AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need a good cam site - Streamate is a scam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EasyA said:
Lol at the models trying to get you to come to MFC.
I don't know why you'd LoL at it. Given his situation and the fact that MFC is super straight-forward with how it works, it is completely reasonable to assume we'd recommend he switch to it. Models can't adjust their group or private rates, so there's no guessing there, they're all the same. You can visibly see your tokens count down in front of your eyeballs while you're in a show. You can put some of your tokens in storage so when you enter a show you can limit yourself to exactly how many you want to spend at a time. Easy peasy.

Yea I work on streamate and I totally understand why someone would switch to Mfc as a customer. Streamate support can be shady sometimes imo. If I had the experience op had I would feel very iffy about using the site again.

Streamate isn't a scam site, I have only had one problem where on my earnings it said I had only done a 30 min block when I actually accepted a 60. After letting support know, they corrected my earnings. So glitches do occur on the site and I wouldn't be surprised if a customer accidentally got charged more due to a glitch.

I also think it would be awesome if they had a timer on the screen for privates and exclusives, both for the model and the member. I like to keep track of the time but checking my computer clock every once in a while and doing mental math in my head while I am masturbating is a little bit of a pain haha

I think it's to each their own. My guys all hate MFC because you have to buy tokens. I actually lost a guy trying to get him to come to MFC, he thought the tokens were shady and he didn't want to give them more info to up his limit. I have another guy who hates the style of the website. So just like models have their own preferred sites, so do customers. It's just like how I would rather do my banking at a credit union instead of 7-11, but that is just me.

Emmalie said:
I think it's to each their own. My guys all hate MFC because you have to buy tokens. I actually lost a guy trying to get him to come to MFC, he thought the tokens were shady and he didn't want to give them more info to up his limit. I have another guy who hates the style of the website. So just like models have their own preferred sites, so do customers. It's just like how I would rather do my banking at a credit union instead of 7-11, but that is just me.
Yeah I can see both sides of it.

Something to keep in mind about MFC requiring ID verification before upping limits: this is their alternative to only paying the models 35% to cover chargebacks. I'd rather my members have to prove they are who they say they are to spend large amounts than take a lower percentage to protect me from chargebacks, so thats why I like the way MFC does it.

Emmalie said:
My guys all hate MFC because you have to buy tokens. I actually lost a guy trying to get him to come to MFC, he thought the tokens were shady and he didn't want to give them more info to up his limit.

MFC should add more details to the token purchase limit page... Sending additional ID to them isn't the only way to get the limit raised - if you have a good history without issues, they will slowly start increasing the limits. In my case, I just kept buying the biggest token packages they offered me every few days (because those tokens fly off from my hands way too quickly) and after a while they added more packages.. Repeat for a few weeks/months and slowly you will get to the maximum purchase limit (which AFAIK is 46650 tokens per day).

AmberCutie said:
Emmalie said:
Yeah I can see both sides of it.

Something to keep in mind about MFC requiring ID verification before upping limits: this is their alternative to only paying the models 35% to cover chargebacks. I'd rather my members have to prove they are who they say they are to spend large amounts than take a lower percentage to protect me from chargebacks, so thats why I like the way MFC does it.

There are other benefits on Streamate that make it worth it for me to take a 35% cut. I tried MFC, but I just wasn't able to set a schedule or build up my members. Streamate always has people ready to spend money, and I don't need to sit around for hours or create shows. For me, that is worth it. I'm a mom, college student and painter, so I really don't have the time. Like I said, to each it's own. :)

Haha don't get me wrong I love streamate for its stability and I don't think I will ever really cam regularly on Mfc again. I just know some of the support isn't really helpful. I have had a couple members have to start new accounts because it gets locked when they update certain info. ive had two hardcore regulars quit the site all together because their accounts kept getting locked, and then went to Mfc instead.

Streamate is super awesome for me and I love it. But I do know some customers have issues with customer support and it is off putting for the customer, especially if it happens the first time they use the site .

Nordling said:
Jeff777 said:
AmberCutie said:
ACF threads with the word 'scam' in the subject rarely turn out well. :?

Problems here that led to the troll accusations = inconsistent naming of the "card" that was overcharged. Gift, debit and credit are all different but seemingly used interchangeably in the last few pages. I'm sure you can understand the confusion and thoughts of you being a liar, Jeff. Also the hesitation to admit that mistakes DO happen, that SM customer service HAS been completely shitty to people in the past, and that the girls saying it doesn't happen to their members are very likely right.

Take a deep breath. It'll all be ok. Just avoid SM any further and cut your losses while enjoying your remaining 'fun money' at another site that operates more to your liking.

Thank you for the admin feedback. No deep breath needed here, at all. I am enjoying the entertainment that these other folks are giving me here. Never realized my post would be micro-analyzed like a court transcript LOL!....but some forums are like that, no worries

I'm just not that disciplined to keep track of whether something is a debit card or a gift card. I gave the 7-11 clerk cash and he gave me a card. As of right now, i have no idea what kind of card it is, except to say that it definitely is not my personal credit card.

Cheers! love the content of the forum
Wut?

Now you're back to it being a "gift card?" But elsewhere you talk about "my Visa account" and "debit card." I would strongly suggest that if you're going to make up stories, you at least be consistent with the details. And don't complain when people analyze the details...accusing a company of a scam is serious, and you get no traction at all by constantly shifting the details of your story.

To be fair, this actually can be confusing. Early in my use of MFC when I worried more about this being on my bank statements, etc., I bought a "gift card" named Vanilla Visa for cash, and I could log into a site and check the balance on it. I wouldn't have called that "logging into my bank" but I would totally understand someone calling it their "Visa Account" (it says Visa right on the card, after all). And, in a sense, gift cards are debit cards (I think if you use one at a "real" store, you'd pick the debit option instead of the credit card option), since they immediately deduct from the balance on the card, so I don't think those two terms are mutually exclusive. In fact, while I don't think it's the case here, I have a credit card that can also act as a debit card, and when I buy something at a retailer, I can choose either one, so technically I wouldn't say those terms are mutually exclusive either.

Of course, there are other things that feel troll-y, like the unwillingness to accept that one might have made a mistake or missed a non-default pricing for a particular model. Or like above where you say you're not so disciplined to "keep track of whether something is a debit card or a gift card" but on other hand, you're claiming to be disciplined enough to keep track of time spent and charges per minute. It's self contradicting, which is a pretty good reason to be skeptical. Similarly, you start off saying you've got $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, then in your very next post you say you've got a $4K tax refund to spend. Not only are these odd (and irrelevant) facts to mention in your first posts on ACF (since you're careful enough to protect your privacy by using a gift card), as you yourself would point out, that's a 4x discrepancy. Discrepancies also invite skepticism.

The topic title itself is a bit odd, since it seems to be two potentially different threads; one is a question about alternate cam sites, the other about your perception that SM has scammed you. On the first page of responses, several models point you to alternate sites and a few try to help you figure out what might have happened on SM, but no matter the topic, you keep harping on the fact that SM scammed you. If you feel like that's what really happened, I can kind of understand that, but here we are five pages on and the discussion is mostly all about how you were scammed.

Whether you were intentionally scammed, accidentally overcharged or missed some fine print somewhere, I'm sure it sucks, but at this point, I'd recommend you stop talking (to the forum, not necessarily Streamate or the gift card company) about the scamming aspect of this and focus instead on exploring the alternate sites people have mentioned (btw, MFC is my personal favorite, but Chaturbate also uses a token system so you can't "overspend". It's user interface isn't nearly what MFC's is, but there's also a wider variety of stuff, including couples (which you'll never see on MFC)).

Reactions: NataliaGrey
JessieWolfe said:
Haha don't get me wrong I love streamate for its stability and I don't think I will ever really cam regularly on Mfc again. I just know some of the support isn't really helpful. I have had a couple members have to start new accounts because it gets locked when they update certain info. ive had two hardcore regulars quit the site all together because their accounts kept getting locked, and then went to Mfc instead.

Streamate is super awesome for me and I love it. But I do know some customers have issues with customer support and it is off putting for the customer, especially if it happens the first time they use the site .

Exactly. MFC rocks, best cam site out there, high trust factor. Glad for that recommendation above. But highly addictive, that's how good the girls are there :)

Oh well in that case, stay on Streamate! It's fun, promise! :)

You'd be almost to the climax when you realize you've spent $100+. Just seeing that money multiply the more you stroke, I doubt that would be a turn on. Unless you're into financial domination :)

this made me so hard, knowing my bank is draining rapidly make me cum like crazy :p

Reactions: Lanie Love
Status
Not open for further replies.