AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is It Just Me... Or Are Most Models Super Difficult To Deal With?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iAmMegaGirl

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 11, 2016
United States
mfc.im
Twitter Username
@iAmMegaGirl
MFC Username
iAmMegaGirl
I don't know if I've been having bad luck, if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is just the way things are. But I've been really wanting to find fun girls to work with. All types really, and it's been the biggest headache ever. We'll make deals that they agree to happily. I always feel like I'm giving away way more than I should, but for the sake of there being no regrets I do so. And still, I had a model with a crown "no call, no show" my birthday show with her. I had other models make deals just to change there minds last minute. Or like today, the girl was just super irresponsible, went to the wrong airport (I paid for her flight and she had the itinerary for weeks), miss the flight, and then complain that her friend made her sad and turn off her phone (and I assume go to bed).

I know I need to work with other models if I'm going to jump the 15 spots and enter the top 10. But this has been bumming me out all morning. So I'm just wondering what everyone else's experiences have been like working with models. And is there maybe anyway where we can start a review thread so I know who other's have had good experiences with, and who to stay away from all together? Thanks in advance to any and everyone who replies.

It's not uncommon for problems to arise, before, during and after the cam sessions.
One can imagine that insecurities arise about the other model being cuter, pretty, etc, concerns about longer term loss of tippers. Travel time(with physical toll), time zones, sleep schedule, eating pattern all have to be considered.
During a cam session it can break down because everyone cams differently, for example a confident model may not adjust well to being in another room, where effectively she is subservant. A model that typically strips and does a cum show routine doesn't match easily with a non-nude. A quick paced model finds being in a slow paced room boring etc. Even little things like the temperture of the room, a model is not going to be happy and cold. The issue of dividing tips up, alright to agree before in thoery, in practice it's no fun when your big tipper gave half of a huge tip to another model.

A number of models with a crown have certainly had issues with camming with others, more then one set of models that cammed together turn there relationship into a public display of disgust and revenge. With slated messages via twitter and even MFC profiles. And in at least one case tried to get the other model banned. Look at it from a crowned models point of view, they have little to gain and potentially have a lot to lose.

Camming together seems to works best with those who have a mutual long term benefit, and are likely to have your interests at heart. Often this happens when you live physically near(i.e the seattle models), or have physically met up, such as an Erotika event.

In my view, there are token advantages to camming with another but there are considerable pitfalls. Instead, I'd recommend tip wars, such as this one happening today, such events seem highly effective (with tokens) with few of the downsides of physically camming together.

It may be in your better interest to wait until you've gone to a convention or other cam girl event to meet some of these girls in person. Make sure you vibe correctly with them, etc.

As I mentioned in another thread, going for top 10 is likely going to take some planning and preparation. Not all girls are willing to drop what they're doing right now to get on a plane and meet up with you in the next few weeks to assist you in your quest for rank.

Also for anyone else interested, this wiki page about girl/girl shows has some great insight and pointers. https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Girl/Girl_shows

Sad to hear you've had ... difficulties. Not really surprising tho. I've watched the camming careers of many girls I like over the years. They all change from the fun easy going friendly gal you first meet into .... something else less attractive. Very few seem to remain the original person. I know of a few instances where the "crown" makes them even deny knowing other camgirls they used to be pretty good friends with. Success, egos, attitude... Kinda like real life isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Helpful!
Reactions: iAmMegaGirl
I think it works better to meet up as friends before planning shows. There's a lot less pressure on both of you if it's just meeting for lunch or a coffee. You can get a better sense of each other's personalities, styles, and if you actually get along. No idea where you live but if there's multiple girls in your area, having a model meetup can be a really good way to make new friends & talk about working together in the future.

A review thread seems like a huge drama-fest, lol, and tbh it kind of discounts context -- sometimes there are legit reasons why someone might flake, maybe both models feel the other was the rude one, etc.

It's not uncommon for problems to arise, before, during and after the cam sessions.
One can imagine that insecurities arise about the other model being cuter, pretty, etc, concerns about longer term loss of tippers. Travel time(with physical toll), time zones, sleep schedule, eating pattern all have to be considered.
During a cam session it can break down because everyone cams differently, for example a confident model may not adjust well to being in another room, where effectively she is subservant. A model that typically strips and does a cum show routine doesn't match easily with a non-nude. A quick paced model finds being in a slow paced room boring etc. Even little things like the temperture of the room, a model is not going to be happy and cold. The issue of dividing tips up, alright to agree before in thoery, in practice it's no fun when your big tipper gave half of a huge tip to another model.

A number of models with a crown have certainly had issues with camming with others, more then one set of models that cammed together turn there relationship into a public display of disgust and revenge. With slated messages via twitter and even MFC profiles. And in at least one case tried to get the other model banned. Look at it from a crowned models point of view, they have little to gain and potentially have a lot to lose.

Camming together seems to works best with those who have a mutual long term benefit, and are likely to have your interests at heart. Often this happens when you live physically near(i.e the seattle models), or have physically met up, such as an Erotika event.

In my view, there are token advantages to camming with another but there are considerable pitfalls. Instead, I'd recommend tip wars, such as this one happening today, such events seem highly effective (with tokens) with few of the downsides of physically camming together.

Thanks. I've seen girls that came together argue on camera. But usually it was just one specific girl that seems too argue with everybody so I figured it was just her personality. And I've never done a tip war before. How do the rooms keep track of each other? Maybe I'll watch that one to see what it's all about. Thanks.

Reactions: SoTxBob
It may be in your better interest to wait until you've gone to a convention or other cam girl event to meet some of these girls in person. Make sure you vibe correctly with them, etc.

As I mentioned in another thread, going for top 10 is likely going to take some planning and preparation. Not all girls are willing to drop what they're doing right now to get on a plane and meet up with you in the next few weeks to assist you in your quest for rank.

Also for anyone else interested, this wiki page about girl/girl shows has some great insight and pointers. https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Girl/Girl_shows

My issue has never been finding someone willing to make a deal. It's just that it seems like the girls I've been scheduled to work with were always unprofessional. I would never no someone after telling them I'd be somewhere at a specific time.

My issue has never been finding someone willing to make a deal. It's just that it seems like the girls I've been scheduled to work with were always unprofessional. I would never no someone after telling them I'd be somewhere at a specific time.
I think what her point was is that it may be helpful to get to know someone in person well first, so you can get to know them well before planning shows?

I also would like to throw in the bit of advice to everyone that before any camming, content or paid tickets happen having an NDA and contract of agreed splits and copyright might be a good idea.

As @JoleneBrody noted, I was suggesting it as a means of getting to know a person's professionalism better before trying to make the arrangement.

Having references never hurts, just throwing that out there.

Personally, I'm WAY more likely to meet up and work with someone if I know they've worked successfully with someone else first. I always browse around and/or ask for references before filming with someone.

I almost want to say it's just you to be a butt. I know it's not just you but I assure you that it defs isn't most girls being hard to work with. I do think it's kind of condescending in a way to say most models are difficult to deal with and that may add to your issue tbh.

I flew to the USA just to work with two amazing gals and it was amazing. There are oodles of gals who have had great collaborations on here as well. I would maybe hazard to go as far as saying most models are easy "to deal with"

As @JoleneBrody noted, I was suggesting it as a means of getting to know a person's professionalism better before trying to make the arrangement.

My bad then. I guess that second paragraph made it seem like you were making a different point. But I do appreciate the advice. I've been thinking about starting to go to those conventions and making myself more of a part of the whole cam girl community. Before I had seen like all the arguing so I just wanted to stay in my own lane kind of and stay out of everyone's way. But I think that's why it's so hard to get references, when you don't know anyone to begin with.

Oh yeah, and just to add. I was frustrated when I posted the thread so I didn't include it, but I have met some amazing models too. So in no way am I trying to put down anyone. Even the girls who I don't think were as professional as they should've been, I do understand that live does happen. And most of us probably weren't living overly normal lives before doing this or we wouldn't be doing this. I just needed to hear that others have also had bad luck dealing with the business side of putting together shows with other models.

I saw two models camming together start arguing in a room with 1500 people because one of them wanted a higher % of what they were making. One of them stormed off and the other just kept on camming, was all very strange.

That's crazy. I would've just unplugged the camera lol

I recommend getting to know the people before attempting to do business. Any business relationship where you're both closely involved in whatever you're doing requires more than just an understanding of the agreement. It also requires the ability to work together. If you don't take the time to get to know the person thoroughly, you'll just be wasting time and setting yourself up for failure.

I came across strange conduct in a top ten model's room in March last year. The host girl had invited two other models to cam with her and at first it seemed to go well, but after a while it looked as if the two visitors had bonded better with each other than with their host. Long story short, she threw a hissy fit in the middle of the session in front of 1000+ viewers and stomped (yes she stomped!) off like a petulant 7 year old, to go and sit on some chairs at the back of the room. That was bad enough, but she then took her phone and while still in plain sight of the other girls and also the room audience, went on a twitter rant, calling the other girls, selfish, rude, immature etc etc.. :jawdrop:

Now, even to a casual observer like myself, as I was spending more time than I usually would watching the top ten rooms that month, that kind of conduct came across as being quite unprofessional… in fact I looked at it as being very sad and immature behaviour. :(

Thankfully, it is not too common.
:)

Then there was the time a highly ranked model wrote a cheque to another model for her share of an evening's earnings, only to have that model alter the amount, increasing it by a few thousand dollars. If you stick around long enough, you'll see pretty much everything happen on MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.