AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much $$$$ do u think Leo invested to get MFC started?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushmaster

Banhammered
Jan 8, 2011
He just might be one of the smartest/luckiest business men alive! Anyone have any ideas of how much it cost him to get MFC going???

Re: How much $$$$ do u think Leo invested to get MFC started

I've heard that the website is worth about 1.9 Million... I'll see if I can find proof of that statistic.

I dunno how "lucky" he is. Lots of people have a problem with Leo. Lots of people dont like him, or something he's done. I think there is a reason he try's to not have his image out there, he doesn't want to have need for protection.

Also, server maintenance and cost is nothing to laugh off. For a site as big and as buggy as MFC, the man has a lot more to deal with than you might think. Luckiest man alive? Maybe not... a man who had one hell of an idea? Oh yeah for sure.

Yeah I don't think people give enough credit to the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. People are always quick to curse and throw a paddy when it breaks but how would we feel if it didn't exist at all.

What exactly would "throwing a paddy" look like? This intrigues me much.

I have heard its worth 2.2 million but that figure has to go up each day that goes by. I just wonder how much it cost him to actually get the site up and running?

GreatDane said:
AmberCutie said:
What exactly would "throwing a paddy" look like? This intrigues me much.
something tells me you didn't grow up on a farm :lol:
Oh... paddy = shit. So "throwing a shit-fit" = "throwing a paddy"?! Woohoo I like it.

Bushmaster said:
I have heard its worth 2.2 million but that figure has to go up each day that goes by. I just wonder how much it cost him to actually get the site up and running?
Oh and i just about forgot to mention that i read some article a while back that Leo had been in trouble for fraud... I don't know the details of it or anything and i don't even know if it was accurate.

A quick search resulted in the following...

MFC is getting 1,165,254 pageviews per day and making USD 3497.76 daily. MFC has 428470 backlinks according to yahoo and is hosted in United States at Cortland Electronics Corp. data center. MFC is most popular in the UNITED STATES. Estimated worth of myfreecams.com is USD is 2.55 Million according to websiteoutlook.

Initial investment guestimate could be anywhere between 30-70K

Bocefish said:
A quick search resulted in the following...

MFC is getting 1,165,254 pageviews per day and making USD 3497.76 daily. MFC has 428470 backlinks according to yahoo and is hosted in United States at Cortland Electronics Corp. data center. MFC is most popular in the UNITED STATES. Estimated worth of myfreecams.com is USD is 2.55 Million according to websiteoutlook.

Initial investment guestimate could be anywhere between 30-70K
Thats interesting Bocefish thanks for the info!

Those calculations are based on a generic calculation based on potential revenue obtained from pageviews and some standard amount of revenue based on potential advertising revenue. If a blog had that many pageviews and backlinks, they would come up with the same value, even if the blog offered nothing for sale. It's not really appropriate for evaluating a site like MFC, which has no advertising.

How accurate is WebsiteOutlook?
It is not an exact science, but it does give you a very good picture of how many pageview, daily ads revenue a website has. It can be used for numerous purposes especially when doing research. An Advertisers can get an estimate of how many pageview a site has before buying adverts. If you want to buy a website or domain Websiteoutlook can give you a pretty good idea about the number of pageview and website worth the site has before contacting the owner. Websiteoutlook is good for any initial research or just because you're curious.

Sevrin is right. It is not very accurate.

Just out of curiosity... data gathered from 4 different "how much worth" services, MFC value varies from $1.6 Million to $14.9 Million. No way these numbers reflect the reality.

MyCamgirl said:
Sevrin is right. It is not very accurate.

Just out of curiosity... data gathered from 4 different "how much worth" services, MFC value varies from $1.6 Million to $14.9 Million. No way these numbers reflect the reality.

Ok - ballpark time.

Considering only income for the moment.
Let's say the top 20 models make 10 million (tokens) a month.
The top 20-120 make the same, and the rest another 10 million.
This is 30 million tokens a month.
Say net income per token after fees and model outgoing is 2 cents.
Or in round numbers, a million dollars a month income.
If a third of that is profit, then 300K/mo is probably not unreasonable, for a total of 4M or so per year income.
It would be not unreasonable to buy MFC on the basis of that income for around 20 million.

I suspect this is somewhat low in terms of turnover.
I have no idea how to price the infrastructure.

A quick spot-check.
As of now, there are 800 models on the non-asian site (all round numbers from here on).
The top 20 have 6700 pervs watching them.
The top 250 about another 7000, 250-500 maybe 2000, 500 down, perhaps 1500.

So - a total of 15000 is probably reasonable.
Maybe another 2000 on the asian site.
(these numbers are as of now - it will presumably be lots livlier at other times).
So say 17000 streams average at 500kbps - = 8 gigabits/second, or a gigabyte.
There are 2.6 million seconds in a month, or a transfer of 2.5Pb (2500 terabytes).

lol i think after all you can easily say that he makes a hell lot more then he invested...
but i guess that how all the inet companies work that have succes..

thinking of started a site of your own? or just curious?

TashaTypical said:
lol i think after all you can easily say that he makes a hell lot more then he invested...
but i guess that how all the inet companies work that have succes..

thinking of started a site of your own? or just curious?
Just curious

aaah ok ;) so am i always.. why i asked :lol:

Quite a fair amount, How much is it worth at the moment ? not very much with the current sorry state it is in.

English guy said:
Quite a fair amount, How much is it worth at the moment ? not very much with the current sorry state it is in.

Both members and models have so much both emotionally and financially invested in MFC that it could be down for a week and still be worth a fortune.

I'd be inclined to think that MFC makes a good amount of money on the float between tokens purchased and tokens used. Even if only a few hundred members keep $20 or $30 in tokens unspent in their account, Leo can leverage that cash as an investment or, more likely, garner favorable terms in his banking covenants or against commercial paper.

Also, the valuation of an adult-entertainment company like MFC would be more complicated than a mainstream company. Many, if not most, investment firms would be unwilling to underwrite a transaction involving a pr0n site. Investors would have less access to the market for cash which would make the transactional cost of the deal higher.

galactic6 said:
Also, the valuation of an adult-entertainment company like MFC would be more complicated than a mainstream company. Many, if not most, investment firms would be unwilling to underwrite a transaction involving a pr0n site. Investors would have less access to the market for cash which would make the transactional cost of the deal higher.

MFC will never be another Facebook, in terms of valuation, and will likely never listed on a public exchange, but they would have no problem securing private financing. And I'm talking "True Private" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.