AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much is Twitter helping you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2011
TX
I am curious to know how much do you think Twitter is helping you? Or do you not think it helps you at all? How much time do you devote to it each day? Are you not on Twitter and if so why not?

I happen to spend WAY too much time on Twitter (for those who follow me on there... :shhh: ) joking and chatting with models and members all day. I have met several models just because of Twitter and just wanted your thoughts on the subject!

Helping as in getting more clients or somesuch?

Loslonelyboy, hope you don't mind a reply from a member but I find twitter useful as it lets me know when models with an erratic schedules are about to come on. Also a safer way for models to let regulars know if they won't be able to cam on a day they had previously scheduled/announced. Basically, it's a courtesy service to keep us regulars informed :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Loslonelyboy
LolasLiger said:
Loslonelyboy, hope you don't mind a reply from a member but I find twitter useful as it lets me know when models with an erratic schedules are about to come on. Also a safer way for models to let regulars know if they won't be able to cam on a day they had previously scheduled/announced. Basically, it's a courtesy service to keep us regulars informed :twocents-02cents:

This totally....I also find it to be a very fun way to interact with models outside of the cam sites. Some models I can go on tweeting forever!

It's a great way to connect with the other girls and keep up with MFC dudes who still dig you when you're not on cam with the boobies out. I have over 7k followers and only 2 that I know of signed up as MFC premium members as a result of my tweeting. So, I am not a success at wrangling new dudes, but maybe some of the girls are better.

JickyJuly said:
It's a great way to connect with the other girls and keep up with MFC dudes who still dig you when you're not on cam with the boobies out. I have over 7k followers and only 2 that I know of signed up as MFC premium members as a result of my tweeting. So, I am not a success at wrangling new dudes, but maybe some of the girls are better.

Just for the record....I enjoy your tweets a lot! :)

I like reading tweets from models I like, and being able to DM when you want to ask or tell them something is priceless. Plus reading them at work can help make time pass.

Twitter is incredibly helpful to me! It's how I sell almost all of my videos on clips4sale, it's pretty much the only way my blog gets hits, it's how I advertise when I can/can't cam, I get lots of sign ups for new members on camwhores from twitter, it's how I've gotten people to sign up for my clips4sale membership site and it's how I interact with other girls/members. :) I like using twitter because it gives me a way to chatter and occasionally post sexy stuff.

blackxrose said:
Twitter is incredibly helpful to me! It's how I sell almost all of my videos on clips4sale, it's pretty much the only way my blog gets hits, it's how I advertise when I can/can't cam, I get lots of sign ups for new members on camwhores from twitter, it's how I've gotten people to sign up for my clips4sale membership site and it's how I interact with other girls/members. :) I like using twitter because it gives me a way to chatter and occasionally post sexy stuff.

Same for me with C4S. When I looked back at my stats from last month almost half my hits were from people that followed me on twitter which is great considering that I've got less than 500 followers.

I LOVE twitter. I have taken a long hiatus from mfc but have continued to have custom request after custom request from people who found me via twitter. I have a little under 9,500 so maybe thats why, but it has been a steady source of income for me for even months after leaving mfc.

As for when I was active on mfc, it is a great tool for communicating with regulars and letting people know your schedule and plans.

Ive also had quite a few MGF regulars come from twitter.

I think its different for every girl though :)

Twitter has been beneficial for me, since it allows me to alert people when I'm on cam. It's also good for reminding followers about raffles/contests/offline tip offers.

JickyJuly said:

Your tweets crack me up.

Reactions: JickyJuly
I LOVE Twitter! I tweet A LOT, not just about camming stuff but a lot about college football especially since the season is about to start and basically whatever peaks my interest at the moment. A lot of my Twitter followers have become regular spenders and its nice to have a "relationship" and be able to talk about things other than pussy lol.

I wonder sometimes about this too. I actually think it hurts me, and Im sure others, sometimes. Girls will see who I am tweeting, follow them all, and start chatting them up. It usually doesn't bother me, Ill even try to be friendly. I have confidence in my guys. But I'm realizing that so many guys are just excited to have someone to talk to ALL the time, and I end up falling on the backburner. Its frustrating. I simply dont have the time for all that, plus i dont go around just pming everyone in sight- it wears you out. I feel like my twitter is basically a hit list for other models.

AmazingAshlee said:
I wonder sometimes about this too. I actually think it hurts me, and Im sure others, sometimes. Girls will see who I am tweeting, follow them all, and start chatting them up. It usually doesn't bother me, Ill even try to be friendly. I have confidence in my guys. But I'm realizing that so many guys are just excited to have someone to talk to ALL the time, and I end up falling on the backburner. Its frustrating. I simply dont have the time for all that, plus i dont go around just pming everyone in sight- it wears you out. I feel like my twitter is basically a hit list for other models.

I always enjoy chatting with you and I love when you post pics! :)

I love that stuff too! chatting, taking sexy pics... but its really discouraging when i do and it bites me in the ass! i have never seen a financial gain by tweeting more, ever. i do love being able to talk to my regulars... but it also removes the need for them to actually visit me when im on cam lol :p

AmazingAshlee said:
I love that stuff too! chatting, taking sexy pics... but its really discouraging when i do and it bites me in the ass! i have never seen a financial gain by tweeting more, ever. i do love being able to talk to my regulars... but it also removes the need for them to actually visit me when im on cam lol :p

You make a very good point!

For the record, that isn't why I don't visit anymore. I miss all of my lovely MFC ladies and hope to be on more, very soon!

Reactions: AmazingAshlee
Crazydidi said:
oh my god im on it every day, well I have time for it so..
my highest tipper found me on twitter :) so yes I think it does help a lot!

May I ask how your highest tipper found you? I am curious if it was one of these "camgirl promoting" sites or not. I follow quite a few of those and I know they introduce me to a lot of lovely ladies but I was curious if you or any other model here thinks they work for them.

I keep my twitter account locked, so I really only use it to stay in touch with people I already know from MFC (vs. bringing my twitter followers to MFC). I get sucked into the twitter vortex of pretty girls pictures so easily! Mostly though, I like getting to know more about models lives/pets/hobbies outside MFC from their tweets :)

for me twitter is a helpful tool for overall exposure, i don't know that it brings me any new clients on its own but it certainly gets my name out there.

It's an extremely helpful tool for member 'retention'.
It keeps me in my regulars minds when I'm not on cam. It gives them an alternative way to communicate with me and get to know me better and visa versa. It is a great communication tool for things like show times and advertising/hype for big shows.

And its an EXCELLENT tool for networking with models.

I also find it helpful when selling videos on other sites like clips4sale.com
I notice sales as soon as I tweet about a video on those sites almost always.

Miss_Lollipop said:
for me twitter is a helpful tool for overall exposure, i don't know that it brings me any new clients on its own but it certainly gets my name out there.

It's an extremely helpful tool for member 'retention'.
It keeps me in my regulars minds when I'm not on cam. It gives them an alternative way to communicate with me and get to know me better and visa versa. It is a great communication tool for things like show times and advertising/hype for big shows.

And its an EXCELLENT tool for networking with models.

I also find it helpful when selling videos on other sites like clips4sale.com
I notice sales as soon as I tweet about a video on those sites almost always.

When a model interacts with me on there, it makes me want to see her even more... So the whole keeping you lovely ladies on our minds thing, is SOOO true! (at least for me) I am an attention whore though, so maybe I am different from other members.

I had a lot of followers before I started MFC, and I've made a good amount of money in BAF tokens because of that. When I post I'm online on twitter I get guys saying they saw my tweet and that's why they're in my room. It definitely helps me a lot. I try to tweet at least one pic and status a day.

These days I think twitter is one of my most valuable tools.. I have 10,000 followers these days and I constantly have people coming in my room saying they loved my tweets and thats why they came to my room. I tweet a lot, maybe too much. But it helps my regulars feel like they are connected to me and they enjoy catching up with everyone else by reading back on my tweets if they feel they missed something - and I don't have to rehash things over and over.

If you don't tweet the right things, I am not sure twitter will help you.

LacieLaPlante said:
These days I think twitter is one of my most valuable tools.. I have 10,000 followers these days and I constantly have people coming in my room saying they loved my tweets and thats why they came to my room. I tweet a lot, maybe too much. But it helps my regulars feel like they are connected to me and they enjoy catching up with everyone else by reading back on my tweets if they feel they missed something - and I don't have to rehash things over and over.

If you don't tweet the right things, I am not sure twitter will help you.

I am not trying to get all deep and philosophical or anything, but what exactly do you mean about tweeting the "right" things? Just curious! :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.