AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ingress anyone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sienna

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 14, 2013
It's still in beta but SO MUCH FUN ON A PHONE WTF.

Ingress is a sort of scavenger hunt capture the flag game that can only be played with androids or tablets. Any other players? And which faction are you? I'm Enlightened.

Reactions: BlayreSkye
YES! I am obsessed with this game! I've been playing since April. Resistance! I don't have as much time to play as I'd like to, so I'm L6. Progressing slowly but surely. How long have you been playing? Is your area resistance or enlightened heavy?

Enlightened, hit 8 last night! You will love the increase in bursters. Even though the jump from L5 to L6 is great. Resistance outnumbers us 5:1 here... so you all are kicking out butts haha.

Level 4 here in chicago. It is great and were about even.

The GPS kinda stinks downtown, and the buildings can block the true location a bit and make it harder.

@Blayre: Does your faction ever host events? We do that to level up our players. They're fun but they do take some time. Hah, don't come to my town, you will find NOTHING from Enlightened. I tore down my entire campus today. Within a few hours we had 5 RL8s come through and wipe the whole thing out. Cripes!

@mirvine: Oh nice, being in equal numbers makes it really fun. Which faction are you?

Btw, have you both heard about Ingress going on IOS soon? Rumor is iPhone users will be a new faction. :shock:

Sienna said:
@Blayre: Does your faction ever host events? We do that to level up our players. They're fun but they do take some time. Hah, don't come to my town, you will find NOTHING from Enlightened. I tore down my entire campus today. Within a few hours we had 5 RL8s come through and wipe the whole thing out. Cripes!

@mirvine: Oh nice, being in equal numbers makes it really fun. Which faction are you?

Btw, have you both heard about Ingress going on IOS soon? Rumor is iPhone users will be a new faction. :shock:

We've got things going on occasionally. Resistance is so organized here, and Enlightened is not. It's actually a shame because so many of the Enl L8s retire, and the small ones are left mentorless. I don't know what I would have done without the advice I got in my first few days.

I didn't hear about that! A new secret faction, well that changes things! Huh, I'm not sure I believe this third faction business. Didn't they dispel third faction rumors a way long time ago?

I guess we'll see!

I dunno, I just talked to more members abou 3rd faction. No one knows what to think of it. IOS will be a game changer though.

Funny, the other day I compared L8 on Ingress is really similar to a plateauing cam score haha.

So I just installed this, and went through the training missions, but still feel like a nitwit.

Most of the portals in my area are the same faction as myself (enlightened). I did find an enemy one nearby but I don't really know what to do.

I fired some stuff and it attacked me back.
I dunno, I'm kinda clueless.

Reactions: IvyR
It takes a while to get into. At L1 you can't do much damage, so hack as much as possible to up your gear and AP.

Also, if you're in an Enlightened heavy area, try to link portals and create control fields. Just make sure you're hacking so you're getting the keys to other portals.

You can also put something in COMM. A lot of factions have meetups to help level up new players. It's also fun to hang out at a bar, throw some multi hacks and heat sinks on a portal and enjoy a drink with new friends.

Sienna said:
It takes a while to get into. At L1 you can't do much damage, so hack as much as possible to up your gear and AP.

Also, if you're in an Enlightened heavy area, try to link portals and create control fields. Just make sure you're hacking so you're getting the keys to other portals.

You can also put something in COMM. A lot of factions have meetups to help level up new players. It's also fun to hang out at a bar, throw some multi hacks and heat sinks on a portal and enjoy a drink with new friends.

I'd like to add a fewwww things.
1) Hack as many ENEMY portals as possible. You get 100AP per enemy portal hack, and 0AP for friendly.
2) Think before you link. PLEASE. Links can't cross other links. Don't cheat yourself & others out of links/fields/AP. Get the IITC plugin for ingress.com/intel.
3) Key drop rate is weird, and if you have a key, it is unlikely that it will drop a second key.
4) Find people around you. YESYESYES. They can help so much.
5) Do some research. You can start here: http://ingressfieldguide.com/

Reactions: Sienna
Captured my first and 2nd portal tonight, directly across the street from where I work.

I've been hacking the portals nightly and also attacking them, but at my low level not really doing any damage.

Someone else must have burned them down today because when I went across the street they were open for the taking.

I am barely level 2 so the portals are low level and will probably be back in enemy hands tomorrow, but it was fun taking them anyway.

Attachments

• babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Sienna
Yay! Congrats! :clap: I think we all have a favorite portal that we like to claim as "ours". Good luck holding onto it!

I actually saw something interesting the other day, it was this map of burster effectiveness per level. Anything below a five works best if you stand on the actual resonator as to portal. After six you are more effective when you stand on the portal.

Keep linking, control fields are the key to leveling up quickly! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.