AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm either brave or a fool - Started a Cam Site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty subjective, but are you married to your colour scheme? The brown-red feels very blah and kind of sad to me. I personally would love like a deep, dark purple. That colour always has such a rich feeling to me. Anyone else have any thoughts on colour?

Something else to consider would maybe hire on a few model consultants. It is great that you are crowdsourcing our info here and as you can see many of us are happy to share our critiques. But a dedicated array of girls from different backgrounds for some extra input would be pretty invaluable.

I agree with all of this. I think the colors (brown-red) is such a turn off. Also hiring model consultants would be amazing especially since sites never listen to us anyways to have a site that generally cares is more than anyone of us could ask for.

Putting the purple there might be a bit much. I was more thinking leaving the background grey/white (looks cleaner imo) and making the menu bar, name, accents, deep purple. But I do like that colour a lot more than the brown/red.
Ignoring the red logo, thoughts on this? Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 19.08.06.png

Ignoring the red logo, thoughts on this? View attachment 65790

Much better than the brown/red. But I would still go a touch deeper. But again, this is pretty subjective.

ETA

Will there be bots in the models' rooms to run games, promote stuff, and other such things? As a MFC model, I always wanted those.

Another thing I wish MFC did was when I ban a member, I want everything they said to disappear from my chatroom. Will you have something like that?

Last edited:
Much better than the brown/red. But I would still go a touch deeper. But again, this is pretty subjective.

ETA

Will there be bots in the models' rooms to run games, promote stuff, and other such things? As a MFC model, I always wanted those.

Another thing I wish MFC did was when I ban a member, I want everything they said to disappear from my chatroom. Will you have something like that?
We have an automated Sex Dice game, which is the first such "Bot" as such we have developed. The model sets up the parameters then off it goes. It is much less technical than those like CB/MFC. We intend to design lots more and release them as time goes on, but it will launch with the Sex Dice. I know other sites have endless bots to chose from, but i am thinking best to launch with at least one, then get more on the go.

If a user is banned, everything from that room will disappear and all comments made on your profile.

Reactions: RebelleHart
It's hard to know if it is completely random, i doubt that a site would do it, as they would prefer to put the top earning cams in front of as many people as possible. Do you think it would be a good idea to offer placement packages to the models, so if they wanted to take some control they could? For those that don't chose any packages, they could still be ranked by popularity underneath the placed profiles. What do you think?

In my view you need to focus on first time visitors to your site.
This means that you should try to catch their attention to stay on your site and hopefully become paying customers.
For this reason normally the most commony appealing models should be the first a new customer should see. MFC determines this by camscore for example, camscore is not perfect but likley doing the job for MFC, or do you want to sit each day in front of your screen and decide which models would possiby appeal to most guys visiting ?
Once a guy decides to spent time on your site he will then look around and see the other models, but you need to get him through the door first so to speak.
To discover models further down you could use a random list option or a (model) paid priority placement or something like that. Maybe you could add a "Model of the day" feature as a paid promotion for interested models.

:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Very curious about the placement issue. Pretty ignorant about the whole thing, only know what I've picked up skimming this forum.

Do any sites do completely random placement, or has it been tried?
As far as I'm aware adultwork place girls who have been on the longest. Since so many girls come on and off all the time you can be on the first page or last page. That is unless you have paid for placement.

In my view you need to focus on first time visitors to your site.
This means that you should try to catch their attention to stay on your site and hopefully become paying customers.
For this reason normally the most commony appealing models should be the first a new customer should see. MFC determines this by camscore for example, camscore is not perfect but likley doing the job for MFC, or do you want to sit each day in front of your screen and decide which models would possiby appeal to most guys visiting ?
Once a guy decides to spent time on your site he will then look around and see the other models, but you need to get him through the door first so to speak.
To discover models further down you could use a random list option or a (model) paid priority placement or something like that. Maybe you could add a "Model of the day" feature as a paid promotion for interested models.

Got to disagree with this what is attractive to you is not to someone else. If you charge for placement and models who are popular get ahead of not so popular models who have paid to be on the first page then that defeats the point. You can't charge for a service then partly provide it. Guys are always moaning about finding new and exciting models this is a great way to find different models each day.

Got to disagree with this what is attractive to you is not to someone else. If you charge for placement and models who are popular get ahead of not so popular models who have paid to be on the first page then that defeats the point. You can't charge for a service then partly provide it. Guys are always moaning about finding new and exciting models this is a great way to find different models each day.
I was thinking that perhaps only the top row of models could be paid for, then on the next row could be organic results, so both paid and unpaid are displayed at the same time. What do you think?

I know nothing about running a camsite. But as a model I think is most important for a camsite to make model happy. A happy model will then focus on makings members happy. Then everyone is happy everyone wins.
Some camsites out there have great design but forget about making models happy and jus treat them like cattle.
Also allow some creativity - designing own profile etc, picking colors etc. it is important fir me as a model to be able to express myself and then members can get a sense of my personality!

I know nothing about running a camsite. But as a model I think is most important for a camsite to make model happy. A happy model will then focus on makings members happy. Then everyone is happy everyone wins.
Some camsites out there have great design but forget about making models happy and jus treat them like cattle.
Also allow some creativity - designing own profile etc, picking colors etc. it is important fir me as a model to be able to express myself and then members can get a sense of my personality!
I agree with you, Lunella. I mentioned earlier, i own another business which is only where it is today because i understand that i have to make my customers and staff happy. This is the same, keep the models happy and the punters will love it too. Picking colours for the profile, i like that idea a lot. That is going in my notes to explore tomorrow.

Reactions: Lili_xo
I was thinking that perhaps only the top row of models could be paid for, then on the next row could be organic results, so both paid and unpaid are displayed at the same time. What do you think?
Put it this way the more models paying for placement to make life less stressful for them, is more pennies in your pocket. So why cause major competion for placement when you can allow any number to pay, with the opportunity to bid a bit more for higher placement. If you go with something like that you will have the top models featuring themselves anyway so no need to do anything else. Check out adultwork and if you have any questions or I'm not totally clear lol then message me.

Put it this way the more models paying for placement to make life less stressful for them, is more pennies in your pocket. So why cause major competion for placement when you can allow any number to pay, with the opportunity to bid a bit more for higher placement. If you go with something like that you will have the top models featuring themselves anyway so no need to do anything else. Check out adultwork and if you have any questions or I'm not totally clear lol then message me.
So you are all for allowing as many models to pay for placement as the site can handle?

So you are all for allowing as many models to pay for placement as the site can handle?
You should really go and do some research into all the different things that models want from a cam site in different forums. Placement is always a concern and issue. pretty and popular models get top spots on most sites but sooooo many guys are not actually wanting the typical pretty cute gal. Have a look at aw before you go making descisions. You might decide that way is not best for your site. But in my experience the popular girls will always pay to be on the home page.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Picking Around
You should really go and do some research into all the different things that models want from a cam site in different forums. Placement is always a concern and issue. pretty and popular models get top spots on most sites but sooooo many guys are not actually wanting the typical pretty cute gal. Have a look at aw before you go making descisions. You might decide that way is not best for your site. But in my experience the popular girls will always pay to be on the home page.

The advantage for the site owner is that he gets an additional revenue stream, not only selling tokens to the customers but also selling premium placements to the models.....

Up to the site owner, was just a suggestion to maket he site more unique and stand out from other sites....
I personally would prefer search options by high and weight....

Why would you search by height when you literally can't tell how tall someone is on the Internet? lol

Why would you search by height when you literally can't tell how tall someone is on the Internet? lol

One of my favorites when I take a girl private is to ask her to stand up and do certain positions and for this sometimes I like tall girls who likely have long legs .....

• Wat?!
Reactions: BiancaBaker
You need to become apart of the adult industry community and learn from everyone. It is good to change your site colors. I would say that you should changed your site name as well. Dicking around means to waste time from my cultural viewpoint. In fact, my grandparents used that expression to for laziness and time wasting. Maybe you should have a site name that is more classy and tasteful sounding?With cam names, you want to sound very neutral and inviting. I am sure most cam models will not want to be known as the dicking around cam girls and guys. Also Twinks should apart of your male category. Why do you have cubs and bears but not Twinks? Also, you should add Master category to the male site. Many male cam models are often master. Plus, where are your Latino category on the guy side? Most cam places have a Latino category for their guys.Also, what is the non-nude male category? Plus, let go of the white category. Get rid of the transgender category because you can just use transexual.

Last edited:
Yeah,there are people with a tall fetish :) But that is a very niche thing to advertise on your site. Maybe stick to more mainstream things for your cam site? Unless you are trying to category to certain audience :)

You could have a fetish for really short or really tall people, who am i to judge ;)

> I think the name "dicking around" is an odd/unmemorable camming site name.
I do not think you should use what is primarily a UK slang term for a site who's (I assume) primary audience will be the US.

> Filter by weight
No comment :facepalm:

> The website is owned by a UK company, so the US laws don't apply to this site.
Does this mean the US models do not have any legal means to sue you if that was needed?

> i am financially stable and own another business
This is largely irrelevant to the financial stability of 'dicking around' - all separate legal entities (I assume/hope!)
You have no personal obligation to support 'dicking around' if things go bad.

I do think your excitement may have got the better of you a little (No problem - I see this happen in my shows all the time...:playful:)

I will be interested to see verifiable traffic numbers when they are available.

I love your enthusiasm and I do wish you the best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.