AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Internet connections

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber_Kitzune

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 15, 2017
Maine
Twitter Username
@amber_kitzune
Streamate Username
Amber_kitzune
Chaturbate Username
Ambertigereyes
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000440556/Amber_kitzune/
Hey guys i'm just wondering what your internet connection upload speeds are they reccomend 1mbps but i am at .7 mbps and my framerate while camming is anywhere from 9fps to 27fps...I was just wondering if i should maybe upgrade my internet soon.

Hey guys i'm just wondering what your internet connection upload speeds are they reccomend 1mbps but i am at .7 mbps and my framerate while camming is anywhere from 9fps to 27fps...I was just wondering if i should maybe upgrade my internet soon.
I wouldn't even attempt to cam on anything under like 3-4 unless i was travelling. even my hotspot gets me over 1mbps upload.

Yeah, upgrade your internet. I think the investment will pay off.

Awesome thread! I also have slow internet and was wondering at what speed works best for cam. :shame:

The answer is the best speed you can get really.

Like lighting, good internet and a decent cam are the building blocks you really can't do without when you are camming.

Anything under 10mbps up and i'm getting grumpy and fiddling with stuff ..

I agree with Miss_Lollipop, however, the best speed i could get in my area was 1mbps up (usually got around 0.92) and it worked fine (for streamate at THAT time or standard definition on MFC). Technicallllly you should get be able to get away with 0.8ish up I think for standard definition, as long as you don't have anything else using the bandwidth. If you CAN upgrade- do it. For sure. It does make a difference.

(I only get 5mbps up now MAXIMUM and I never have issues with it. I use HD settings on MFC, though not the very highest)

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I agree with Miss_Lollipop, however, the best speed i could get in my area was 1mbps up (usually got around 0.92) and it worked fine (for streamate at THAT time or standard definition on MFC). Technicallllly you should get be able to get away with 0.8ish up I think for standard definition, as long as you don't have anything else using the bandwidth. If you CAN upgrade- do it. For sure. It does make a difference.

(I only get 5mbps up now MAXIMUM and I never have issues with it. I use HD settings on MFC, though not the very highest)

when you do camcasa do you guys all bring your own internet? Just curioussssss

when you do camcasa do you guys all bring your own internet? Just curioussssss

Yah, I can never guarantee that the internet at the house will be good enough for (multiple, or anyone) to cam on, so we generally cam from hotspots. For the next one I can set up a data package for people ahead of time so they don't have to deal with it, as long as they have an unlocked hotspot or phone. But lots of girls have plans that allow them to roam that work fine.

Check what the business account uploads are locally. Surprisingly they're often not much more than consumer accounts at last glance (55 consumer, 75 business) unlimited when consumer was still capped, much higher upload - about 4x more - and service calls addressed within hours instead of whenever.

My internet can get up to 15 mbps upload speed. What I don't get is why max fps on mfc can only get up to like 27 fps? Is there something I need to fiddle with to get better fps.

My internet can get up to 15 mbps upload speed. What I don't get is why max fps on mfc can only get up to like 27 fps? Is there something I need to fiddle with to get better fps.
I'm not a model, so could be way off, but 27 doesn't seem bad. Most movies are 24 frames per second, and most television is either 25 or 29.97 depending on where you live. Frame rates beyond that are usually reserved for sports or videogames.

I'm not a model, so could be way off, but 27 doesn't seem bad. Most movies are 24 frames per second, and most television is either 25 or 29.97 depending on where you live. Frame rates beyond that are usually reserved for sports or videogames.
I have just seen other girls broadcast with more so I wanted to maximize if possible! Maybe I'm just out to lunch lol

So my cam kind of lags and I'm not sure if it's my internet speed or my computer in general. Would a wired connection make a difference as far as the cam lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.