AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Interesting new option on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2011
Do not see a post about this, but I noticed an interesting new option today on MFC.

"Models You May Like" It appears someone from MFC must read these boards, I made a suggestion similar to that in one of the threads here :lol:

Attachments

• models like.JPG
    models like.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 902
  • models you may like.JPG
    models you may like.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 902
Interesting. How have you found the results?

Evvie said:

Waaaay the fuck off base... In fact, Not even in the same area code "off"....

I haven't had a chance to play around with it much, but my guess is the formula is pretty simplistic. I think it would mainly use model tags, with age and maybe area they are from? Considering this is MFC, camscore might play a part too. :lol:

I put in my regular model and it didn't find any results. She must be a one in a million. :lol:

It's clearly doing something.
For example - enter (and remove so there is one on the list at once):
AmberCutie
CandieCane
SweetCoofe
nauthgtywet4u

The first two produce similar - though not identical - lists.

The last two produce two quite different sets.

The simplest way to do this sort of algorithm would be just to take all friends lists - say that AmberCutie appeared on 2% of friends lists.

The user then enters a model name, and if more than 3% of the members have Ambercutie and this model as friends in common - she gets shown as a 'you may also like'.

Of course there are hundreds of other ways of doing this - including ratings, tips, perhaps even logging time watching from the lounge, how many times you've pimped the model in the lounge, ...

I tried entering the three models I consider to be my first regulars one at a time, and I had an interesting result. CassieRamone popped every time, and she was the only repeat model. Clearly this means she is a super genius who has crafted the perfect profile that matches the greatest possible number of models. There can be no other explanation.

xiMpv.jpg

Reactions: MrRodry
I gave it a whirl after seeing this thread. I noticed it only suggests online models so I suspect that's why the results will rarely be perfect. Typed in AmberCutie and the top result was Aedan. Otherwise there weren't any models whose room I've visited before but there were several other models from the forum. I wonder if some of us pervs from here so often checking out models we recognize from the forums is skewing the results a little.

Anyhow... I'm pretty sure there is a method to the madness but I am not sure what it is.

This is literally the worst thing ever. ever.

It looks like this is the process when you put your first model in:

Any excuse to get this vid in :lol:

I agree... It must be stuck on derp, because I just typed my own name in, && it gave me HollyHanna. Which is NOTHING against her, but I can't think of ANY way we are alike. We are complete opposites physically, && in model tags, && in the things we do/shows.

BUT. I did just realize we have the same height on our profiles. && the shared tags of dancer. THAT'S IT.

WTF. HAHAHAHA.

Hmm, I dunno, I used my basic name to check it out while I was on cam, and I was the first result for RainbowBryte, which makes 100% sense. We share a bunch of dude-friends, so perhaps that's why? I think its skewed because it only searches online models. It would be neat to see an option to find offline models as well.

I tried it out today with a few different favs and it kept giving me all the sexy ladies from ACF !! haha, I was like "this thing is smart!!"

then I did a search on myself and it gave me Kota. hehehe. gonna try it at different times and see who else I get, maybe I'll find my doppelgänger :p

I tried it again when Cassie was offline, and it kept giving me models I do not like. They need to add a not her button, and add offline models for you to check out later.

VeronicaChaos said:
Hmm, I dunno, I used my basic name to check it out while I was on cam, and I was the first result for RainbowBryte, which makes 100% sense. We share a bunch of dude-friends, so perhaps that's why? I think its skewed because it only searches online models. It would be neat to see an option to find offline models as well.

Yeah, I wish they had an option to make it include offline models. I can understand it defaulting to online-only, as a lot of guys will be wanting to find someone they can watch right away, but I'd like the option to match all models.

I'm pretty sure it does factor in friend lists for finding matches. I've noticed that if I do a search on one of my favorite models who isn't very popular, I tend to get a lot of my other favorites showing up in the list. My list of favorites is somewhat eclectic, with most not having much at all in common, so I think my list is heavily influencing results on certain models given the results. On the other hand, if I search for someone who's really popular, such as AmberCutie, then my own favorites don't affect it the results, which make sense as my own preferences will be drowned out by the hordes of people who have her on their own lists.

I've also spotted a lot of my friends' favorite models coming up in my matches, which further reinforces my impression that friends lists or favorite model lists are playing a big role. I'm assuming it uses other factors as well, but it's not obvious what they might be.

This thing definitely needs work, but it seems like a reasonable first attempt at solving a really hard problem. I wish this tool had been available last week when my favorite model was sick and offline.

Reactions: LadyLuna
And now it's popped up at the bottom of the model 'menu', so you can see it for the model you've clicked on.

With of course the new thing of room cunts showing on the homepage.

FifthElephant said:
With of course the new thing of room cunts showing on the homepage.

:lol:

took me a bit to realize you meant room counts. I was picturing a whole bunch of pussy-shot avatars or something...

haha I was gonna say "gee, I really don't think they like to be called cunts. I mean, maybe in the right setting, but generally, that's kinda a no no"

I put my own name in when I was signed into my premium account and the results were actually very surprisingly accurate.
I got-LittleHuman, AnaFoxx, ChloeSwan, EllieVador, KittenForever, EmmyLove.
It was a lot of girls I would consider myself at least somewhat similar to in at least a few ways, and it was also a ton of girls that I share regulars with.

Argh - I should actually read what I type.
I have the bad habit of if I'm tired, I'll shut my eyes when typing.
My typing is usually good enough that this isn't an issue, and when it is, the spellcheck pops up.
Unfortunately...

Apologies to the ladies (and any gentlemen) on the homepage. :)

Reactions: CassieRamone
FifthElephant said:
Argh - I should actually read what I type.
I have the bad habit of if I'm tired, I'll shut my eyes when typing.
My typing is usually good enough that this isn't an issue, and when it is, the spellcheck pops up.
Unfortunately...

Apologies to the ladies (and any gentlemen) on the homepage. :)

Don't sweat it- we all have typos... I have so many so often I'm surprised more of them don't get through my personal filter :p

btw- I was just laughing at the mental images I got, and the fact that it took me a bit longer to figure out what you meant than I think it should have. :p

Shaun__ said:
I tried entering the three models I consider to be my first regulars one at a time, and I had an interesting result. CassieRamone popped every time, and she was the only repeat model. Clearly this means she is a super genius who has crafted the perfect profile that matches the greatest possible number of models. There can be no other explanation.

xiMpv.jpg

As if it wasnt public knowledge that I am a super (evil) genius. *insert perfected dr evil-inspired laugh here* hahahaa, great screen shot, drunk with a wig - very me. ghahaahhaa. i just searched myself on my premium account, the first result is my roommate who looks/acts/talks nothing like me - is not the same age/height/weight. who knows. but guess who else is on there.... lacie! my most recent girlcrush! WHATUP BITCHES, mfc thinks im like her!!!! and then a bunch of girls ive never seen or talked to. :( i wish it was all acf chicks! booooooo. :(

Reactions: sweetiebatman
lexmark402003 said:
SoTxBob said:
Evvie said:

Waaaay the fuck off base... In fact, Not even in the same area code "off"....

I tried it. The "recommendations" seemed almost completely random.

I'm curious as to how it was created.

i actually think it has to do with who tips which models. i realized the girls listed when i searched myself were all girls that my room has either "tip raided" or models i know are favorites of some of my tipping regulars. i think....

Today, without reading, I clicked what I thought was the settings link. Instead, I got New Models, which included the She's Back girls.

Another day of MFC webpage excitement! :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.