it when you wish to tip. They'll never know your real account that way.

I've had some models who disappeared for a year or more come back on new accounts and PM me without me knowing who they are until I see their preview. Models I took private once, and was just looking for that one private.

I am not a big tipper so models don't PM me out of the blue except when I hang out in page 5.

But I once had a model I liked PM me like this. I hadn't seen her in a long time and she had changed her name so when I got her message I was very defensive. I thought it was a rude model poaching. So I told her I had never seen her before, to never PM me again, and to stop poaching the model's tippers or I would let her know. The model started to apologize profusely, and it sounded sincere, so I visited her room only to realize it was my old friend, and she was crying. I felt so terrible I would never be so mean to a girl on PM again, regardless of her intentions. Which is not to say I don't find random PMs strange, I understand why anyone would feel weirded out or threatened by this situation.

I do have a question though..

Question: are there exceptions to the rule or do you always feel suspicious of a model's motives when you are not in her room and she PMs you out of the blue? Are there specific situations in which you feel less threatened? On a scale from 1 to my mother befriended me on Facebook How awkward would you say these situations are:

a) There is a reason for her to PM you. You could have won a prize (raffle or HT). Or you changed your username and she doesn't recognize you. Or you haven't been online in months and she says she noticed your absence and missed you.

b) Her webcam is off. Some models like to hang out and chat in PM on their off time. Do you feel just as suspicious of her for saying hi? She couldn't possibly be trying to get you to visit her room because there is no room to speak of.

c) She PMs to invite you to a special event that will happen the following week. Some models like to personally invite the members they are close to because they consider this "special treatment". Perhaps because it is a future event it is less annoying because she isn't expecting you to drop everything you are doing and visit her then and there. How do you feel about it?

Edit: also to reply to your question, I think you should play it by ear. If you are bored and she says hi, talk to her, pay her a visit, you might have fun. If you suspect she is only PMing you because she is having a slow night and she wants you to fix it for her, then thats another thing altogether. I wouldn't tip her, but if I like her I might show up and try to be chatty. She will get the hint that just because you are in her room it doesn't mean you are going to tip her. If she does this too frequently maybe tell her you like to be left alone when you are having fun in other rooms. :twocents-02cents:

Having broken up with every model I used to know, this feels like the perfect topic for me :dance:

Most models in my experience PM their members (definitely not always) with the expectation that you may want to visit them. I have always found this ok, even with someone I had not planned to spend on. Best way to think of any model PM is as an offer to enjoy their company, just because you might not be interested, doesn't make her wrong to ask (or say hi), be polite and say no, that you are busy right now, or that you will/ may visit another time.
If you have many models on your friends list/ visit many models, when you log on you must expect a little time will be wasted on greetings and invitations.
If someone is too annoying but you don't want to ignore them, keep in mind someone can only PM you once at a time, you can answer it any time you want. Do your thing and answer it later, you can still be nice when you get the time to reply.

Trust me models know when they are not high on someones list. Some wont mind too much, others will. I suspect a few decide to punish those who visit less by being persistent, some trying to be liked more, others just trying their luck on you. As members we must choose who makes us happiest in our moments on, or we just wont log on as often.

Reactions: Osyrus
I'm like the OP in that the last thing i'm looking for when I log on to MFC is any sort of drama or aggravation. At the same time I don't have any desire to intentionally or unintentionally hurt someones feelings. For models that I know, a simple, honest "I'm in another room right now. I will try to stop by later" has always worked. For models that I don't know, I use a small white lie to keep things civil. I just say "I don't have any tokens now, I will try to stop by the next time I do". It amazing how many models will not even respond to that but just forget about you and move on to someone who may have tokens. Most times though you will get a nice professional response along the lines of "ok, you are always welcome in my room. See you another time" or even "that ok, you don't need tokens, I just like people who talk in my room". To that I will answer that i don't feel comfortable in a model friends room without tokens. This all assumes you have your tokens hidden. :twocents-02cents:

Well it's done. After reading some replies I wanted to believe she was just being friendly, so I went to her room after her pm. There was only one other premium, the model kept posting a "boring" emote in chat while telling me in pm that her day was going slowly. I told her I am not made of money and cannot be tipping her daily, and asked her not to pm anymore. Kinda felt bad but damn ... I am on mfc for fun, not to sponsor models.

JimsX said:
Well it's done. After reading some replies I wanted to believe she was just being friendly, so I went to her room after her pm. There was only one other premium, the model kept posting a "boring" emote in chat while telling me in pm that her day was going slowly. I told her I am not made of money and cannot be tipping her daily, and asked her not to pm anymore. Kinda felt bad but damn ... I am on mfc for fun, not to sponsor models.

Yeah, its time to click next model and move on.

Reactions: Osyrus and JimsX
Truth be told, I have only ever 'broken up' with one model that I was a reg for.

I showed up in her room, tipped 100 tokens, then she said out loud how many more RP I had gained since the day before (even I don't check my RP that much) and asked if all the tokens were for her-- with a room of a few hundred viewers. I haven't been back to her room since. Haven't said one word to her. And she obviously hasn't cared, since she has never even sent so much as a PM or a MFC mail asking where I have been, and it's been two years since I have been in her room.

In the end, I think I am better off because of it.

Also, I now hide my RP as well as my tokens. Because it isn't anyone's business, but my own, when I buy tokens, how many I buy and how they get spent.

UncleThursday said:
Truth be told, I have only ever 'broken up' with one model that I was a reg for.

I showed up in her room, tipped 100 tokens, then she said out loud how many more RP I had gained since the day before (even I don't check my RP that much) and asked if all the tokens were for her-- with a room of a few hundred viewers. I haven't been back to her room since. Haven't said one word to her. And she obviously hasn't cared, since she has never even sent so much as a PM or a MFC mail asking where I have been, and it's been two years since I have been in her room.

In the end, I think I am better off because of it.

Also, I now hide my RP as well as my tokens. Because it isn't anyone's business, but my own, when I buy tokens, how many I buy and how they get spent.

Ha ha, I had a similar situation once. I was beaking off about how I ONLY tipped a particular model. And then she did the math out loud (forgot I had my reward points showing) and called me the liar I was. I did leave her too but only for about a month. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.