AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how many hours do you work a day?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticgirlbluee

Cam Model
Feb 28, 2020
Twitter Username
@florabluee
Chaturbate Username
mysticgirlblue
qual é a sua meta de horas mínimas?
mesmo que o seu quarto esteja vazio, você continua online ou sai e compensa em um dia público e com melhores ganhos?
quando você não está ganhando, você passa mais ou menos tempo? e quando você está ganhando?
agora para modelos experientes:
quantas horas você aconselha alguém a ficar pelo menos?

Estou tentando melhorar tudo no meu dia a dia como modelo! me ajude * - * obrigado!

Heya!

We are an English speaking forum, would love if you'd post the thread text in English as you have the topic. Thank you!

Oh no! somehow the machine translator must have translated this post before I published! I apologize immensely, I will repost

AGAIN IN ENGLISH

what is your minimum hours goal?
even if your room is empty, do you stay online or go out and make up for it on a public day with better earnings?
when you are not winning, do you spend more or less time? and when are you winning?
now for experienced models:
how many hours do you advise someone to stay at least?

I'm trying to improve everything in my daily life as a model! help me * - * thanks!

SORRY AGAIN!!

I'll try to stay on for at least an hour and I'll stay on with an empty room. But to be fair, I just started getting back on cam after not being active for a couple of years so I'm a new model with good traffic already, so I don't have an empty room very much.

I also don't have much time to get on during the day and can't get on at night right now so I try to make the time I'm on as profitable as possible.

I've been camming for 3+ years now "full-time" and I do about 12-15hrs a week planning on bumping up to 25 hours a week when school starts again and I'm not traveling as much. I try to stay on at least a full hour during the day as my main time slot and if it's slow, I'll log off and do a night shift. I have a pretty steady flow most days except Tuesday and Wednesday. They're always sloooooow unless a random whale shows up. When I first started, I only needed less than 2k tokens/day for expenses. Now that's really below what I usually make an hour.

I don't necessarily have a time frame I try to stay on for, I have $$ goals I want to make a day and I usually have it set so I can take 3-4 days off a week in the summer. I'll double my goals this fall and winter so longer hours will be coming. I'm getting spoiled. As long as I'm emotionally and physically able to cam, I try to stay focused.

I don't do privates at all. And I split cam.

I'll double my goals this fall and winter
What do you find is the most profitable season out of the year as well as the slowest? I cammed for a little over half the year before medical problems sent me on hiatus but this is something I’ve wondered is if models make more in the summer months or the colder weather?

Reactions: Mysticgirlbluee
What do you find is the most profitable season out of the year as well as the slowest? I cammed for a little over half the year before medical problems sent me on hiatus but this is something I’ve wondered is if models make more in the summer months or the colder weather?
Summer months are usually the slowest with holidays and weird schedules for a lot of people. Some models I know take off the summer or work on content but they've gotten a boom recently. I've been traveling a ton (RV and hiking) and my monthly average is still enough to keep me on track for goals. I haven't had a slump this year like others before so no idea what 2020's craziness is bringing this fall. Usually the autumn months really ramp up for me. Should be interesting.

I cam late night/early morning because it's usually the only time I get enough privacy so currently 3-3.5 hours. Any more than that and I would be banned for sleeping on cam LOL. Also only camming every 4 days. I have some health issues that make me feel too crap to cam some days but I'm trying hard to get them under control. If I can I'll cam every 3 days.

I generally plan to cam for 4 hours, but if its super slow I'll log off after 2 hours. Even when people aren't tipping much there's almost always enough people in my room for it to feel worth the exposure time - i know my camscore suffers but I try not to think about that... I try to cam 4+ days a week, so around 16 hours, not including skypes and all the offscreen work too..

I cam late at night like 11pm-3am, which is something id like to change since i have classes during the day but unfortunately thats when my fans are on so its been hard to switch hours. I've been trying more morning and daytime shifts and they are so different and unpredictable!

My goal is four per shift, if it's slow I try to stick around until at least two, at which point it usually turns around for me enough to stay on a bit longer. I'd say I average 3-3.5, 4 nights a week.

Also- @Chiara_Montague - it took me ages to place why your name was familiar then I thought of it and LOLed so hard!! Love it, so fucking funny!

@Chiara_Montague - it took me ages to place why your name was familiar then I thought of it and LOLed so hard!! Love it, so fucking funny!

A Belinker on here, finally yaaay! I couldn't think of anything else but I do sew and make clothes sometimes and these days I definitely feel like I'm locked in Belinda's apartment just by myself wearing a floral dress with shoulder puffs lol.

Edit: Oh and an update on my hours; my minimum goal is still 1 hour but after officially working a full week, I'd say my eventual goal is to do anywhere from 3-6 hours a day for 3-4 days a week depending on how profitable my time online is. This week though I'm doing everyday because 1. I'm a new model and trying to build a regular audience and 2. there's a SM contest going on this week so I'm trying to place on the leaderboard and hopefully earn a nice bonus. I've also improved my setup so I can now cam at night!

Last edited:
I try to cam around 3-4 hours a night and then I spend up to 3 hours a day on onlyfans posting and replying to messages , as well as posting on twitter, snapchat, reddit, etc. I have a full time vanilla job but I try my best.

My Brain tells me I cam 4-5 hours a day but my stream logs are telling me its really more like 10-15 hours a week on average. There's probably another 2-3 hours a week on content for mfcshare, snapchat, OF and emails. Props to everyone who can hold out and do long hours!

So far I've been trying to do an hour twice a day - so, two hours total. If its a good show, I'll go longer, up to two-three hours... but not more than that because I have pets who need my attention and I can't keep them out of the room for THAT long, lol. If a rooms empty or I'm not getting tipped about 20 minutes in with users coming in and out, I close up and try again a little bit later with a new... ~theme~, I guess :)

I generally plan to cam for 4 hours, but if its super slow I'll log off after 2 hours. Even when people aren't tipping much there's almost always enough people in my room for it to feel worth the exposure time - i know my camscore suffers but I try not to think about that... I try to cam 4+ days a week, so around 16 hours, not including skypes and all the offscreen work too..

I cam late at night like 11pm-3am, which is something id like to change since i have classes during the day but unfortunately thats when my fans are on so its been hard to switch hours. I've been trying more morning and daytime shifts and they are so different and unpredictable!
Ugh I feel that, I try to start camming around 9pm to 12am after eating dinner with my family, but it always takes me longer to get ready than I think it will since I like to set up my background/ costume, and my family is always slow cleaning up dinner. So I end up going from 11 pm to 1-3am depending on tips and room traffic. Problem is no one knows I do this, so I end up still getting up before 8am, and suffer through online class. I would love to cam during the day, but I can't really risk my family popping up to my "apartment" and having to stop the stream, rip off wigs, etc. when I'm supposedly "working". Once I can move off the property to my own place, I'm definitely changing my hours, cause it's really hard to stay motivated to cam when I'm tired and sore from doing like 30 squats and dancing around at 3 am the night before lmao.

Around 2 1/2 - 3 hours each night splitcamming two sites. And surprisingly, it lets me splitcam without actually using splitcamming software.

I am so glad that I stumbled across this thread. I have been camming for around ten years, and I used to cam for 2 hours a day, but now I need to cam for 3 hours a day to make the same amount.

i try 8-10 hours 4-5 days a week. At the end of the week im between 37-45 hours / week. If it's super slow 35 hours is enough. But if it's going well i usually stay 40-45 hours a week

4-5 hours a day, usually 7 days a week. I take off as much time as needed during my period though (because I deserve SOME time off right?) And I stay on for my hours regardless if it's slow or not...you never know when that big spender will appear so I stick with my schedule.

I go for shortish, high energy bursts. 4 hours is great. Sometimes I do 5-7 but only if I'm pushing for a goal and I have rest days planned. I'm happiest if my paid percentage is between 50-60% on Streamate and there's really only so many hours a week I can spend dildoing myself 😂 I have ADHD so I can't do the strategy where I raise my rates and rely on a lower paid percentage. I get ants in my pants if cam is too slow and I end up logging off too quickly.

These days my time is split between cam and shoots, so I often only do 2 or 3 streams a week. When I don't have shoots I usually top off at around 16 hours a week tops. I'd like to get to 5 4 hour shifts a week (or 4 5 hour shifts!), but I often end up needing more rest than that! I'm working on making some changes to make cam more physically sustainable so I can bump my hours up a bit.

If I am live camming I do anywhere from 1-4 hours. If I am marketing, editing, and shooting clips and customs, it's a solid 8-12 hour day (that includes upload times, writing descriptions, converting files, answering DMs, researching fetishes, researching filming, researching special effects and watching tutorials, plus advertising/ marketing across sites etc too). The filming is usually the quick part. Recently I've been doing 5-7 days a week with a minimum of 6 hours per day working on clips. When I go back to live streaming too, I will probably go down to about 4 or 5 hours per day working on clips, uploads etc, and try to add at least 2 hours for live streaming. I'll do that at least 5 days per week. Sometimes 7 days. I have a REALLY hard time switching off and not working. The last 3 days that I planned a full day off, I ended up working a minimum of 5 hours. It's hard not to. I think I am genuinely going to take a full day off Wednesday though. As in leave, the area in a vehicle, and not bring my laptop with me. Hopefully I can handle it without having a breakdown or anything (I will be bringing the Nintendo Switch with me, just incase) :)

ETA; Yesterday I had an acute health problem and had to go to the ER (I'm a bit better now tho, so no worries), but as soon as they discharged me, I was home working on clips, and doing uploads. That's how much of a workaholic I am. And tbh if I wasn't too out of it and mentally confused to have thought of it, I would have had my laptop at the ER with me, and been working on clips the whole time I was there. But I just didn't think of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JennyFae
So I don’t cam anymore, but I did before I became a mom in 2013.

These days I work far more and far less than I did while camming. With camming, I woke up and immediately started getting ready for cam, then would be online and live for anywhere between 3-15 hours at a time. Not healthy,not profitable, not sustainable. I had zero time for myself, eating, my spouse, or anything, and I still struggled to pay the bills.

I switched to building up my passive income. Now my work “hours” look more like I wake up, I turn my texting and phone lines on, answer emails while on the potty, shower and text, breakfast and text, edit videos for a few hours or until goal is met, upload to various websites for a time limit or until goal is met, queue up new video releases for a time limit or until goal is met, and text all day long. My actual work hours do not equal more than 5 ish per day now, and those hours are broken up into bits. Texting I can easily do while doing anything else, so it doesn’t feel like working and does not require the commitment that everything else does. It blends beautifully with content creation for a very stable, and growing, passive income.

My work hours on filming days are probably closer to 10+ hours on that particular day. My income now that I’ve stopped camming is easily more than double what it was and I actually have time for my health now. My only regret is not telling those selfish fucks to sit and spin on a cactus sooner, because now I can comfortably provide 100% of my family’s income while actually being there for them.

I've been camming for 3+ years now "full-time" and I do about 12-15hrs a week planning on bumping up to 25 hours a week when school starts again and I'm not traveling as much. I try to stay on at least a full hour during the day as my main time slot and if it's slow, I'll log off and do a night shift. I have a pretty steady flow most days except Tuesday and Wednesday. They're always sloooooow unless a random whale shows up. When I first started, I only needed less than 2k tokens/day for expenses. Now that's really below what I usually make an hour.

I don't necessarily have a time frame I try to stay on for, I have $$ goals I want to make a day and I usually have it set so I can take 3-4 days off a week in the summer. I'll double my goals this fall and winter so longer hours will be coming. I'm getting spoiled. As long as I'm emotionally and physically able to cam, I try to stay focused.

I don't do privates at all. And I split cam.
Hi I am so new here and learning how to even reply to a thread. Thank you for the Q&As, I am looking forward to my child returning to school. I am planning on about 3 hours a day minimum.

when i was young and full of energy i was working daily 12 h a day , wich wasnt healthy but i saw i can make so much money i always said never know when will be slow , better work hard now that u can, but then never went slow , and i worked this hard for years, then after age 30 i started to broadcast 8 h a day, 4 h in am 10 to 14 then in pm 8 pm 1 kinda till like age 36. after i started to have chronical back pain that i was fighting with last 3 year, all this becouse of my bad postions at the computer 12 h a day :) so now i hardly can stay on 3. 4 h a day , pain is killing . But this was a moment i decided to make my own studio, when i saw that my health isnt helping me that much anymore, so i invest my energy now in creating new top models young and full of energy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.