AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I keep getting offers for commercial shoots - what do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 28, 2014
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/184084/Jade_Foxx/
I have a couple of photographer friends who I don't know super well but well enough to feel pretty comfortable with them. They're nice guys. I took photography classes with them so they've seen me model for other students but now they keep asking me if I'm interested in modeling for their various commercial shoots. I told one that I'm not into that right now but didn't tell him why. Could it cause any sort of issue to do vanilla fashion modeling alongside adult stuff? Either for the photographer or the client? Should I tell them why I'm hesitant? They're nice but I'm trying not to tell everyone at school what I do.

Reactions: LexieBlair
I would probably be concerned mostly from a privacy perspective - maybe if you do it consider coming up with a 'vanilla' modelling name so your real name isn't attached to the photos? (EG: Maybe one of the photos from a shoot gets really popular on Tumblr or somewhere similar where it gets lots of views and attention - great but might mean someone who recognizes you from camming could find your details, where you go to school.)

This could very easily cause issues for you and could potentially be a problem for the people you're working for as well.

I know that personally when I chose to cam, I knew that I would need to tone down my IRL place in the spotlight. I don't do Facebook, I don't share pictures with real life people that I also share with camming people. If I do something exciting, I usually choose to share it with my camming people instead of my IRL friends and family (like when I was on Mythbusters), but I don't share with both.

I agree that if you do choose to do this, you would probably want to choose a stage name for that persona as well. If you do any modeling or commercials as yourself, I would say that you are dramatically increasing the likelihood of you being found out and having those lives connected publicly. That doesn't have to be the end of the world, it really depends on your own desires and comfort zone.

I would say this is a personal call! If you don't mind them being connected, then it might work for you. I think that I would be too concerned about security and keeping those parts of my life separate, but that doesn't mean that you need to make the same choice if it's something that you are comfortable with.

I don't think there'd neceassarily be too much a conflict between vanilla photo shoots and online adult work but it really depends on who is commissioning the photo shoot and where the photos are being used. But like everyone else said, it could be a real privacy issue, especially if you have your real name linked to any commercial work you do. All it would take is one member taking a few seconds to do a reverse image search and they can have your real name and all the personal information that comes with it. :twocents-02cents:

KayleePond said:
I know that personally when I chose to cam, I knew that I would need to tone down my IRL place in the spotlight. I don't do Facebook, I don't share pictures with real life people that I also share with camming people. If I do something exciting, I usually choose to share it with my camming people instead of my IRL friends and family (like when I was on Mythbusters), but I don't share with both.

Wait, you were on Mythbusters? That's so cool. What myth did you help bust?

I wouldn't close the door on the possibility, but you'll need to be careful. Whatever you do, no matter how awesome they are, don't ever use your vanilla pics to promote your camming, should you decide to pursue it. And try to create a different look for each of the two realms, to reduce the chance of being recognized.

mynameisbob84 said:
I don't think there'd neceassarily be too much a conflict between vanilla photo shoots and online adult work but it really depends on who is commissioning the photo shoot and where the photos are being used. But like everyone else said, it could be a real privacy issue, especially if you have your real name linked to any commercial work you do. All it would take is one member taking a few seconds to do a reverse image search and they can have your real name and all the personal information that comes with it. :twocents-02cents:

KayleePond said:

I too would love to know about this mythbusters. Did you see Jamie without a hat!?

katza_ said:
mynameisbob84 said:

KayleePond said:

I too would love to know about this mythbusters. Did you see Jamie without a hat!?
Here... Try to find the lovely Kaylee: https://twitter.com/MythBusters/status/391036087319015424 ;)

Omg accidental Thread Jack, I'm so sorry!!

Thanks MCG for the picture link! I'm within brain gnawing distance from Jamie! ^.^

I also got shot in the face by him MANY times, which was AMAZING! I think I saw him take his hat off for adjustments, Katza! We saw multiple awesome leather pieces (jacket, vest, gun holsters) that he made HIMSELF! They are seriously all SO awesome and nice and their personalities are just like on TV. I shouldn't have been so amazed, but every one of them was fantastic and way better than I could have imagined. Michael Rooker was there too and he was super nice and very funny. The crew was made up almost entirely of young hot guys. O.O

I posted more pictures and stuff here! It's cool to see how the show is flexible and they'll add tests or change things as they see how things are going. Obviously the zombie theme was a bit of fun, but the stuff we tested was SUPER interesting and zombie related but based in reality so that was cool. It was a lot of work but was a GREAT experience, I feel very lucky that I got to be a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.