AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to encourage big tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeliciaClover

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 31, 2012
As models, what have you found to be the best way to encourage big tips? Or high tips? I'm not talking about the massive thousand dollar tips, but more like even a tip around 500-2000 toks.

As a member, what makes you want to tip a girl more than the average "joe" or current countdown?

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I have several guys who see me almost every night, but most of them only drop a few small tips. Don't get me wrong I appreciate every single tip and those 10-50 token tips do add up. But when I try to get guys to even just do the slight budge from 50 toks a flash to 75 or something like that I am met with silence in the chat, an unmet goal and an empty room.

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Those "Highest single tip gets ____" (Skype show or something else) room topics seem to work for some models.

I've seen models with "Highest tip is EatADick with 1,000 tokens" in their room topic, and they weren't offering a prize in the topic, but guys were giving big tips anyway because they liked to be competitive.

Sometimes having a countdown, such as "500 tokens until topless", might get someone to surprise you with a 500-token tip, which will get you topless right away.

But I think the most important thing is to be yourself and be one of those models who's just so cool that guys will want to reward you generously.

Ack, I made a huge post about why I tip large amounts to my favourite model. Rest assured, I have tipped some very significant amounts. I tip large amounts because I like the model, and never for the topic. The topic only ever gets the "fun" tips (10-20 tokens) which I tip voluntarily to increase the amount of interaction/fun in the room. They do contribute to the topic, but that is not the reason why I tip them. If I am aroused, I go for group instead :)

How you treat your regulars is key, and from what you say, I assume these guys are your "regulars". You don't clarify that, but it sounds like that is what they are. Therefore, I base this entirely upon that assumption. If they aren't your regulars, then maybe ignore the post :D

Based on what you've said so far, I'd suggest that your "regulars" are wise to button down when you're asking for more (or even any) tokens. That reaction should be a warning to you regarding how you are treating them. If you treat them like cash boxes, they'll probably treat you like a whore. Sorry for the language.

Try being open and friendly. Get to know them - but please, for the love of god, don't bother trying to get to know them simply because you want more tokens/bigger tips. Be respectful to your members, and they'll be respectful to you. You may then really enjoy working on MFC, have a really good time, and even earn more. At that point, your regulars may do exactly what you hope. Better yet, they may go well beyond it.

It is all down to how you treat the guys. If you just want more tokens and fuck the guys and their wallets, then just work on being alluring/sexy, and maybe guys will tip to see more or for it to continue.

p.s. Don't get too offended if this seems wayyyy out from what your experience is - it is limited from what you've said. Basically, your post has read like
I want more money. I have some regulars who come and tip me - and I respond to them by saying "Come on, tip me more than that - I want bigger tips!"
Based on that, I've been very restrained with my response :p

There's no real secret to it... It's all about how you relate with the member. I've never dropped more than 100's on a girl that I haven't known and chatted with for quite awhile. The largest I have dropped aren't toward topics or some silly hi tipper "reward"... most of the time, its to add clothes or piss off the freeloaders. I love doing that.... :mrgreen: :lol: :laughing-rofl:

FeliciaClover said:
As models, what have you found to be the best way to encourage big tips? Or high tips? I'm not talking about the massive thousand dollar tips, but more like even a tip around 500-2000 toks.

pffffffffff.. sorry if this could sound rude but the question sounds almost like if a member would ask "what is the best way to beg for a free flash of a pussy?"
nothing personal, absolutely.. it is just my point of view..

Be yourself!

It's your personality that will earn you the big tips, not your sexiness (though it helps!). Talk to your members, laugh, smile, interact, open up, make jokes! Be a real person, because only real people form personal connections - and only personal connections give high tips.

Also, seriously, don't go asking for tokens! It's ok to casually remind your room about tokens if it's been slow for a while, and even to talk to a very loyal regular whom you've got a personal connection with about how it's not going well today - but you can never, ever act anything other than grateful for a tip (unless ofc it's something like 3 tokens and it comes with a 500 token-request. And even then you just say that what they tipped isn't enough for that request, but that they can ask for something else if they want.)

Basically, there's no real way for you to "get your regulars to give higher tips", other than perhaps offering a reward for the highest tip. But usually, they just show up when they do. My biggest all time tip was given by a member who left right after, he just wanted to show appreciation and make me happy. I've had members send me offline tips with notes like "I am giving you my last tokens, it is best. Take care of them :p", just because that member just happened to think of me at that moment.

All in all - be yourself, be happy, share yourself with you members, and don't expect huge tips.

I should also add that while I get the happiness of a big tip - there's really no other advantage of big tips VS. many small ones.

Reactions: Poker_Babe
I don't think her post read as 'money grubbing.' This is her job. It's natural to try to figure out how to earn more. She said she appreciated all tips (which is key!!!)

It just sounds like she is confused at how some girls get bigger tippers and she currently doesn't have any.

Perhaps my response will come off a little clinical/cold .. catagorizing and making generalizations. Every guy is different.. but you are marketing.. 'yourself' so you do need to understand your audience and what motivates them.

Some guys will never be 'big tippers'. They don't have the funds or the inclination for whatever reason. That's ok.

In my experience you'll get big tippers who are dropping a large tip for something percieved as a 'deal' or a show they want to see. Ie. I put up a deal on videos - 900 tks = 20 vids. That's a good deal, so someone breaks out the CC and buys a 900tk package. Or perhaps I'm near the end of a countdown which has a timelimit on it. The room is excited but we need another 1000tks and I only have 5 minutes.

Then you have the big tippers who love to SPOIL. They do it because they sincerely like you as a person and want you to know that they think you are special. These guys.. surprise me. The dude who I never thought would tip more than a few hundred will come in one day and drop a HUGE tip. Or they're brand new to the room, drop a buttload of tokens and never come back. Make a sincere effort to be nice and get to know people (without giving away your time and personal attention for free) and they'll come. Eventually.

I try and provide things at all pricepoints. Having reward systems for your high rollers with a mirror or a wall or a board or - in my case I have a list on my profile of 'high rollers' will often help. Guys that tip big are often (but not always) competitive... usually (hopefully) in a friendly manner.

When I was starting out I'd play games that had "highest tipper gets x" in my topic. I'd use things like a custom photo gallery, custom video, 20 mins of skype time, all my videos, a pair of my panties.. controls my cum, picks the show.. gets their name screamed when i cum... all kinds of different things.

I also will screenshot anything large (so if your highest tip is 100tks and someone beats it one day tell them. Tell them sincerely its your highest tip and that you love it and screenshot it and put it in a gallery so they can see that you're blown away by it)

Be sincere, don't beg for big tips. Eseentially all these types of 'high rollers' have the same thing in common. You gotta make it WORTH it for them.
For one guy 'worth it' might mean a great deal on video package, panties or a skype show.. for the other guy 'worth it' might mean getting to know you and seeing you smile or blowing you off your feet, and for another (maybe both these guys) seeing his name in lights makes him feel 'proud' to be your big tipper.

There are exceptions.. but this is my experience. The little tippers are always and will always be your 'backbone' ..the foundation you can count on to get you through and those tips add up. The big tips should be bonuses.

I also did not find her post to be begging or whining in any way, this is a valid question, especially when you might have a lower highest tip.

I kinda joke with "High TIp Incentive for the night is..." I do give them a reason to want to tip higher. They win prizes, my biggest tips for prizes seem to be from "highest tip get 50 extra raffle tickets" or something like that. Tips for custom videos or skypes go bigger but don't seem to go as high as those extra raffle tickets (in my experience)

Some of my biggest tips, my biggest tipping frenzy came from a game I played with a small prize. I made 40,000 tokens out of this one and a half week game, and that's JUST tips for the game. They simply had to choose a team and dedicate their tips to the team. Whoever had the most tokens at the end of the game won the prize. They fought hard for their teams.

When you have a lot of regulars, doing high tip contests for silly things also works well: name the pussy, name the boobs, change username for a night. They will fight for their name! I got two of my biggest tips ever and one of my highest token nights to change my username for 3 days to Cuntosaurus.

My two highest tips ever were random and unexpected, absolutely nothing I could have done to encourage those.

SoTxBob said:
piss off the freeloaders. I love doing that.... :mrgreen: :lol: :laughing-rofl:

I love doing that, but I try to do it in moderation so I do not scare new tippers away from models I like.

LacieLaPlante said:
I also did not find her post to be begging or whining in any way, this is a valid question, especially when you might have a lower highest tip.

I kinda joke with "High TIp Incentive for the night is..." I do give them a reason to want to tip higher. They win prizes, my biggest tips for prizes seem to be from "highest tip get 50 extra raffle tickets" or something like that. Tips for custom videos or skypes go bigger but don't seem to go as high as those extra raffle tickets (in my experience)

Some of my biggest tips, my biggest tipping frenzy came from a game I played with a small prize. I made 40,000 tokens out of this one and a half week game, and that's JUST tips for the game. They simply had to choose a team and dedicate their tips to the team. Whoever had the most tokens at the end of the game won the prize. They fought hard for their teams.

When you have a lot of regulars, doing high tip contests for silly things also works well: name the pussy, name the boobs, change username for a night. They will fight for their name! I got two of my biggest tips ever and one of my highest token nights to change my username for 3 days to Cuntosaurus.

My two highest tips ever were random and unexpected, absolutely nothing I could have done to encourage those.
I've been thinking about contributing to a "Free Ezio!" fund :angry4:

Jupiter551 said:
I've been thinking about contributing to a "Free Ezio!" fund :angry4:

Ezio is not the one being held captive.

Attachments

• 1instagr.am.jpg
    1instagr.am.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 555
  • 2instagr.am.jpg
    2instagr.am.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 3instagr.am.jpg
    3instagr.am.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 4instagr.am.jpg
    4instagr.am.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 5instagr.am.jpg
    5instagr.am.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 6instagr.am.jpg
    6instagr.am.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 554
I agree with many of the models here. It is important to establish good friendships. I also have noticed guys like the competition. One time I had a topic highest tipper gets to choose a b or c and i saw one dude who had zero tokens all the sudden tip 200. I said omg you gave me all your tokens and he replied I wanted to be the high tipper (not a regular). I think so many people think we cam models just sit around and look cute but its those of us who are creative and make things interesting who do really well which isn't always easy.

LacieLaPlante said:

Those are some fantastic ideas! I hope you think copying is the highest form of flattery because I think I might try a few of your ideas.

I do really appreciate everyone that has given me ideas. Sometimes, it's really hard for me as a new model to constantly be creative and know what to do. That's the number one reason I love this forum. And I love everyone on it who posts and responds. I feel like I am making leaps and bounds towards being a better model.

As for the few people who thought I might be just in this for money, money, money: Yes, this is my full time job and I need to make money, but I try very hard to treat my regulars well and everyone fairly. I ALWAYS thank EVERY single person who tips. I never want anyone in my room to feel like an atm. But thank you for reminding me of how important it is to treat regulars well.

Thanks everyone and if you have any more ideas I am all ears.

This is the thing about these forums, Its an amazing window into whats going on on MFC from both sides, Take all ideas and run with them, In my opinion, any model on ACF is a friend of mine, and any Premium I'd be happy to shoot the breeze with, Its like MFC/Othercamsite training site in here!

I hope you do well out of these ideas!

There's not really any specific thing that makes me want to give my favorite model a big tip. The motivations to do that are really just the same reasons I'm in her room at all(and why I've been a regular for almost 2 years.) I love her personality and consider her a friend, so I help her with what I can when I can.

My biggest tips have come on special occasions though, like her birthday or Valentine's Day. Other than that, I haven't really dropped a big tip for anything in particular other than "just because."

Raffles and games and stuff are a good idea though. I've seen a lot of big tips for that kind of thing. The model I visit recently raffled off a tablet PC and... let's just say it WAY more than paid for itself. I'd imagine you'd need a pretty big base of reliable tippers to be able to make sure you didn't get burned on something that big though.

Some of it might boil down to just luck and available funds. I know there are plenty of guys who would be tipping a lot more(hell, I would) if they had the money to do it. It also takes time. I didn't have a desire to drop a big tip the first day I came in this model's room. I've been there a long time and have a good, friendly relationship with her, so a lot of the desire to tip comes from that well-established relationship.

LacieLaPlante said:
Take and flourish :D I don't think any of these things were my idea first. There are no new ideas on MFC, I don't think.

@Jup and Shaun - you know Ezio is a camera whore and that's how the whole "Free Ezio" debacle began hehe. He just can't stay away from the camera!
ZJNZN.jpg

LHUcr.jpg

FeliciaClover said:
As a member, what makes you want to tip a girl more than the average "joe" or current countdown?

Because I like her.

Yep, that was a huge help. No thanks necessary.

But seriously, for me, that's really all there is to it. And it's not something that happens after one or two times in a room, it takes time. I'll drop the small tips in a room I'm in for the first few times, but the big ones, yeah not gonna happen at first.

I speak only for myself, and I cannot even explain very well what makes me want to tip more. Other than I like her. I cannot specify what that my be, different for different models. Different for different room vibes.

To sum up, there is no magic formula. I could write more, but it would just be a rambling diatribe of non-pertinent, useless information for you.

Carry on.

When I'm in perv mode what makes me want to drop a larger than normal tip on a model (100-150, so I'm not really a high roller or anything... I don't get a ton of spending money laying around, so my perv budget is pretty limited. If I didn't spend all my fortunes on hookers and blow... :lol: ) is if I like her, like her style, like what she's doing, or if she's a friend... etc.

But the biggest reason I want to surprise or cheer her up or whatever. The "SURPRISE!!" factor is big for me. :dance:

As a model, I've never really been successful with raffles, countdowns OR tip wars, so I really can't help you there. But I can back up what most of the guys have said. The bigger the tip, the more likely it is that you're getting it for little-to-no reason besides the fact that whoever it is just wants to drop a big tip on a lady he/she likes. :-D

Reactions: WickedTouch
FeliciaClover said:

Well, I'm pretty sure I've only ever given two models large tips (over 500 tokens). The two of them don't have much in common aside from being very friendly, so I think being friendly is probably the main reason.

• I tipped AmberCutie 999 for VIP. Why? Well, (a) it seemed like a good value (and it is), and (b) Amber's extremely friendly and makes a huge effort to make her fans feel welcome. I wouldn't pay that much for even 10 times the content if a model weren't as good-natured and sociable as Amber is. (I'm constantly amazed by Amber's ability to recognize and remember me in her huge crowd, even though I'm not one of her regulars.) I must say the endorphin rush from a big tip is pretty amazing. I wasn't expecting it when I tipped for ACF VIP access (as this was my first big tip), but I was on a major endorphin high for the next 10 minutes.
  • I've given Always_Kara several big tips, including one 1724 token tip last month. The tips I've given her weren't for anything specific, the way the VIP tip for AmberCutie was. Instead, I tend to tip her just to thank her for being so nice and to help her out when she's needed it (e.g., 1400 once to cover day care for her kid so she could work that day). To a certain extent I suppose some of the big tips have been to establish my place among her regulars. (Like most models, she has a rather loyal group of regulars who supply a large proportion of her tips.) The 1724 token tip was partially for that reason, but mostly just meant as a surprise to lift her spirits some. The funny part was that I did it as an anonymous tip (assuming she'd figure it out, as my MFC username was tim1724 back then) but she didn't make the connection. Her husband apparently found it rather amusing when he pointed it out to her later that evening.

So when it comes to advice for getting the big tips, I'd say the most important thing is to be very welcoming to everyone in your room (aside from the total asshats, of course) and try to cultivate stronger relationships with your regulars. Once you can get a few regulars who regularly tip large amounts, other guys who want to be part of that crowd will want to tip well also, just to show that they're worthy of the same level of attention.

One big difference between the models I visit regularly and random models I don't plan to visit repeatedly: with my favorite models, I don't often tip in order to get them to do something. When visiting some random room on MFC just because a model looks attractive in her preview pic, I might tip 50 for a flash or contribute a hundred tokens to a countdown to a cumshow because I want to see more. With a model I visit regularly, I don't do that; I already know what she looks like naked and even watching her reach orgasm isn't a huge thrill after the first few times. If I'm visiting one of my regular rooms, it's because I think the model is an interesting person and I want to talk to her. The tips are because I appreciate her spending time with me and because I want to help out a friend. Sure, I might watch a group show with her occasionally, but I'm not going to tip her 500 tokens to use a toy or something like that.

Chamaeleon said:
I can't believe no one has shared the real secret to big tips... Shoe on head. Works every time. :whistle:
post-38731-1253035816.jpg

There should be a thread for shoe on head sightings!

Do people still do shoe on head?

As long as I'm a camgirl, at least ONE person will be!

tim1724 said:

Kara is a total sweetheart and a very, very special girl.

I don't spend much time in her room for a variety of reasons I won't bore the rest of the forum with, which have nothing at all to do with her, and more to do with something else kinda unrelated.

I'm glad you are one of her regulars, and what you said speaks volumes about the kind of person she is. Everyone who gets to know her is very lucky, indeed. :eek:ccasion5:

Reactions: Always_Tim
Evvie said:
Do people still do shoe on head?
Back in 2009 I got OVER NINE THOUSAND tokens for a shoe on head. :lol:

Dunno if I could pull that off these days, tho.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.