AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Inspired by some recent events

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
There is a lot of guilting and eye-rolling out there when cam girls verbalize their dissatisfaction when they aren't meeting their income goals. But reading about a fellow cam girl being stalked and harassed today serves as a good reminder of why I think being a cam girl deserves generous compensation and respect.

Sure, stalking is not limited just to girls working in the sex industry. However, the fact that part of our job is to sell fantasy and digital intimacy makes the likelihood much higher. The Internet makes it easy for mentally ill folks to access us and create their own delusions about relationships that sane people would realize are fantasy and "just for fun".

The reality of this along with many other sacrifices and risks we take on when we begin this line of work justify wanting to be compensated more so than many other "vanilla" jobs. Seeing people who frequent cam sites either as a customer or freeloading viewer turn around and berate a girl for desiring a good income from it is hypocritically ridiculous.

There is a huge demand and market for what we do because it IS so taboo and "dangerous". Not every girl is willing to make the sacrifices required to do it. So please, support the girls that you enjoy however you can, understand they have goals in mind to justify the risks they take to entertain you... or at the very least refrain from making judgments and nasty comments if you disapprove of their aspirations.

And stop calling camgirls paranoid. You have no idea how scary people can be...

I really enjoy and support the Women that I watch. They are fun to have a good time with and I like to just leave it at that when I sign off. I get the income goals and I believe that you have a LOT to deal with in your job. I believe adequate compensation is required and even expected in this type of field more so than others. I will not pretend to know all of what you go through in order to do your job, I really do not know the in's and out's, If I enjoy someone and watch them then I support them maybe some disagree with my point of view maybe they do not but to me you have to support the people you watch otherwise how are they going to continue? On another note I realize that it can get hard to make income goals sometimes and that makes me sad. It probably gets hard coming up with new idea's etc to make an income goal. I know (and this is just me personally) I sometimes in the past in my early 20's sometimes making my income goals at my regular job, not all the time but sometimes and it was frustrating. I loved my job though and it was fun for me, so I decided to pick up and extra job to meet that income loss when I needed it, so I could continue to do my current job that I loved so much. It isn't something I wanted to do or even liked to do, however, it is something I found (for myself and life sometimes) that is just necessary when you just cannot make that income goal that you want or need at the end of the month or pay period for a month or even three months straight. However, in the end it was worth it to me picking up that second job because I loved my first job so much! Support is definitely a must especially for the people you enjoy to watch!:)

I think being a cam girl deserves generous compensation and respect.
I get what you're saying overall I think but this line cracked me up. I don't think being a camgirl makes one deserving of respect. Certainly doesn't make one worthy of disrespect or negative judgement but most people aren't going to look at camgirls and see a job worthy of lots of respect. Fireman, doctors, nurses and jobs like that seem deserving of respect.

Sure, stalking is not limited just to girls working in the sex industry. However, the fact that part of our job is to sell fantasy and digital intimacy makes the likelihood much higher.
I disagree with this too. Bartenders and even the girls working at your local Subway are much more likely to have to deal with stalkers. Much scarier situation as well. Will always support the people that entertain me and won't ever berate someone for desiring a healthy income tho.

I respect anyone who's working without hurting other creatures. Weird that that's not like a universal thing. Someone's gotta sling the tacos and burgers. Someone's gotta sling the naked butts. Someone's gotta scrub the damn floor. Who wants a world with dirty floors, no tacos and no butts?

I get what you're saying overall I think but this line cracked me up. I don't think being a camgirl makes one deserving of respect. Certainly doesn't make one worthy of disrespect or negative judgement but most people aren't going to look at camgirls and see a job worthy of lots of respect. Fireman, doctors, nurses and jobs like that seem deserving of respect.

I disagree with this too. Bartenders and even the girls working at your local Subway are much more likely to have to deal with stalkers. Much scarier situation as well. Will always support the people that entertain me and won't ever berate someone for desiring a healthy income tho.
Bartenders I may be able to see your point, but I elaborated on my reasoning by saying that cam girls (and sex workers) have a job to sell a fantasy that goes beyond what your Subway sandwich artist is selling you. That sort of interaction makes things a bit more serious on the potential for stalking or obsession scale.

Thanks for your input, though.

Bartenders I may be able to see your point, but I elaborated on my reasoning by saying that cam girls (and sex workers) have a job to sell a fantasy that goes beyond what your Subway sandwich artist is selling you.

Yeah I think most people would agree with this as well, I do know my sister had worked in a lot of food service places in her younger years and had problems with stalkers and people obsessing over her, granted it was her regular customers but she had a lot of regular customers. It got to the point at a couple of the three jobs she had in the food service industry that she had to file a police report, and she had to finally just quit over it. These were people she did not know outside of her job. Very scary indeed.

Reactions: Nordling
@AmberCutie what recent events are you referring to?
As I said in the OP: a fellow cam girl is being stalked and harassed in a pretty serious way right now. I will not be sharing any other identifying details as they are unnecessary.

As I said in the OP: a fellow cam girl is being stalked and harassed in a pretty serious way right now. I will not be sharing any other identifying details as they are unnecessary.
Oh. I thought that you were referring to something you read about in the media.

Not to derail but I know at least for me if I were to ever deal with a stalker situation I wouldn't be able to go to my family because in their opinion I am asking for that sort of thing to happen to me. I'm certain I'm not the only one who would have the issue. So yes, by being cam girls we are definitely making sacrifices that people may not realize.

I am fairly certain she meant because of the INSANE amount of FUCKED UP shit that we deal with everyday. Yes, it's still a choice, but just because it is our decision to have this kind of job doesn't mean that we are NOT worthy of respect. I also feel that YOU feel this way, just because of how you worded everything. I really hope that is not how you feel, because I can't even BEGIN to tell you how fucking annoyed I am with all the fuckbags that seem to love to consume our work, then try to berate or judge us for it, like NO, that shit needs to stop right now.

I'm pretty sure in general, that sex workers are stalked much more than a girl working at Subway. Our job is literally almost always some form of sexual something. Pretty sure most women at Subway aren't selling sexual fantasies along with their foot longs. LOLOLOL. =P.

Yeah I think most people would agree with this as well, I do know my sister had worked in a lot of food service places in her younger years and had problems with stalkers and people obsessing over her, granted it was her regular customers but she had a lot of regular customers. It got to the point at a couple of the three jobs she had in the food service industry that she had to file a police report, and she had to finally just quit over it. These were people she did not know outside of her job. Very scary indeed.

The other thing that I've noticed in the last oh... 5 years? YOU CANT DO JACKSHIT AS A FEMALE WITHOUT SEXUALLY HARASSED. It's disgusting, && annoying. It also happens to be one of the reasons I try to avoid leaving my house AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Like, I can walk down the street LEGIT looking homeless, && I will get catcalled, && sometimes guys holler at me out of the windows of their cars, or I've even had people turn around to try to follow && catch up with me.

Have you ever been a camgirl? I am guessing no. Women in the entertainment industry are way more prone to not just stalkers...but stalkers who never give up.

Do you know why? It's the same reason that stalking and harassment of all women has gone up in the last decade (social media). Because someone has CONSTANT access to you. Which feeds their fantasy and obsession.

Unlike most normal woman...and much like most celebrities we don't have the ability to "shut down" this access to us....and our lives without losing our income and job.

As for the other part....that's just ridiculous. Anyone who works hard and puts effort into their job deserves respect...Do you not respect the women you tip or are they just objects to you? Do you not respect everyone who is a good productive member of society?

I'm pretty sure in general, that sex workers are stalked much more than a girl working at Subway. Our job is literally almost always some form of sexual something. Pretty sure most women at Subway aren't selling sexual fantasies along with their foot longs. LOLOLOL. =P.

Well as mentioned with my sister working in the food service industry and witnessed it first hand on one account, they may not be selling sexual fantasy's SNATCH, but she didn't have to sell it to get stalked and you never know what is going on inside someones head, who knows what kind of things that were in these stalker heads that she could not realize or control, but to "lol" on that foot long comment is kinda mocking that they deal with it as well. You are correct though SNATCH, respect is earned.

Wow. You sound like the kind of person who would say that a camgirl/woman in general getting catcalled or assaulted is ok because "they were asking for it."

ALL people deserve respect. In ALL jobs.

And as others have pointed out, we are targets of stalking and harassment because of the nature of our work. You are blind if you don't recognize that. Sure someone might walk into Subway once and decide a girl is pretty and stalk her, but hello!, that is the nature of our job for many of us performers. We sell the concept of pretty, beautiful, and sexy, and because of this, there are unfortunately high levels of men who don't see it as just the product, and they go to great lengths to find us to have more. AND, because we deal with relationships with people (as in human to human,) there are people who get personally scorned and seek revenge, mostly by stalking and harassment.

I don't think being a camgirl makes one deserving of respect.

I'm curious to know why you have this opinion. Not trying to pick a battle, but interested to know for what reasons you have that makes you feel that cam modeling is not a respectable choice of employment.

There's a chance for anyone to be in a stalker situation, let's face it, but I have to disagree with your statement that cam models are not highly at risk for stalking situations as bartenders. Our image is highly exposed every single day, and if a model is moderately active the encounters with different individuals from all over the world start becoming countless and that can be added to the list of members who never say a word to us but have been watching us for years. It's very convenient for stalkers to virtually stalk on their computers at home, and then to take that to the next level physically is frightening for models. It's not unknown that some models have had stalkers fly into their country from a different country, and that's the scary reality of how members cannot separate fantasy and reality as Amber stated.

Oh. I thought that you were referring to something you read about in the media.

Sadly it's not that far removed - if you follow enough models on twitter, sooner or later you will hear about them (or other models) being harassed or stalked. For example, just in the last month I probably have seen tweets from 5 to 10 models about being harassed in any shape (including blackmail attempts).

There's a chance for anyone to be in a stalker situation, let's face it, but I have to disagree with your statement that cam models are not highly at risk for stalking situations as bartenders.

Indeed - for example, let's dig a bit more into the exposure numbers: a barista/bartender might deal with (on a very busy shift) about 1000 people. If you look at a cam model, just taking in consideration her time on cam and ignoring twitter/other social media, can reach that many people in an hour or less - I remember when I was in a model's room and she found some analytics of her cam presence - in just one hour, even though her room had about 200 people, the analytics code claimed that 3000 different people had seen her. Multiply it by the average time on cam, add the exposure provided by social networks/clip sites/etc and suddenly in one day a model is being seen by easily 10 to 20K people.

...I agree with this statement partially. I also agree though, that to some degree and some may disagree with me, that respect is earned
not all that want to be respected are respectful individuals.
I disagree. Everyone has my respect until you behave, act or speak in a way that is no longer worthy of my respect.

I disagree. Everyone has my respect until you give me a reason to think you behave, act or speak in a way that is no longer worthy of my respect.

You are correct I should have stated in more detail what I meant, that is why I said I partially agree, so I agree with you as well I do not respect people that give me a reason not to, whether it be cam girl or a dentist. However again partially agree, I do not just give my respect to everyone upfront, for me that has proven to be reckless (personally) in the past and I have seen as much for others as well.

When you guys say "respect" or begin talking about earning or losing respect, what exactly do you mean? It all seems very subjective to say that the people around you are responsible for earning respect. To me, respecting other living things just means taking their feelings into consideration at a basic level. Like.... not screaming at the person who's making minimum wage and has no control over shit when I'm out in public, wearing pants in public even though I'd rather not, stepping around a bug on the sidewalk, not punching someone even though it is my first inkling, not sharing my unsolicited opinion on things that are not my business and are not hurting anyone etc. The idea that someone need earn your approval in order to be seen and treated as a whole person and not looked down upon has nothing to do with respect. That's just entitling yourself to inflate your ego at someone else's expense.

I treat everyone cordially and every job has it's own reason for being there. One job that may seem not as important to one person, and can be something of extreme importance to another.

@nathanielfromessex One of the biggest problems with being a sex worker though verses a bartender/subway sandwich maker is if someone's stalking you when you are a bartender/work at subway/wherever, then chances are you'll get taken seriously (not that you'll get taken more seriously outside of sex work, but it'll be more likely) If you're a sex worker, people don't often take it as someone that has any rights.

I agree that sadly most may not see being a camgirl as a respectable job choice, but to be honest, chances are these are the same people who are passive aggressive about their sex lives with their partner at best (if they have a partner).

The main thing that I've learned from camming is that many people in the world either don't know what gets a woman off or they don't know how to open up a topic of conversation with someone about what they're into.

I know a LOT of people who thanks to camming have had better relationships with their partners due to learning how to communicate.

Sex is such a basic instinctual need, and most people don't know more than how babies are made (and frankly some seem to even be a bit off about that)

Thanks to live camming people can actually learn by interacting with people who won't judge them face to face on what they are into, why and how to bring that to their own lives and relationships.

Also, don't get me wrong some cammers may fetish shame, but there's always a chance with another woman, and just try asking the same question or saying the same comment to someone offline...chances are they'll want to charge you even more lol.

Indeed - for example, let's dig a bit more into the exposure numbers: a barista/bartender might deal with (on a very busy shift) about 1000 people. If you look at a cam model, just taking in consideration her time on cam and ignoring twitter/other social media, can reach that many people in an hour or less - I remember when I was in a model's room and she found some analytics of her cam presence - in just one hour, even though her room had about 200 people, the analytics code claimed that 3000 different people had seen her. Multiply it by the average time on cam, add the exposure provided by social networks/clip sites/etc and suddenly in one day a model is being seen by easily 10 to 20K people.

And that's ONLY when looking at her time on cam. Earlier today I posted this in Model's Only (putting in spoiler due to length). It's a list of what I do work-wise everyday. I don't consider myself as a top model, and can't even imagine how hard they must work to have gotten where they are. I don't do much in free chat when on cam, and I'm sure appear kinda bored to many if I'm not chatting with anyone, but that's normally because I'm working on this list of stuff. I find if I don't do it every day, (2 days off where I film instead of cam...not as many hours as cam, but still working for a few hours on my days off either way) I don't have the same good traffic. Needless to say it's a ton of work, and takes WELL over 8hrs.

Btw here's two pics showing what clip store forms look like...(I have 6 stores in total aside from simply places I just have galleries of what videos I have for sale) I've gotten 2 passports that were easier
http://i.imgur.com/eXaRsf1.png
http://i.imgur.com/cKKJL5u.png

As I hop on cam I post a pic on Manyvids, MyPornProfile and Fetlife letting everyone know I'm on with a link. I try to do Snapchat when getting on too.

I connect SkyPrivate to my twitter and they RT me when I log on. I work there the same time I cam, and dip when I get a Skype (since I don't use a cam there until then I don't get lag.)

I use CamModelDirectory the same way as SkyPrivate but don't have them connected to my twitter (they don't have the option).

I use Niteflirt while on cam (though dip for calls), though haven't really made much there...it's some publicity when they send out the tweet I'm on at least I guess.

SM 5 days a week 6am-1pm CST

I try to film right after I get off cam for about an hour.

When I get out of paid chats on SM I try to tweet a clip related tweet, to direct people to my clips, and let them know I'm out of paid chat.

Extralunchmoney, ManyVids (vanilla only), iWantclips (femdom), Amateurporn, MyPornProfile and Clips4Sale (full list of all my clips) all get uploaded to at least once a day (normally at night since I tweet in the day RT's of these clips) if possible to drive traffic.

I have a ModelCentro account for my member club, which I upload to each Sunday with new content. This makes me make vanilla content as I have a harder time with it hah. I take down the content of the previous week and upload those to clip stores, so they constantly get new content, and no one thinks they'll just get all thecontent for free all the time either. I put all my Snapchat pics there as well.

When you guys say "respect" or begin talking about earning or losing respect, what exactly do you mean?

I take my interpretation of it from the definition itself---"a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements."

That being said, reading ^above, these are not things I feel about a person or just automatically "do" or "assume" upon meeting someone.
There are different kinds of respect as well, do I respect someone's choice, maybe, maybe not, do I respect their right to make that choice
of course. So I agree with JickyJuly on some regards, mainly the subjective aspect. A very good point indeed JickyJuly.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
To me, respecting other living things just means taking their feelings into consideration at a basic level. Like.... not screaming at the person who's making minimum wage and has no control over shit when I'm out in public, wearing pants in public even though I'd rather not, stepping around a bug on the sidewalk, not punching someone even though it is my first inkling, not sharing my unsolicited opinion on things that are not my business and are not hurting anyone etc.
This is the sense in which I intended the word in my post.

I want to believe that Nathan is simply confusing the word "respect" with "admiration."

In a lot of ways respect is admiration. To respect is to have admiration for someone.
I mean its the definition of respect--literally--a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Let me be clear though I am not agreeing that "Nathan" confused the two, only that respect is directly
related to admiration through its definition etc.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways respect is admiration. To respect is to have admiration for someone.
I mean its the definition of respect--literally--a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Let me be clear though I am not agreeing that "Nathan" confused the two, only that respect is directly
related to admiration through its definition etc.
There is more than one definition of respect. I think it's obvious to everyone what type we were all speaking of.

Firstly big sympathies to the model (ACF model I assume) being harassed/ stalked right now. Be safe, record all threats, and do what you need to get your life back to normal.

The main problem for the personal security of a cam model is that a real threat will come at you with no or very little warning. Bartenders, those in other jobs actually have a chance for the protection instinct to kick in, let some fear of the threat take over, and to take steps to avoid the threat.

I don't know how common it is for models to actually have someone physically stalk them. There is definitely a constant fear of it for models, given 'how scary people can be'. Keep in mind a model need only have one serious stalker out of the 100's of scary members who visit to do them serious harm physically or psychologically.
Most models expect the occasional cyber stalker, creep, hater or obsessive member. Fear in this case is unhelpful, taking reasonable action is usually all that is needed. I will admit to being the type that can be scary, and to giving the occasional model unwanted attention, but I always tip for it. I used to be; in some ways still am, the stalker/ predator type, so I still get a kick out of the fantasy from time to time.

Back on topic, most dangerous/ hazardous jobs get danger pay. I don't know that cam modelling qualifies compared to other types of dangerous work. I for sure agree on respecting the income goals each model requires to do this type of work. There would be real long term impacts both physically, economically, and psychologically.
As members we say no to spending almost as often as deciding to spend. I believe that when we do say no to spending, it is important that we don't disrespect the model in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.