AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you keep conversation going?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2013
I'm only in my first month of camming and things feel like they're slowing down. I haven't decided to do any nude countdowns in public yet and don't plan on doing public cum shows for awhile (if ever). When it comes to public chat, I feel like I run out of things to talk about! Then, I try to ask random questions and I usually don't get a response so I just talk to avoid the crickets. Either that or I'll start dancing or stretching to "warm up" for groups/privates. I try to keep things moving, but I don't want to make it a habit of logging off every time it gets awkward and quiet in my room (I usually have music going in the background). I've tried playing games and flashes, but it usually doesn't go well or goes by very slowly. I try to not look bored on cam, but lately it's been feeling relatively slow. I'm thinking of doing a g/g show with a friend (who is also an mfc model) and hoping it'll be worth it.

Any tips or tricks for keeping the room interesting? Any advice is appreciated!

xo

Start talking about things you know about or have been learning. Reading news and talking about a story, or asking opinions on a situation has always started up conversation. I like to take the focus off myself to start a conversation, but you have to bring it back to yourself and the general goal of the night or you might go down that spiral and make the guys forget they're supposed to be tipping.

Talk about current events. ("How about that new Pope"?)

Take a poll in your room. (Ok, everyone tell me where you are from.")

And if all else fails, ask them if they want to see some boobies. :lol:

Some models let basics talk to keep the room chat going, if premiums are letting them down. Until you get some talkative regulars there is not much you can really do.

I tell stories from my life - this one time, in band camp....
Usually anything sexy is good. First time masturbating, first sexual experience, first sexy thoughts, how you learned about sex, etc.

Failing that, random observations I make in the day, something weird I did yesterday, and, yes, news stories.

I don't mute basics, but I mute guests. I haven't tried talking about current events. I've tried asking questions and "ice breakers" for conversations, though I usually don't get an answer. I've just recently had to turn off PM's because my regulars wouldn't talk in public much.

I already feel like I'm running out of ideas. I've been doing tons of reading on this awesome site. Still trying to get an idea for what I want my room to feel like. I had tried to do a dice roll type of game for flashes, but didn't have any takers.

Thank you for the ideas!

xo

I talk to myself much of the time. When you watch a girl, if she's talking a lot and going on about things, even if the members themselves aren't saying much, it gives the illusion of an active room. It also gives people an opportunity to get to know you and respond to something. I have this problem a lot because I have a very social room and for me, personally, silence/lack of conversation = death. I do spend a lot of time alone and I tend to make mental notes when I think of something I'd like to talk about, and then I bring that up once I need something to talk about. I tell stories from my life, talk about tv shows I like, books, comics, etc. Sometimes I find, if I cam everyday, that I'll just completely run out of things to say, and that is an indicator for me that I need to do something interesting not-cam-related.

Hell, you could even brainstorm conversation ideas and write them on a piece of paper as reference. I've thought about doing that before, but I'm too lazy and I prefer to wing it.

And, sometimes when I'm feeling totally uninspired, I watch stand-up comedians and see how they're able to make it feel like you're having a conversation with them, even though they're the only one talking. Sometimes I will take notes of the sort of things they talk about and share.

And, as always, if you really don't feel like saying anything, sexy dancing is a great fail-safe for most models. :thumbleft: Though I find it best to have some sort of vocal interaction even then. But, my room is weird. If I stop talking everyone leaves. :dontknow:

Shaun__ said:
Some models let basics talk to keep the room chat going, if premiums are letting them down. Until you get some talkative regulars there is not much you can really do.

I've done this and, if the basics are getting out of hand, I've actually began allowing for the "Ban a Basic" option where all tippers can ban a basic of their choice. This not only weeds out the nasty basics, but keeps the room going pleasantly. Plus it gives a little more incentive for premiums to tip and have control of the room.

AnnieTibbs said:
Shaun__ said:

I've done this and, if the basics are getting out of hand, I've actually began allowing for the "Ban a Basic" option where all tippers can ban a basic of their choice. This not only weeds out the nasty basics, but keeps the room going pleasantly. Plus it gives a little more incentive for premiums to tip and have control of the room.

And I would suppose it also has the effect of giving the basics some incentive to behave themselves. Win/win.

Reactions: emptiedglass
I stopped muting the basics just recently and sometimes they really help with the conversation. I always say smth like If two or more don't behave I will mute all of you so be careful. After that we already had basics telling other rude basics to shut up. One of them even went premium a few days ago and is tipping now.

VeronicaChaos said:
Sometimes I find, if I cam everyday, that I'll just completely run out of things to say, and that is an indicator for me that I need to do something interesting not-cam-related.

Hell, you could even brainstorm conversation ideas and write them on a piece of paper as reference. I've thought about doing that before, but I'm too lazy and I prefer to wing it.

And, sometimes when I'm feeling totally uninspired, I watch stand-up comedians and see how they're able to make it feel like you're having a conversation with them, even though they're the only one talking. Sometimes I will take notes of the sort of things they talk about and share.

I work retail during the day and only get one day off in the week. I'm not out doing anything crazy, usually home doing boring grown up stuff like laundry and sorting mail haha. I'm not sure how interesting people would find that.

I do have a habit of brainstorming a lot. More so for ideas, haven't thought to brainstorm topics! (I've got random pieces of paper everywhere) I have a tendency to watch vloggers on youtube and perv on MFC doing "research" haha.

xo

southsamurai said:
if you add in your links and post in the "ACF models camming now" thread you might get some of the members from here to join you. we tend to be a batch of folks who won't shut up lol

I haven't been feeling very great so I haven't been online as much as usual, but I'll definitely try to remember to post in that thread!

xo

I'm going to try something new. Here's what happened:

I do surveys for some extra cash on the side. Recently was a survey about magazines. They were asking about print, ebook or internet versions of these magazines. So, as I did the survey, I marked down any magazines that looked interesting. Now, I'm busy looking up the online versions and bookmarking them.

So, my suggestion:

Find a list of magazines somewhere. As varied in topics as possible. Go down the list and find a bunch that look interesting, whether it's because you know and love it, or because you just want to check it out. I wrote mine in a text document. Head to google, and put in the name of the magazine (if it's a one-word name, put "magazine" afterwards, like "Time Magazine".) Here's the beauty of this: since they're free, you can put up as many as you want! Bookmark the main page for each one in a folder marked "magazines". Make sure you back this up somehow (I have mine attached to my google chrome account, so every computer that logs in under that name will have access to the bookmarks).

Voila! You now have a bunch of magazines that interest you at your fingertips, for free! Don't read them on camera. This is important. Read them in your free time. Peruse them while you have your morning coffee, or while you take a break from working out. Check them out between shows on camera. Skim the "front page", and click on any articles that seem interesting. None on that magazine? No problem! You have a bunch more!

Instant conversation topics, FTW!

LadyLuna said:
I'm going to try something new. Here's what happened:

I do surveys for some extra cash on the side. Recently was a survey about magazines. They were asking about print, ebook or internet versions of these magazines. So, as I did the survey, I marked down any magazines that looked interesting. Now, I'm busy looking up the online versions and bookmarking them.

So, my suggestion:

Find a list of magazines somewhere. As varied in topics as possible. Go down the list and find a bunch that look interesting, whether it's because you know and love it, or because you just want to check it out. I wrote mine in a text document. Head to google, and put in the name of the magazine (if it's a one-word name, put "magazine" afterwards, like "Time Magazine".) Here's the beauty of this: since they're free, you can put up as many as you want! Bookmark the main page for each one in a folder marked "magazines". Make sure you back this up somehow (I have mine attached to my google chrome account, so every computer that logs in under that name will have access to the bookmarks).

Voila! You now have a bunch of magazines that interest you at your fingertips, for free! Don't read them on camera. This is important. Read them in your free time. Peruse them while you have your morning coffee, or while you take a break from working out. Check them out between shows on camera. Skim the "front page", and click on any articles that seem interesting. None on that magazine? No problem! You have a bunch more!

I'll add on to this theme. If you happen to have an android phone or tablet there's a free app called Pulse that allows you to get new stories in news, technology, sports, business, lifestyle, entertainment, gaming, science, art & design, food, fun & humor and social categories.

The overall list of individual magazines, blogs and articles is quite long but some of the highlights are daily dilbert strip, the new yorker, time, usa today, ap top news, bbc news, fox news, nbc news, cnet, pcworld, espn, entrepeneur, bloomberg, car and driver, outdoor life, spin magazine, popular science, popular mechanics, and literally hundreds more.

Pretty much a one stop shop for interesting things to talk about.

AnnieTibbs said:
Shaun__ said:

it's also fun to mess with basics

Reactions: emptiedglass
LadyLuna said:

Thank you! This might sound like a silly question, but why is it important to not read them on cam? I'll have to browse a lot online today, not sure how to go about camming and shark week ha.

xo

racylaceyxo said:
LadyLuna said:

Thank you! This might sound like a silly question, but why is it important to not read them on cam? I'll have to browse a lot online today, not sure how to go about camming and shark week ha.

xo

Reading on cam can be great IF it's the focus of the show. I've masturbated while reading comic books for example, lots of girls do this sort of thing. The reason you shouldn't passively read on cam is because you should be focused on entertaining the viewers. It took me over a year to figure out how to make money reading on cam.

VeronicaChaos said:
racylaceyxo said:
LadyLuna said:

xo

Reading on cam can be great IF it's the focus of the show. I've masturbated while reading comic books for example, lots of girls do this sort of thing. The reason you shouldn't passively read on cam is because you should be focused on entertaining the viewers. It took me over a year to figure out how to make money reading on cam.

That makes a lot of sense. I wasn't planning on making money from reading, just a little something to kill a little dead air. Hmm.. I've got some random haiku/poetry books. Maybe some small excerpts to discuss?

xo

Ah, the ever-mounting question of... "Why do I have 30 people in my room, yet have been talking about the weather with myself for 20 minutes?"

Sometimes it's very hard to get them talking. These girls all have a lot of great suggestions. I do keep basics un-muted (unless they're getting annoying and begging for stuffs) because sometimes they can be truly entertaining and have some great things to say. (plus, once in a great while you can convince them to turn private... muahaha! dark side...)

Regardless, I talk about anything from current events to what video games I'm currently playing (Guild Wars 2, by the way...), or about the work I'm doing to the house I'm living in. I chop down trees. With my axe. It's fun. I'll hum, I'll play my music, dance around and shake my tushy.... but sometimes you just won't get them to say anything. Who brought the duct tape? O_O

I like to sometimes say things like, "Even if you guys can't tip, I totally understand, but if you're gonna hang out, come introduce yourself! I'm not mean and I don't bite..." And if that doesn't work, it's always fun to clap your hands together really loud and say, "Hands off your penises!!!!"

That elicits a few responses. xD ALSO, a good way to let members who like you know that you're online is the newsfeed option. I didn't start using that until recently, but I've found it works well. Especially for the members not on my friends list who have favorite me. So anyways.

I ramble too much.

Again.

MaeveXXX said:
Ah, the ever-mounting question of... "Why do I have 30 people in my room, yet have been talking about the weather with myself for 20 minutes?"

Sometimes it's very hard to get them talking. These girls all have a lot of great suggestions. I do keep basics un-muted (unless they're getting annoying and begging for stuffs) because sometimes they can be truly entertaining and have some great things to say. (plus, once in a great while you can convince them to turn private... muahaha! dark side...)

Regardless, I talk about anything from current events to what video games I'm currently playing (Guild Wars 2, by the way...), or about the work I'm doing to the house I'm living in. I chop down trees. With my axe. It's fun. I'll hum, I'll play my music, dance around and shake my tushy.... but sometimes you just won't get them to say anything. Who brought the duct tape? O_O

I like to sometimes say things like, "Even if you guys can't tip, I totally understand, but if you're gonna hang out, come introduce yourself! I'm not mean and I don't bite..." And if that doesn't work, it's always fun to clap your hands together really loud and say, "Hands off your penises!!!!"

That elicits a few responses. xD ALSO, a good way to let members who like you know that you're online is the newsfeed option. I didn't start using that until recently, but I've found it works well. Especially for the members not on my friends list who have favorite me. So anyways.

I ramble too much.

Again.

Gah! I definitely typed out a response to this, but it didn't go through and timed out. x.x

I've found that talking about video games works well in my room. Though I haven't had much time to get back into gaming, it's good to get my foot in the door and ask which games I should get.

Lately what I've been doing is replying to PM's out loud so that people know that they're not safe with PM's even haha.

I've used the Newsfeed option a little bit, but there's not much to really say considering I don't have material like photosets/videos for sale. (I really need to stop procrastibating haha)

xo

Reactions: LadyLuna
A bit off-topic, but you might think about putting some links in your signature. ACF members have been known to drop by ACF models' rooms from time to time. If for nothing else, just to say hi.

And if other members are even remotely like me, the easier to find you, the better. I'm lazy. Draw me a map.

RogueWarrior said:
A bit off-topic, but you might think about putting some links in your signature. ACF members have been known to drop by ACF models' rooms from time to time. If for nothing else, just to say hi.

And if other members are even remotely like me, the easier to find you, the better. I'm lazy. Draw me a map.

I've actually been making a point of doing that this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.