AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long until you found THE camming spot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2016
North East Earth
Twitter Username
@CAmericum
Streamate Username
throughthelookingglass
Chaturbate Username
Captainamericum
I have very bad anxiety, not social anxiety, I love talking to viewers. I have trouble sitting in one spot... as soon as I get a good base of viewers I switch camera positions or just start being fidgety

I need to find THE set up. I have lighting down pat(photographer) IMAC, good Internet.

My only issue is I always want to move around :/ I have a logitech trackball mouse, best investment ever and helped me with fidgeting at least 25%...

Would a remote control webcam help me and is it worth the $? I have c525 now from logitech.

Nothing wrong with moving around and changing your cam angle. In fact, I personally think it adds interest to your stream. If you are CONSTANTLY moving things around during your stream, that could cause irritation, but it sounds like you might be overthinking it. There are plenty of performers who change their angles and positions often throughout their time online. :)

Nothing wrong with moving around and changing your cam angle. In fact, I personally think it adds interest to your stream. If you are CONSTANTLY moving things around during your stream, that could cause irritation, but it sounds like you might be overthinking it. There are plenty of performers who change their angles and positions often throughout their time online. :)

Thanks! What about finding the perfect room? I just want to find 1 spot , been doing it 6 months and I still bounce around :(

Movement is part of what makes watching cams exciting! But there is a big difference between nervous fidgeting and just being a bouncy person, and it's a little unclear which one you are.

I personally wouldn't get one of those expensive cams as a solution for not being able to sit still. They still broadcast from a central location even if you can move them up or down with the remote. It might help to have something in your hand to play with, but I think people would rather see your hands preoccupied with you, or your clothes then with a remote.

Good luck!

Movement is part of what makes watching cams exciting! But there is a big difference between nervous fidgeting and just being a bouncy person, and it's a little unclear which one you are.

I personally wouldn't get one of those expensive cams as a solution for not being able to sit still. They still broadcast from a central location even if you can move them up or down with the remote. It might help to have something in your hand to play with, but I think people would rather see your hands preoccupied with you, or your clothes then with a remote.

Good luck!
My viewers never say anything negative, I probably just over think that part of, I do keep my hands quite busy:) I just want to find one spot in my house that is perfect lol

I agree that movement is usually a good thing. Considerations with picking your space would likely be a good amount of distance between the camera and the wall behind it to give you room to stand and move and still be in frame, and lighting such that you don't lose your light entirely as you move around.

I know quite a few models have their camrooms set up and lit so they have multiple "stages" they can switch between. These may involve moving the camera, but each camera placement is predictable, so they can switch between them easily. Examples would be a) sitting at desk chatting b) standing/dancing/etc back from the camera with full body in frame b) lying on bed c) sitting/lying on the floor, including some stretches, push-ups, etc. Most of these models seem to use a standard webcam clipped to a laptop or a small tripod rather than a servo-mount conference cam, since I'll see not only the angle but the actual placement of the camera change.

The room you choose should be comfortable, and interesting, you're going to be spending LOTS of time there. I like to have a clean clear space, but with all of my "tools" near enough that I can improvise if I like. It's ok to bounce around though. Especially if you live alone. I like to mix things up at times. As soon as someone see's that I'm in the kitchen their expectations for the day change. Use that to your advantage. Regulars are everything, so it's kind of fun to switch things up. Kind of like in a relationship. You wouldn't have sex with your other in the exact same place every single day.

Im still finding my 'spot' as well. Just like stated above I have two 'sets' in my room. My bed and a nice little rug with plushes and a treasure box. I'm usually sitting down there when i'm trying to raffle or give prizes away. :) I thought of it like a round rug of fun ;)

Reactions: Maxxx
Status
Not open for further replies.