AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you know if a "gimmick" is working?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2017
South Carolina
Twitter Username
@0veniym0
Chaturbate Username
veniym
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000292825/Veniym/
I've been doing some brainstorming on how to improve my overall cam traffic and I was wondering; what's the consensus on if something is working on cam or not? Is there a "eureka" moment when you know if something is worth (or not worth) putting energy into? For example: I always do well with Bad Dragon toys and Lovense items so I know to include those in my shows usually... But every now and then it's tough to tell if something is worth it or not because... Well because everything doesn't make a ton of money immediately. Thoughts?

Careful with Bad Dragon toys on Chaturbate- they are banned. Animal shaped toys are explicitly banned in their terms and conditions, and Bad Dragon toys fall in that category. If you are caught, your account could be taken away from you. Also, looking at your profile, you are offering age play, which is stated very clearly in the terms of service multiple times that you cannot do anything involving minors, even fantasy. The best thing you could do for yourself right now is to read what you agreed to and update your account to reflect the rules.

I've been trying to experiment with different types of shows and apps and bots every night and making notes on how successful they are. What I have found works the best for me personally, at least so far, is to stand up and dance/ feel myself up to get people into my room. To get people to start tipping, I'll talk about items on my tip menu, remind people about the countdown if there's one going on, or do super quick flashes that lead people to tip for longer ones. The app that works best for me is the keep it going tip jar. That one always keeps the tips rolling in.

I would definitely suggest trying new things out and making detailed notes of how you did that night. That's the easiest way to see if something is effective or not. Focus on doing shows that bring in the most tips, not necessarily the most traffic, as having a lot of people in your room often doesn't correlate with the most tips. I've had 200 people in my room with 1 person tipping small amounts, and I've had 50 people in my room with 4-5 decent tippers.

Of course, this is from a female cam model perspective, and there will definitely be differences between how male and female models find success.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
Careful with Bad Dragon toys on Chaturbate- they are banned. Animal shaped toys are explicitly banned in their terms and conditions, and Bad Dragon toys fall in that category. If you are caught, your account could be taken away from you. Also, looking at your profile, you are offering age play, which is stated very clearly in the terms of service multiple times that you cannot do anything involving minors, even fantasy. The best thing you could do for yourself right now is to read what you agreed to and update your account to reflect the rules.

I've been trying to experiment with different types of shows and apps and bots every night and making notes on how successful they are. What I have found works the best for me personally, at least so far, is to stand up and dance/ feel myself up to get people into my room. To get people to start tipping, I'll talk about items on my tip menu, remind people about the countdown if there's one going on, or do super quick flashes that lead people to tip for longer ones. The app that works best for me is the keep it going tip jar. That one always keeps the tips rolling in.

I would definitely suggest trying new things out and making detailed notes of how you did that night. That's the easiest way to see if something is effective or not. Focus on doing shows that bring in the most tips, not necessarily the most traffic, as having a lot of people in your room often doesn't correlate with the most tips. I've had 200 people in my room with 1 person tipping small amounts, and I've had 50 people in my room with 4-5 decent tippers.

Of course, this is from a female cam model perspective, and there will definitely be differences between how male and female models find success.
Oh right, sorry I didn't specify, I only use them for ManyVids. Good info though thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.