AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Income

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan202

Cam Model
Jul 19, 2014
Hi!
I'm very new to this site so forgive me if I haven't posted this correctly at first I'm a newb. I first learned of being a webcam model not long ago and immediately became intrigued. I started an account on MFC and made a decent income. I only went on every once in a while because I was a full-time student and had a roommate. I then was able to go on more often and realized that there is potential for more money! I was so unaware of income as a webcam model. I made 250 in a couple hours almost everytime i went on, which wasn't often. I've decided to become a full-time cam girl and continue with my studies as well (taking less courses as I don't need to take as many now.)
Here is my question (sorry for the rambling): I have seen posts that girls in the top 100 often make 10k a month and i've seen camgirls talk of 50-60k being top 10. Now, say you are in the top 40,50 etc does this mean you make more than 10k? Sorry if this is confusing I am trying to word this. So say #90 makes 10k, would #50 maybe make 15k, 20k, etc? Also, for someone who works say 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week and seems to know what they're doing, would there be the ability to make 25k a month? How likely is this?
Sorry if this is confusing and long and thanks for all answers!

There's no guarantee that if you work loads of hours and loads of days that you'll make that much money. Very, very few girls make that much money. 25k a month is fucking insane and to make that takes a lot more than just logging on and knowing what you're doing.

If you're going into camming hoping to make 300k per year, you're going to be disappointed. I would say making 25k is incredibly unlikely.

However - you can still make GREAT money if you work hard, are fun and creative, look good, have good equipment. It's definitely possible to make a lot of money camming, but as a newbie I'd say no, you aren't going to make 25k per month. (But if you do, you can come back and say "I told you so" and I promise I won't be mad :-D )

Thanks for the honest answer :) I'm not really that new I mean I've been camming for a while but have never been full-time is all. I guess I'm unsure of the potential as a cam-girl with income.

It really varies month to month what it will take to get where. Some months require less tokens to make top 20 (like, the month I made it), you might be able to take a few days off and still make it. But other months are ultra competitive and a true struggle just to make it to the top 100. Your tippers.. you might think that's all consistent, but go look at the No or Go thread.. you'll see how it can be. No one can know what you'll be tipped. There is no telling that your goals will be made every day that you are online.

Thanks for the reply Lacey! That's good information to know. I guess what I am struggling with here mostly is that I want to hype myself up into believing I can make good money on MFC so that I will go full-time but I keep coming down on myself. I'm just not sure how likely it is i'll make good money and what good money even means on MFC.

Meghan202 said:
Thanks for the reply Lacey! That's good information to know. I guess what I am struggling with here mostly is that I want to hype myself up into believing I can make good money on MFC so that I will go full-time but I keep coming down on myself. I'm just not sure how likely it is i'll make good money and what good money even means on MFC.

I think that what it comes down to is that it can be SO different for every model that it feels almost impossible to say. I have heard of models absolutely sky rocketing to the top in no time and I have seen absolutely wonderful models flop completely and struggle, many stay somewhere in the middle.

I think that the truth is that no one can really answer you. No one can assure you of anything. As far as camming goes, you just have to do it, try your hardest, and see what happens! For myself, I tried it while keeping my other job for a while and built up enough in savings so that if I completely failed I could pay bills until I could find another job (I saved 3 months worth of wages). I would suggest that to anyone who is considering camming full-time. I know many girls who cam full-time and LOVE it, I know that I do! The bottom line is, if you like the work and want to cam full-time, build up some savings (if you're leaving a regular job for camming, that is) and just go for it! The only way you'll know is if you try.

Many models I know, myself included, are very happy with camming even though they are not in the top 100, so there are many different things that can mean "success".

There is a lot of info about stuff like this in Models Only, so if you decide to get verified and join you'll find out a lot more! Good luck!

Income and ranking vary wildly. A model can come on and work 2x a week, make a few hundred each day, but never be in the top 250. Others can come on, every day, and barely make $100 a day, if that. Then there are others who can be on most days a week, make a decent chunk and be happy with it (and be in the top 250). I mention top 250 because when members hit the menu option, it shows a rank only if she is in the top 250.

Expecting a high income from camming, even if you've made good money in the past when doing it sporadically, is going to be a big disappointment. Some models do make loads of money, overall, every month. Most don't.

It also depends on where you live. Eastern European or Midwest US models can make less, overall, but still live well, as an example. But if you live in NYC or LA or someplace expensive, you'll find yourself pushing harder to earn more just to get by with camming as a sole source of income.

Reactions: Gen and KayleePond
Meghan202 said:

A much better way to figure this out would be to figure out your hourly average. The more time you have to work this out the more accurate it will be. (Ie. Id trust a 4 year average more than a 3 month one). It won't be perfect because earning potential goes up with consistency and frequency on Mfc. But it will be playing on the safe side..
So take your average earning ...Now Cut it in half. Then take 35% off that for taxes. Add in health insurance and anythingelse u had covered by your job before. Can you live on this? Working fulltime 20-30 hrs a week on cam (off cam stuff counts for the other time.. )

Do you have savings for sick days.. What happens if you get seriously Ill? Are you able to make money during your period?

These are the considerations you should make. Judge your earning potential based on your own history, resources, time and lifestyle. Not on what other girls are able to make.

Also remember you may have a hole in your resume if you do this full time.

As has been said already it ranges greatly from month to month. I've seen #1 spot pull in well over $50,000 and on other months #300 make over $5000. So it's definitely possible to make very decent money. Combine that with the fact that different people's definition of what makes it a 'decent' amount varies a lot as well. To someone living in a house in a big city with 2 car payments the #800 rank may not seem doable. But someone living out in the country with a car paid off and just looking to pay the extra bills might find #2000 to be awesome.

Way too many variables to say in a general statement what would be good for you.

But the 'odds' of getting to the higher ranks are a different matter. Many of the models you'll chat with on this forum have done better than the average because they've done their research. Not only is the information helpful but it demonstrates the will to do better in the first place. But keep in mind there are an amazing amount of women all vying for those top money making ranks. If you consider the top #300 a great place to be and easily doable consider the following post.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16945#p463149

86% of the new models start off losing points, so don't feel down if you just started and have a camscore below 1000
On average a girl takes 15 months to finish on top 100 for the first time
(still need to check this one) New models normally have their first paid session 14 days after getting on cam for the first time
134 girls join MFC every day, but 76% quit in 4 months
In the last 30 days, 24,859 model were online and spent on average 30 hours online. 12,779 spent at least 15 hours online, which I call "true active"
795 "true active" models use twitter and together they tweet 66 times every hour
I keep thinking about two numbers there. Nearly 25 thousand models online in the last 30 days, and 76% quit after four months.

All 300 people ranked there, or higher, had to beat out the rest of the 25,000 to get those spots. And then they have to start over and do it again next month.

It can be good money, but it is tough odds.

Thanks so much for all of the replies, it has helped greatly. I do have savings to live on my own and be fine even if I make nothing from MFC. I have studied mfc quit a bit and learned a lot about it and have some regulars. I know it is hard to answer such a broad question as to if there is potential. I guess because I've seen potential I feel that there will be. I plan to work hard until I get there!
Thanks again I really appreciate ACF there aren't many places for camgirls to go for support!

Meghan202 said:
Thanks for the honest answer :) I'm not really that new I mean I've been camming for a while but have never been full-time is all. I guess I'm unsure of the potential as a cam-girl with income.

When I started out camming in 2003 I worked it full-time from 2003 til 2006 then I went into a bipolar episode break down and things got messed up. but what I do remember from that time I Was making about $3,000 a month based on my expenses at the time and accumulating a huge amount of debt because I had no idea what it mean to be financially responsible and save my money. I had about $30,000 of debt and was making about $40L for the year. so based on those numbers I was broke or still poor.

Now I am older I filed bankruptcy and crawling out from under it . I know now saving is what makes you have money. so now I have to make sure that whatever I put in I put something away in savings. nothing worst then saying you were working in the skin trade and you have nothing to show for it.

Keep in mind there's also other good sites out there to have as backups. Personally, I have a couple sites in my back pocket for when I have slow days. It really helps keep things easier and prevent unmanageable stress from eating me alive.

Passive income sites, like clips4sale, manyvids, extralunchmoney, are all good for helping make up for slow days on cam and keep your monthly income a bit more stable. :twocents-02cents:

90% of my income comes from Clips4sale. There's no way I'd be able to survive without it, but I know that if it suddenly tanked that I have a couple other sites to run to quickly if things start looking bad.

!

I am sorry to hear that Minnie! I definitely hear you, it can be hard to save especially when you're young and don't really understand how important it is. Keep your head up, i'm sure things will get better.

As for the idea of using other sites, that's a really good idea! I was thinking of posting a question on streammate vs. MFC. do you use streammate by chance? Thanks for that idea it's actually really helpful. When I go fulltime I plan to be on mygirlfunds which I use now as well as clips4sale

Status
Not open for further replies.