AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If they remade FFVII....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadi

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 26, 2013
Would you be as stoked about it as me? I love this game, I can't even begin to describe its awesomeness. I wouldn't want them to change a damn thing other than graphics, maybe add a bit on chocobo breeding and more mini games and side quests, but other than that the game is set as is.

So would you be excited? What would you want to see done differently or not done at all? Do you think that it should be left untouched?

Xoxo
~Nadi

I'd be stoked, I might even beat it this time around. I had a series of memory card malfunctions when I played through it back when it was new, always seemed to wait until I hit the final disc and after the third time it happened to me I gave up.

I enjoyed it, but I rode my gold chocobo all over, summoned the knights of the round, and bought the villa several times already. I do not really want to do the level grinding needed just to see the same story told again with better looking cut scenes. I want new stories and adventures to face.

Reactions: KayleePond
I absolutely adore the Final Fantasy series, definitely my favorite RPG's of all time. I would love it if they remade Final Fantasy VII, but I do agree that I think Final Fantasy VI should be done first. Actually, I think they all should be. Personally, I'm a bit frustrated that they're remastering and re-releasing Final Fantasy X and X-2. I can think of several other Final Fantasy games that deserved a remake (namely, FF7) before X and X-2. Then again, this is my own opinion, as I didn't particularly care for X and X-2 much.

I would be all for it. Maybe more people will buy into my crackpot theory about the party being pure evil. For those curious, the first thing that tipped me off was finding 30 gil in one of the caskets in Nibelheim, and, then there is kinda the fact that the main antagonist's name is Sephiroth, which in Kabbalah is the 10 manifestations of G-d.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I'm torn. It's probably my favourite Final Fantasy game and I love pretty much everything about it. On the one hand, an updated version with pretty graphics and some extras would be nice... but I'd be worried about what else they might change. What if they dumb down the story? What if they do away with the world map? What if they take away the NPCs? What if they change the battle system? What if they change the music??
There's so many things they could do to cock it up. Things like voice actors and faster battle mechanics are pretty much a given, for example. But I don't want voice actors. I just wanna sit and read what the characters are saying, ya know? I like that the old Final Fantasy games required you to read the dialogue. It pulls you into the game and forces you to interact with it (if only on a very basic level) and it feels less like passive entertainment. And I like the slower pace of battles. I like being able to think through my next move. A remake would almost certainly take those two things away from me.
So, I don't know. If they kept the things I love about FF7 intact and simply made it look prettier and threw in a few easter eggs, I'd lap that shit up. If they remade it from scratch and it played like a modern Final Fantasy game, I'd probably give it a miss.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I remember reading a long time ago in an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, that one of the big reasons WHY they haven't touched FF7 is because it is almost cult-classic status. They're so afraid of the way the fans will react that they haven't made the decision to do anything with it just yet. And this sort of makes sense to me. There's the whole, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," saying, and I think it's completely perfect for FF7. I absolutely enjoyed the game, and while I don't consider it my 'favorite' Final Fantasy game, it definitely makes top three for me.

if they do re do it, I hope they add in the way to ressurect Aeris...(I know it was at least a rumor way back when...)

DaddyDominant said:
if they do re do it, I hope they add in the way to ressurect Aeris...(I know it was at least a rumor way back when...)

I think that would be absolutely terrible. Her death adds so much to the plot and characters, and that would entirely ruin it.

Frankly, I'm all for HD revamps of games like this. FFVII's story and mechanics with all the beauty of the recent FF games? Absolutely! After all, as groundbreaking as those games were in the realm of 3D graphics at the time, they were definitely limited by technology at the time, and would clearly not have looked that way if they were able to have looked better. So, now we can make them look phenomenal, and I say do it.

Nintendo redid Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. It was AAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAZING! I felt like a kid again playing it! It had all the magic as it used to, but PRETTIER!!! I would LOOVE LOOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see FF7 in all the glory it deserves-- that being said, I would love to see most earlier FF games redone. :) Why the hell not? They'd make a killing on it anyway.

lilithgrant said:
Nintendo redid Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. It was AAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAZING! I felt like a kid again playing it! It had all the magic as it used to, but PRETTIER!!! I would LOOVE LOOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see FF7 in all the glory it deserves-- that being said, I would love to see most earlier FF games redone. :) Why the hell not? They'd make a killing on it anyway.

I'd be all for a Zelda style remake where literally all they do is upgrade the graphics. I'd just worry about the other things they might change.

They've actually said a remake of 12 is more likely. Plus they still have to do the remakes of KH2 (and related portable games for home consoles like the ones coming with the Kingdom Hearts 1 remake).

I was just on Steam, and I noticed they just released Final Fantasy VII on the 4th of July this year for download. One of the selling points they list for the game is the ability to cheat, with the push of one button.

4V0AORL.jpg

seriously whats the reason for a remake, if they remade that game with the mechanics that it had then it would be old, but if you revitalize the series with new mechanics then you piss off the fans of the series. i say leave it where it is, why does it need to be remade? and the reason that they are putting X and X-2 is because its easier for them to upscale thand to reamake. Id rather see a remake of chrono trigger or ffVI before VII but thats just me.

zammbie said:
seriously whats the reason for a remake, if they remade that game with the mechanics that it had then it would be old, but if you revitalize the series with new mechanics then you piss off the fans of the series. i say leave it where it is, why does it need to be remade? and the reason that they are putting X and X-2 is because its easier for them to upscale thand to reamake. Id rather see a remake of chrono trigger or ffVI before VII but thats just me.

They just 'remade' Chrono Trigger not long ago for DS, and added a dungeon or 2. optional ones, but still. And from what I've read, FFX is actually being redone in full 3d, instead of just upscale the 2d backgrounds/world.

waogo said:
zammbie said:

They just 'remade' Chrono Trigger not long ago for DS, and added a dungeon or 2. optional ones, but still. And from what I've read, FFX is actually being redone in full 3d, instead of just upscale the 2d backgrounds/world.

that wasn't really a remake of chrono trigger whhy didn't they do like they did ff4 and 5 @nd give it new graphics and voice acting, I meant it in that way. Interesting I thought they were just upresing the game and shipping it out all that I really want from a remake of ffx is a much expanded blitz ball league. God I would love that!

Actually recently started replaying it myself. Was the game that got me into the series back then, although it's not my fave.

I really enjoyed 8 (mainly as I rocked the card game in that and an online version against other people back in my teens), and have played every game in the series bar 13 onwards, mainly as I didn't buy the consoles for that generation.

Very much between 8 and 12 for me though. 12 was a big change, and a few of the characters were pretty good. Balthier is probably my fave character from the series.

I first played FFVII back when it was new when I was like 7 or 8! I loved it, and I love games that make me all nostalgic like this one. I always end up replaying games I played as a kid. If they remade it, I would be all over it.

Just recently got it on our PS3 and I have basically been in a cave the past few days playing it nonstop. Within a couple days I am already at the end where I have to fight Sephiroth/Jenova but I don't want it to end :( So I am running around for now and leveling up and doing side quests...I just killed Ultimate Weapon and am moving on to Ruby Weapon which is HARD AS FUCK. I want to max out all my characters

It's weird, just completed it (60 hours total) and I took Ruby out first try. I never ever killed it when I played it years ago, so was surprised!

I wouldn't want them to change much at all, maybe a few new mini games, and of course enhance graphics, but other than that. Just give me a new HD FF7

DahliaDaVille said:
DaddyDominant said:

I think that would be absolutely terrible. Her death adds so much to the plot and characters, and that would entirely ruin it.

I agree. The impact of Aeris/Aerith' (which is it anyway? I've seen it written as both) death would be dramatically dampened if she was to... un-die.

I've been reading up on the whole Aeris (I'mma stick with Aeris as opposed to Aerith, yo) "resurrection" and the whole story is pretty interesting and acually kinda tragic/beautiful in a way. Apparently, the rumoured Aeris resurrection was intended to be a possibility. An alternate ending sequence was even made/in the process of being made for players who went to the effort to resurrect Aeris (in addition to extra ending sequences featuring Yuffie and... Vincent? [the vampire dood... it's been a while since I finished it]). But with the game having already been delayed once, the game developers were told to wrap things up so the game could be released without further delay.

Thankfully/tragically (depending on your viewpoint) the game developers had yet to finish the coding for the optional quests that needed to be completed to resurrect Aeris. It was intended that you'd be able to speak to Aeris' spirit in the church and then go back to Midgar on the second disc and, after speaking to various NPCs/completing various objectives, you'd be able to resurrect her on the final disc and she'd feature in an alternate end sequence that would have been unlocked having resurrected Aeris.

While this didn't make it into the final version of the game, parts of the coding were still intact, and players were able to uncover lines of code that featured dialogue for Aeris on discs two and three, even though she'd died on disc one. This led to the rumours/hope that she could be resurrected. Most famously, the spirit of Aeris that was supposed to be there for Cloud to speak to on disc two, is visible -thanks to a glitch - for a split second when you enter the church on that disc. The ghost of Aeris is therefore fated to linger in that church forever more, with her planned resurrection now nothing more than a rumour, there but for the impositions of a deadline that wasn't pushed back.

Poetic, yo.

"If they remade FFVII..."

I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL MY MONEY! :mrgreen:

mynameisbob84 said:
Aeris/Aerith' (which is it anyway? I've seen it written as both)
Her name is actually Aerith. When they translated over to English, they kinda goofed it up and wrote it as Aeris. In all games since, he name's always been spelled and pronounced Aerith.

If you're a fan of FFVII, and haven't played Crisis Core, I highly recommend it. Even though it's a prequel, it adds so much to the story. The game play is pretty fun too.

Reactions: Alice_Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.