AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hysteria.live - Chargeback

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Apr 4, 2023
Hi all,

As we are getting closer to launch, we are finalizing our revenue sharing plan and wanted to have your feedback on what makes the most sense for you as creators.

We know that OF is currently charging 20% of revenue, but does not provide protection from chargebacks, which we have heard from many creators can be a source of stress and uncertainty.

We'd like to provide more peace of mind on our platform. From some of the revenue models we are considering, we think we can offer chargeback protection with a 40% revenue charge.

We want to hear your thoughts as we develop our offering to best serve the creator's needs:
- Is chargeback protection important to you?
- Would you prefer the higher platform charge with chargeback protection?
- Is 40% too much? Do you have a maximum platform cost you are willing to accept for chargeback protection?

For those who don't know us, we introduced ourselves in this post: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...-test-new-online-platform.47338/#post-1189252

We collected some amazing feedback from members of the AmberCutie community and are constantly working on implementing the feedback we get to offer the best user solutions for creators.

Thanks!

The Hysteria Team

- Is 40% too much? Do you have a maximum platform cost you are willing to accept for chargeback protection?
Value isnt directly linked to %. In the link you have in the post you never actually explained what the problem you are solving is, and if your not solving an issue with a current platform what is the reason someone would want to use your platform. @Dan Epstein covered this in the previous thread. The % people are happy giving up depends on a lot of things....a lot of things that need to be communicated through marketing. The average chargeback % needs to be under 1% for most payment providers before they terminate your account, even with the extra fees that you need to pay for the chargeback I wouldn't be getting close to 40% of total earnings. Since the question was would you be happy with giving away 40% for chargeback protection the answer would be no. That could change if there was enough value in the platform, but I cant comment on that because you havnt provided the USP of the platform.

Reactions: MarieElise
I've only had one chargeback on OF. So, no I would not give up an extra 20% in revenue.

Chargebacks should never be something a model has to worry about, that's the cost of business for the company hosting the models. Ban the people who request the chargeback and be done with it.

The only way that giving you extra percentage is of value is if you have a corresponding increase in traffic.
I can get 85% with chargeback protection and some organic traffic on LiveCamModelShows.

exactly

cb's are unfortunately a cost of doing business. the issue is whether a site passes on the cost to the performers on that platform. granting a lower payout percentage for cb protection IS passing the cost of cb's on to performers, just in a way that positions this reality in a less overt manner

no way I'd ever accept a lower payout percentage for the 'peace of mind' of cb protection. cammers and clip producers don't control the payment gateway scrub, the site does. that's on YOU as the site owner to control and manage

yes, so-called 'friendly fraud' can't be totally eliminated, but again, that's a cost of doing business. with friendly fraud you can always dispute the cb(s) as well, yeah you still dinged the cb fee but at least a chance to get back the cash

I'm confused though....this thread was posted less than a month ago but hysteria.live is a non-SSL website hosting landing page 'powered by free hostia'. and every menu link is a 500 internal server error. nothing in the opening post makes sense in light of that

Reactions: MarieElise
Thank you all. Your answers were extremely helpful.

@JesseQuinn69 we have not launched yet but we are targeting a launch date around the first weekend of May.
if you are interested in knowing more and be alerted, before we launch, about our referral program and preferred commissions for first artists joining our platform, you can register here: https://registration.hysteria.live/

The Hysteria Team

The only way that giving you extra percentage is of value is if you have a corresponding increase in traffic.
I can get 85% with chargeback protection and some organic traffic on LiveCamModelShows.
and jesse fully challenges the chargebacks too. this was years ago but i had someone try to chargeback all the shows he did with me through LCMS. jesse looked his ass up and threatened to report him for fraud to his state's bar association where he was registered. she even warned me that this reg of mine (who has spent thousands on me in the past) was being fraudulent and what she had to do to get him to stop. so i dropped his ass. if she didn't, he probably would have manipulated me to accept another form of payment that he could easily chargeback. seriously best camsite support i have ever experienced. 10/10 if i ever get the urge to do indie skype shows again, LCMS.

@JesseQuinn69 this is you right? if so hey bb! i know that was a little thing you did for me like years ago, but it meant a lot. thank you again. it why i recommend your site to everyone i can.

if you guys want a solid site to accept indie shows; www.livecammodelshows.com. cammodel owned and truly cares about the models registered.

You have zero chargebacks, because right now there are zero customers. We’re wasting our breath on it. Focus on the value proposition for horny paying users, and focus on the value proposition for content creators/models instead. A chargeback scenario is not a unique value proposition, just like panties memorabilia aren’t. It can be an economy of scale at best. Mic 🎤 drop.

and jesse fully challenges the chargebacks too. this was years ago but i had someone try to chargeback all the shows he did with me through LCMS. jesse looked his ass up and threatened to report him for fraud to his state's bar association where he was registered. she even warned me that this reg of mine (who has spent thousands on me in the past) was being fraudulent and what she had to do to get him to stop. so i dropped his ass. if she didn't, he probably would have manipulated me to accept another form of payment that he could easily chargeback. seriously best camsite support i have ever experienced. 10/10 if i ever get the urge to do indie skype shows again, LCMS.

@JesseQuinn69 this is you right? if so hey bb! i know that was a little thing you did for me like years ago, but it meant a lot. thank you again. it why i recommend your site to everyone i can.

if you guys want a solid site to accept indie shows; www.livecammodelshows.com. cammodel owned and truly cares about the models registered.

hey Audri! yeah it's me

just to clarify though,...I sold lcms about 3 years back to a long established industry site owner named Rob, who is the coolest of beans. got a few offers and his wasn't even the highest but I chose him as I knew he'd do right by it

I still list there, but when the site got waaay too big for me to handle I sold and moved on to buy a new biz that is far less stressful but equally rewarding

lcms is still 85% and cb's are still covered. support is stellar. still model-centric. Rob is a gem and I highly rec the site

(and yes I was a monster with guys pulling friendly fraud lol, ended up getting reimbursed for most but for the cb fees)

wicked to see ya here

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo