AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm having a contest/promo are you!?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
Hey! Lets get our contests out there so people can see them! :) Here's mine, it's based around twitter :h:
If the contest post on twitter gets
50 RTs
75 favorites
and I get 500 tokens in offline tips by July 31st
I'll reduce my private show price to 6 tokens/min for a whole month!!! :D

Does it seem like a good deal? I was hoping it'd help me get more viewers as well as a bit more "publicity" so to say.

LineahRose said:

Does it seem like a good deal?
Good deal? yeah Bad idea? yeah

Not trying to tell you how to run your business but that is way too good of a deal. I'll buy a few hours pvt time if you choose to do this tho, I can't pass up deals like that.

I only have it set at 12/min right now anyway, and my group shows always stay at 6/min. As long as i'm making at least minimum wage (about $8/hour) i'm happy. :D I'm also doing this to get more viewers and hopefully some more regulars. I have awesome package deals on my bio that are a bit pricey to pay up front but they're a steal if you like shows frequently.

LineahRose said:

Um... That's .30 cents a minute or only 360t/$18 an hour, of which at least 30% goes to taxes, so your take-away from it would be a measly $12.60 for a while HOUR of dildoing yourself. That's definitely underselling yourself, and really not worth it in the long run (or the short run, for that matter.)

You may want to reconsider this promotion and leave your Private prices at at least 60t a min. That's $3 per minute, 3600/$180 take-home per hour, and gives you $126 hourly after taking out taxes. Will you get as many privates? Probably not. But the difference in overall earnings will be drastic, and members will be less likely to lump you into the 'cheap and desparate' category that models who charge less tend to get put into. And your paycheck will be a LOT higher than just trying to maintain min. wage. After all, you're putting your ass and pussy out on the internet for all eternity, that's worth WAY more than $12.60 an hour.

tl;dr: You are worth more than min. wage, leave your prices per minute high. :twocents-02cents:

I do my best with it at 12-18/min. I don't use dildos in private shows, only during group (where I usually have 4-5 paying all at once). I stay online often and regardless of how long it takes I aim for $500 a week. I'm planning on increasing my prices as my viewers increase, if I can't keep up with the amount of privates I get I will raise it. Otherwise i'm fine making the money i'm making at the moment. I'm not greedy and i'm not looking to get rich, just pay the rent and bills is all. xD

Chaturbate is the same way except you pick your prices. The token price and conversion is the same .05 for models and anywhere from 9-11 cents to buy. I only make .30-.60 a min but i'm fine with that.

EDIT: I also don't have a cam score to worry about, so the dollar/hr doesn't hurt me at all.

LineahRose said:
I'm not. I'm waiting until my demand is to high to deal with until I raise my prices.

The downside of this is that if regulars get used to your low prices, raising them could cause them to leave and then you'll be left high and dry, or surrounded by guys who are pissed off at you for suddenly being more expensive. There's also a psychological aspect that things that are discounted/cheap are somehow inferior (this is not only in camming, but in sales in general.) Something from the Dollar Store isn't seen to be as good a quality as something from Macy's for example, even if the object in question is in reality the same quality or better; it's just a matter of perception. So from a member's standpoint, you're 'on sale' constantly, which means that your show in their mind must be worth less than a girl charging more per min. This can lead to fewer people going Private with you, even with your very low prices. This has nothing to do with the quality of your show, just the perception that your pricing gives overall.

Please don't sell yourself so short, it's really not a good idea. I've been at this for a loooong time now (over 1 1/2 years) and your prices are the lowest I have EVER heard of. Most girls won't even consider the possibility of going less than $1 per min, and that's for a good reason.

Just to add, most girls I know on Streamate who went for the lowest price ($0.99 per min) said the guys who bought shows were way more rude, demanding, asking for gross/illegal things, etc than the guys who bought somewhat more expensive shows. Additionally, the cheaper guys weren't coming back as regulars or anything. So overall it didn't help their show.

You are obviously welcome to charge whatever you like, but you could make substantially more money in much less time if you wanted to, and probably get better regulars along the way.

A large majority of my regulars buy my package deals and they're 1k tokens-1.5k tokens a month, or 75/100$ a month for one password show a day as well as other perks. Most guys don't take advantage of all the shows and only watch a couple a week. That is always an option if people don't want to pay more for private shows. I'm really familiar with the whole cheap cost = cheap quality psych thing, but I don't want to get rich, I have no problem working 6-8 hour days 4-5 days a week to make what I need. I will always have to deal with rude viewers, but I just ban/kick them.

Status
Not open for further replies.