AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Do You Respond When a Member Says "I love you"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I dont think you should take this "i love you" too serious. Usually after he cums the "love" stops and he goes back to wifey. Instead of panicking change the subject to..." you love my boobs/ass/face etc " "you'd love me to blah blah blah" Turn it sexual and get his tokens. Thats why you there , not to fall in love or date them haha.Its true many members think it's a dating site. Well , IS NOT.

I say "Aww, thanks!" But if they're pushing boundries, I remind them that I'm only a fantasy and that it's real.

Yea, I dont think you should take this "i love you" too serious. Usually after he cums the "love" stops and he goes back to wifey. Instead of panicking change the subject to..." you love my boobs/ass/face etc " "you'd love me to blah blah blah" Turn it sexual and get his tokens. Thats why you there , not to fall in love or date them haha.Its true many members think it's a dating site. Well , IS NOT.

I love you!

I think it can be complicated because 'love' means something different to everyone! If you know a member well enough you can begin to gauge what he means when he says it.

New guys saying it to you are obviously ridiculous and you can either laugh at them or say it back just for shits. More longstanding members are where you need to be careful with feelings. Trust your intuition. Some people say I love as often as they breathe and it is not a big deal. Some people reserve those words for someone they feel completes their life. Don't lead them on by saying it back if you don't mean the same.

I've had my fair share of people saying it to me. Personally, I say "love you guys" on cam often as an expression of gratitude for what they bring to my life. I've had people say it to me and generally in chat its always obviously casual or some random passerby being overly complimentary. When its said in a private message I find its easy to tell if the intention behind it is serious. Even to the extent of if theyre extending some fantasy on to you or if its a genuine reach for you to feel the same romantically. The genuine reach is the most difficult to navigate. Usually at that point (if its someone whos around a lot) I take the time to write out a thoughtful honest message about my intentions and why I value them but that I am not going to return those particular affections. At this point having been as clear as possible, its up to them to decide to keep coming back or not. Its not my responsibility to shut them out just because theyve expressed emotional feelings. If they continuously beg for more from me, i remind them again and tell them they should leave for their own mental health if they cannot enjoy my time without wanting more than I'm willing to give. We've all seen models lead on very serious advances without real intention to ever reciprocate in order to make $$$$. I just think its a gross misuse of our own position and disregards how possible it is for someone to be confused by their own emotional response to building a bond with a cammodel.

Anyway, at this point I have quite a few members who express loving me and I say it back because we've individually discussed being greatful for being there for eachother and that is what we are conveying when its said. Just navigate it kindly, don't assume youre breaking the bank by being honest. I've made a solid group of friends from being transparent when they feel vunerable. Just my 2cents

Apropos of this thread, a model told me, "I love you, Mikey." It was more of a friendly I like what you said type of 'I love you' not the type where I then Western Union her monies for her BF's birthday.

• Funny!
Reactions: Pure_emotion
My vacation would be a lot better if one of the many models who 'love me' would have traveled with me. Instead, I'm stuck with lame friends and family.

Sometimes, friends and family aren't that bad and you at least had people to travel with. Most times, my friends and family either don't like the same I do or are unable to attend. Like the last few events I went to. Bought extra tickets and couldn't give them away...

Reactions: Kitty_Minxi
Thanks to all who replied with their thoughts and experiences. They were very helpful and made me feel more at ease. For clarification, these situations that have me worried are members who do seem to confuse MFC (and seemingly other camsites) as "dating sites" rather than remaining platonic with their affection. Being new-ish, I'm still trying to figure the etiquette out and how to handle certain things, and I was concerned about blocking those members whose affection was too far off the meter for me to be okay with. I feel as though camming requires its own set of social skills, and I'm learning fast. Thanks to all of your replies, I'm starting to find my feet :cat:

Sometimes, friends and family aren't that bad and you at least had people to travel with. Most times, my friends and family either don't like the same I do or are unable to attend. Like the last few events I went to. Bought extra tickets and couldn't give them away...

i hear you. This time is valuable but very easy to take for granted. I still want to tailor my experiences a wee bit more towards who I'm becoming, who I want to do these things with vs going with the default usual suspects. We did have an interesting add on guest to our dinner out and she was refreshing and flinty so that made for a far more entertaining experience and maybe a potential activity partner....

But yeah I have a lot of lame friends too who do not want to do anything fun. I also hate having to organize things for people...

Hey all, i'm super new here. did keyword search for a similar thread and didn't see anything, sorry if this question's already come about.

I started regularly camming on MFC a couple of weeks ago, and so far so good. Got a couple of really wonderful regulars already. However, I do get the few odd members who straight up declare their love for me, sometimes over and over. Most of the time i'm able to dodge it, cause i'm not gonna reciprocate. but it does cause a small panic attack in me every time it happens Just wondering how some of you deal with members who are a bit overbearing with their affection?

Given that these are men who have known you a few days or weeks, I would never hear "I love you" in this situation to mean much more than "I am really into you". Guys on these sites fall in and out of "love" with models all the time, and it is not uncommon for that process of crushing on someone to begin, blossom, and end in just a few weeks.

I have had two models tell me they love me, which in context I never took to mean more than "I love the way you make me feel" and actually it might even only mean they love how I made them feel that one day. The words "I love you" just do not mean very much on a webcam site, so I wouldn't lose much sleep on it.

Reactions: Pure_emotion
i love you from a model can mean that your 1/115th of all token offerings will contribute to her paying rent and getting the things she needs/wants. Loving your benefactors is utilitarian and honest but obviously quid pro quo. The love ends when the tokens run dry but kindness can remain for good conversation and the surety of future donations.

i hear you. This time is valuable but very easy to take for granted. I still want to tailor my experiences a wee bit more towards who I'm becoming, who I want to do these things with vs going with the default usual suspects. We did have an interesting add on guest to our dinner out and she was refreshing and flinty so that made for a far more entertaining experience and maybe a potential activity partner....

But yeah I have a lot of lame friends too who do not want to do anything fun. I also hate having to organize things for people...
I'm wth you on this as well. Most of my friends are married, with families. So, it's difficult to get them out. Friend of mine I had to literally beg him to go see our favourte band last time they were here. Sad part is, he wasn't even doing anything. But, then again, this is the same person that is desperate to hook me up with one of his female friends because "Misery loves company"... o_O:wtf:

Glad you had a good time out that night and perhaps with a new friend. ;)

Reactions: Mikey_P
Gah, that's worse than the ones that do the "pussy-eating" tongue flicks. Just take your dick out like a normal dude, sheesh.
But can't you tell my tongue feels good by watching it bb?! Seriously I think of this gif every time it happens.
z0mQz8s.gif

As for the original topic, it depends on the scenario.

If something I say or do is complimented in a way by a member where it can be translated as "I love watching you cuz you do a thing I like", then I keep it at an "aww thanks!", random cute noise, or make my hands into a cutesy heart shape. Something like that doesn't bother me. I don't say I love you back.

If it's a person who's only been in my room for seconds and says it. I tell them it's lust they feel, and if I'm in a mood I might mock them a bit.

Long time member who I may chat with says I love you. Chances are this is meant as a friendly I love you, rather than creepy.

If a guy bombards me with "I love you" messages when i'm not on cam or say pressures me into saying it back or perhaps even meeting up...that one's gonna be blocked in no time.

My vacation would be a lot better if one of the many models who 'love me' would have traveled with me. Instead, I'm stuck with lame friends and family.
To be fair, I've heard a few travel offers that sounded pretty damn good. Had to bite my tongue and not blurt out "Yes! We should totally go!" Too bad free travel with strangers is basically the grown up equivalent of getting in a van for candy - not inherently dangerous, but a really solid setup for a terrible outcome.

On topic... I haven't seen it mentioned, but sometimes the guys that say "I love you" upon arrival to your room are not native English speakers. "I love you" is an easy phrase to remember in many languages, so in those cases, I think they really want to give us some generic compliment, but just don't have the vocab for it at the moment.

I haven't had many scenarios where I thought the "I love you" was a genuine sign of infatuation. Most of the time, I think they actually mean "I really like you, and my cock loves what's happening right now." I usually respond with something like "And I really love [whatever we're doing at the moment]." For example "I really love being your good little toy;" "I really love making you beg to cum;" etc. I think it's the nicest possible way to express that we both enjoy what's going on, and we should stay present in the moment and not get into complicated emotions.

To be fair, I've heard a few travel offers that sounded pretty damn good. Had to bite my tongue and not blurt out "Yes! We should totally go!" Too bad free travel with strangers is basically the grown up equivalent of getting in a van for candy - not inherently dangerous, but a really solid setup for a terrible outcome.

What're you saying?! I've had a couple of "Free candy vans" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.