AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do YOU start your shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupcake_viv

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 1, 2015
Candy Land
Twitter Username
@Cupcake_viv
MFC Username
Cupcake_viv
The beginning of my shows are almost always awkward "hellos" from my regulars who PM me as soon as I get on, me trying to type up my topic, and then sitting in from the the camera dancing for an empty room. How do you other models start off your shows? I know the pre-game plan of picking out outfits and doing your hair/makeup but anything aside from that I am lost!

One of small things I am doing as to not be so awkward is to try and have my topic written out on a notepad and copy/paste it into the bar as soon as I begin. But still... the empty room kinda hurts.

Also, how do I get feedback on my lighting and sound during a show? I ask every now and then but no guy ever wants to answer me. Weird to ask but could someone just watch a feed for about five minutes and comment? I would greatly appreciate it and it would put me at ease.

I have been camming just over a year now. I find it easy to switch on the cam and communicate with people .. I didn't at first but I think it comes with time. It's always good to talk with people who come in your room and get to know them because it makes you more comfortable and takes the edge of that awkwardness when you go to broadcast again.

I have so many days when I turn on cam and the room is empty for some time but you really have to keep going .. even give yourself an hour to see how the night will turn out a little better and try to keep a positive look on your face even if your tearing up inside. 1 hour and if nothing happens log off .. have a break and try again.

One thing I have been doing a lot of the time which I didn't realise was my worst downfall was sitting around waiting on tips to then perform. Chaturbate is a website where people tip to show appreciation .. so what are they appreciating when you are sitting in your underwear waiting on something happening? It's about performing to get tips .. and a lot of people can quickly forget about that. I know I did. You dont have to give a lot away but keep teasing and flashing little bits now and again.

I dont get much info on my lighting and sound either .. luckily enough I have a partner that watches me from time to time on his tablet then will give me a quick text to move lighting or move back from cam as its going dark or whatever .. do you have someone you talk to about your cam work? that could maybe do that from time to time?

I begin my shows by taking about 30 mins to get ready .. have a cup or tea or coffee so I have a caffine rush. I do my hair and makeup and select an outfit. I set my toys to one side and fix my lighting. I then log onto chaturbate and go to broadcast page .. I have a browse through the apps and try to adjust some of the prizes around .. change the prize numbers etc and then pick and app and a high tipper bot or a notice bot to advertise private show available or panties for sale .. email me for info etc. I advetise on twitter and send out my email to followers then click broadcast. It's slow for a good while at first .. blues coming and going but I always say hello to eveyone. I tease and sometimes try and play some background music low to lighten my mood.

Sorry for the long drawn out post .. tried to explain everything in as much detail. Im not a pro at this but I hope this helps.

xx

On MFC there's no reason not to use the Newsfeed to say a quick "Hi" when you log in to people who have you on their friends list. The only people who will see the notice in their feed are already interested, so as long as you don't get all spammy, the Newsfeed feature is your friend.

@Honey_Suckle & @Sevrin The empty room I am not so worried about. It's really how everyone starts up their shows. Like do some models do some sort of intro? Do they have a particular ritual they do once you've started broadcasting? I am new so I am expecting empty rooms at first.

I do want to see the first few minutes of a successful camshow though, I can never get to one on time! :arghh:

Reactions: angieivy
Unless a model already has a devoted following, and a few members who have friended her join her room as soon as she logs in and before she starts broadcasting, she will start out with an empty room. You'll need to be "on" as soon as you light up your cam, but I wouldn't worry too much about "what to do" right at that moment, since there won't be many members to witness it. Just go with the flow as members trickle in, engage with them, and keep your powder dry until you have a few premiums watching.

I play my previews while I type my topic and wait for people to show up, but someday I'd like to make an actual intro video to play at the beginning of each show. Like a theme song. XD

I sit on the chair and smoke , waiting for people to gather there , I'm too lazy to tease or something similar from the beginning . As for talking to people....I'm lucky because I have a few moderators who come into my room as soon as I go online so I don't feel awkward in a lonely quiet room...

"Hey guys! What are you up to...? Let me get my topic up'"

*awkward pause
*gets sidetracked
*trips over something
*cat jumps on computer
*more talking to myself
*remembers I'm trying to write topic
*someone asks something but I can't look because if I do I will forget I'm writing topic
*13 minutes later my cat finally leaves and I have a topic

See? And people still like me and come watch anyways! Haha!

Seriously though....just log on...be yourself...take your time writing your topic:)

Most days I log on and put one or 2 things in the topic (video sales) and add a topless/game whatever topic a few minutes later after people are there and talking:)

I use chaturbate .. are you mfc? im not too sure how mfc's works but they may have similar apps. I like to start my cb broadcast off usualy by opening something called token keno ... it's like a board of numbers and so many are prizes that you make up yourself , it could be buttplug or oil ass or ride dildo etc .. people tip a number and it's hit or miss .. they can tip whatever they like. I noticed not a lot of people like to start off by sending high tips when they enter a room so some will come in at first and start the board going with 1 token or 5 tokens .. something like that. Once you are on a roll you should get more comfortable and more viewers will start coming in. Tips tend to get slightly higher if two people are in competition with eachother to be MVP .. one tips 50 and the other is like oh well i'll tip 60 lol I see that sort of trend happening a lot. I always put MVP with cleared board wins private show or set of pics to email or a video .. but that's usualy how I start off.

For me, it can really depend. I know the traditional way to go about it is to get x amount to start a show and I do that sometimes. However, I've had success mixing it up a bit too. Some days I have no count down at all and just a silly game. Then, I start the show whenever I feel like it. Other days, I'll have a lower countdown to get to the show. During the show, my room count gets higher and I still do meet new tippers this way. On other days, I'll just hang out in free and do group.

Hope this helps and best of luck! ^_^

I hang out and chit chat with the members that come in first and as the room count generally builds up I start introducing my topic and my plans/goals for the evening. If I have multiple goals I'll keep it simple and say something like, "I'm stripping today! Help me take off my top, and from there we can move on"

Are you spending a lot of time responding back to PM's? If I get PM greetings right when I sign on, I vocally respond back, "Hi XXX" I used to spend a lot of time responding to PM's when I was new and as members were entering my room I would be losing them because they couldn't hear my voice and all they could hear was typing.

Don't worry we all start with empty rooms. It takes some time and consistency to build more regular visitors. :)

The beginning of my shows are almost always awkward "hellos" from my regulars who PM me as soon as I get on, me trying to type up my topic, and then sitting in from the the camera dancing for an empty room. How do you other models start off your shows? I know the pre-game plan of picking out outfits and doing your hair/makeup but anything aside from that I am lost!

One of small things I am doing as to not be so awkward is to try and have my topic written out on a notepad and copy/paste it into the bar as soon as I begin. But still... the empty room kinda hurts.

Also, how do I get feedback on my lighting and sound during a show? I ask every now and then but no guy ever wants to answer me. Weird to ask but could someone just watch a feed for about five minutes and comment? I would greatly appreciate it and it would put me at ease.

Why don't you open a second browser and go to MFC as a guest and visit your own room ? then you should see and hear what all guests see.....or do I miss something ?Maybe use a headphone for the sound to avoid any feedback....

:)

I play my previews while I type my topic and wait for people to show up, but someday I'd like to make an actual intro video to play at the beginning of each show. Like a theme song. XD
A theme song! Yes! That would be amazing! (Except now I'm picturing a saved by the bell type tv show intro except with cam girls! Silly brain!)

Reactions: AriaAnderson

Sometimes I'll use Manycam to record my feed for just a few seconds before signing on MFC. Then I'll play it back to myself and double check lighting and sound. Not sure if it translates exactly into MFC that way, but it usually helps me get my bearings on what the other side is seeing.

My advice: get used to talking to yourself!

It sounds really weird, but it works. It's like when people stream to empty rooms on Twitch.
Start by when you log in, have some music playing, and sing along. Even though you're not actually saying anything, it looks as if you're talking to someone, which'll bring an audience to your room. That's how I did it when I first started camming.

Now I'm so crazy that i can talk to myself no problem :kiss:

I've been making a habit of going into my chatroom before I turn on my cam and talking to people while I'm getting ready! Lately I've been logging on with people already interested in a topic of conversation and tipping. I also stop in my chat throughout the day to just hang while I'm doing stuff. It's a great way to keep people wanting to come back your room and raise my camscore (some of them tip offline just for me chatting). When I actually log on it takes me just a few minutes to gather everything and get the music started, but no one seems to mind, they all just chat amongst themselves.

First 20 mins or so is getting my topic up, pasting my copypasta spam into the chat room, and catching up with my regulars on the happenings of my day/weekend. Music is already on, I'm ready to go, but it's nice to chat for a few to get all the initial jitters eased and merge into fun mode.

I try to not have everything ready when I log on, so I can move around the room and "do things" for those first 20 min on cam.

Sometimes I will put on my make up on cam. Sometimes I will light up some candles, or bring a small table to the room. Any excuse is good to walk to the far end of the room and back... I will space these actions out and talk while I do them. "Hey guys! how is your day going? Welcome welcome! I am just getting ready hehe" People like watching you set up your room. It is fun, active, and it gives you something to do other than stare into space.

I usually put off writing a topic until I have somewhat of a conversation going with the people in my room which can sometimes take over 30 min to develop.

I love that idea! sounds like it would be fun to do.

That would be awesome veronica

Reactions: AngelKisses00
I always feel so awkward when I first log on haha. Before I go live, I take a photo and type something out so it's immediately ready to hit post on Twitter and Tumblr to say that I'm online. I also have a Snapchat ready to send, and my topic typed out. But even then I still feel really weird and there's always a little while after that where I'm kind of just sitting there trying not to look too bored and wondering what to do. If people start talking to me really soon then it'll get going easily enough, but sometimes it takes ages before anyone talks. A few people here have said they wait and set up on cam then type topics etc after people are talking, but I tend to find that if I don't have everything set up, people come in and just leave - maybe assuming I don't have anything going on or that I'm too busy pottering around to pay attention to chat? I don't know. But I'm not a very high CS model so perhaps it's different when you have a different page placement etc?

But whatever I'm doing I try to sort of talk to myself a bit so that I'm not just sitting there doing nothing. Especially with the new previews on the MFC homepage, it's important to keep moving (this is why I hate the new previews haha, if you happen to be sitting still for a minute people will just go past you and it can be difficult to be moving ALL the time) and sometimes if it gets to a point where I've been doing something for a while and nobody has said anything I'll just say something like 'okay I'm ready to go now so you can start talking!' and kinda make a joke of it

There are some good ideas for ways to start up the show on this thread! I usually go through a 'process' similar to cat lady's. Haha. Theme songs sound pretty good, and I especially like the chatting in room before cam on. It's sort of like theatre chatter before the curtain opens. ❤️

"Hey guys! What are you up to...? Let me get my topic up'"

*awkward pause
*gets sidetracked
*trips over something
*cat jumps on computer
*more talking to myself
*remembers I'm trying to write topic
*someone asks something but I can't look because if I do I will forget I'm writing topic
*13 minutes later my cat finally leaves and I have a topic

See? And people still like me and come watch anyways! Haha!

Seriously though....just log on...be yourself...take your time writing your topic:)

Most days I log on and put one or 2 things in the topic (video sales) and add a topless/game whatever topic a few minutes later after people are there and talking:)

Oh my gosh! ALL THE YES! This is EXACTLY what I do.

But seriously, come on and just be yourself. People love seeing the real you in a real situation. To see a girl that is always prepared and always on point just isn't enjoyable. I usually log on with little to no idea of what I am going to do. I usually talk to myself about what I am going to do while absent mindedly asking the room what they think even if there is no one there. Just be engaging whether there is 1 person in your room or 100. Remember--people understand you need to set up.

Relax, breathe, log on.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Status
Not open for further replies.