AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it normal for traffic to decline once new tag is gone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2021
Hello! I'm a new model on Chaturbate, I was doing really great my first week, I gained a little over 5000 followers and I made almost 3k. Since the new tag has been gone though I've had hardly any traffic in my room, I was getting 600-1000 viewers and now I'm struggling just to get 40 people into my room. I have a few regulars that are high tippers, which is great, but I feel bad because they're the only ones tipping me and the other people in my room get a free show. Is it normal for traffic to dwindle once the new tag is gone? I have a pretty low self-esteem so I've been feeling pretty bad about myself since I'm not getting nearly as much traffic. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. How long did it take you guys to establish yourself as a cam model? I see a lot of girls that get popular instantly which is pretty discouraging.

Like you, I also did amazing my first week. When I lost that new tag, my viewer number declined and I also felt bad. This is completely normal and why taking advantage of the new tag is so important for the time you have it. If you hadn't done so well your first week, you probably wouldn't have 40 people in your room right now. Your room will grow at a more organic pace now that you aren't being promoted. This takes time and it varies from person to person. Luck plays a bit part. Look at your room as a special secret part of CB that people are privileged to be able to find. This mentality is helpful for many different reasons.

You can always use the "promote your room" feature for a little 5 minute boost. Results vary on the effectiveness of it. I feel that it's best used when you're going to do something interesting and can continue doing it for the full 5 minutes. Some people use it as soon as they start streaming and they say this works well for them. Play around with it a bit, if you can afford it, to see when it does and doesn't work for you.

People who tip do so because they want to. They understand that not everyone tips. They are choosing to tip you because they enjoy you. Try to not let yourself feel bad for their choice. You can always do a ticket show instead of doing everything in free chat, if that makes you more comfortable.

A lot of the time (not always!), new people who get and stay super popular are from studios where there is a whole team dedicated to those people and trying to get them to be as popular as possible. There's been lots of talk of studios filling rooms with their own accounts of various colors and self tipping. Don't pay attention to other people's success (whether said success is real or not). Other people aren't your competition. You are, after all, unique and offer something that others can't because they are not you. You are your own competition so just focus on being the best you can be and improving yourself/room/show.

Upvote 0
Let me give you an inside from a users perspective, because I am one. Don't be sad about it. It is a normal fenomenon and you sure do nothing wrong. I follow several models and they are all great (that's my opinion oc) They are all new, started in the beginning of december and were very popular, one of them even made it to >20k followers. I became a fan and supported her a lot and still do but I saw also that the amount of users fell drastically. Now we are happy to have 150 users in the room with a hardcore of 15, so 10% of the users that tips on a regular basis. By adding new toys, new shows, new concepts you build up your empire. And don't think you have to do it all alone, you may ask your users to think with you, especially the green ones, because they are really interested in you. But I think, and i'm not a broadcaster, that perceverance is the main key. Keep doing what you like to do in your room, don't outstep your boundaries because some users can be persuasive, be yourself (that's what I like the most about a model). I'm sure you will do fine.
I hope this gives you a little bit of hope that everything comes good and I wish you all the best.

Upvote 1
Yes the new tag is way that you can get your room established, during this time you get an amazing boost from CB so milk it and cam as much as possible during this time.

Once the new tag is gone is when you have to work a lot to build you room without getting boosted to the front page because of the new tag.
For us it have around 4 months of almost daily cam sessions to have the same income as our first two weeks.

Now we are almost at 90,000 followers but only recently feel like all the hard work is paying off. Even still we have the occasional slow day but consistency is the key.

Most importantly for us is to have a laugh and connect with you viewers if you're not feeling it that day don't cam.

Upvote 0
Like you, I also did amazing my first week. When I lost that new tag, my viewer number declined and I also felt bad. This is completely normal and why taking advantage of the new tag is so important for the time you have it. If you hadn't done so well your first week, you probably wouldn't have 40 people in your room right now. Your room will grow at a more organic pace now that you aren't being promoted. This takes time and it varies from person to person. Luck plays a bit part. Look at your room as a special secret part of CB that people are privileged to be able to find. This mentality is helpful for many different reasons.

You can always use the "promote your room" feature for a little 5 minute boost. Results vary on the effectiveness of it. I feel that it's best used when you're going to do something interesting and can continue doing it for the full 5 minutes. Some people use it as soon as they start streaming and they say this works well for them. Play around with it a bit, if you can afford it, to see when it does and doesn't work for you.

People who tip do so because they want to. They understand that not everyone tips. They are choosing to tip you because they enjoy you. Try to not let yourself feel bad for their choice. You can always do a ticket show instead of doing everything in free chat, if that makes you more comfortable.

A lot of the time (not always!), new people who get and stay super popular are from studios where there is a whole team dedicated to those people and trying to get them to be as popular as possible. There's been lots of talk of studios filling rooms with their own accounts of various colors and self tipping. Don't pay attention to other people's success (whether said success is real or not). Other people aren't your competition. You are, after all, unique and offer something that others can't because they are not you. You are your own competition so just focus on being the best you can be and improving yourself/room/show.
Thank you Brit ❤ I really needed to hear this.

Upvote 0
I definitely did not take advantage of the new tag when I started on CB, and I so regret not understanding this before deciding to broadcast. I started on Stripchat last week, and have been doing better about really using the tag.

Would you guys recommend deleting the CB account and trying again?

Upvote 0
I definitely did not take advantage of the new tag when I started on CB, and I so regret not understanding this before deciding to broadcast. I started on Stripchat last week, and have been doing better about really using the tag.

Would you guys recommend deleting the CB account and trying again?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you won't get newbie status if you make a new account. You might be able to grow your old account if you find some hashtags that work for you, but honestly, if stripchat is working for you it might be better to just stick with that!

Upvote 0
Let me give you an inside from a users perspective, because I am one. Don't be sad about it. It is a normal fenomenon and you sure do nothing wrong. I follow several models and they are all great (that's my opinion oc) They are all new, started in the beginning of december and were very popular, one of them even made it to >20k followers. I became a fan and supported her a lot and still do but I saw also that the amount of users fell drastically. Now we are happy to have 150 users in the room with a hardcore of 15, so 10% of the users that tips on a regular basis. By adding new toys, new shows, new concepts you build up your empire. And don't think you have to do it all alone, you may ask your users to think with you, especially the green ones, because they are really interested in you. But I think, and i'm not a broadcaster, that perceverance is the main key. Keep doing what you like to do in your room, don't outstep your boundaries because some users can be persuasive, be yourself (that's what I like the most about a model). I'm sure you will do fine.
I hope this gives you a little bit of hope that everything comes good and I wish you all the best.
I got into camming because I love sex toys and have over 40 toys but I wonder how to keep it interesting. Do you have any ideas how to get users involved with the toys I select for shows? Before every show I wash all my toys I want to use in the session and have on display in my camera. Id like to make a game out of it, I’ve thought of even making a list of all the toys. Have you seen other models make a game out of toy selection? Do you have any ideas how to get users to know how many different toys I have? I have Bluetooth toys but use streamate so giving the users the control of the toy is not an option with my set up. I appreciate any advice or linked threads. Thank you

Upvote 0
I got into camming because I love sex toys and have over 40 toys but I wonder how to keep it interesting. Do you have any ideas how to get users involved with the toys I select for shows? Before every show I wash all my toys I want to use in the session and have on display in my camera. Id like to make a game out of it, I’ve thought of even making a list of all the toys. Have you seen other models make a game out of toy selection? Do you have any ideas how to get users to know how many different toys I have? I have Bluetooth toys but use streamate so giving the users the control of the toy is not an option with my set up. I appreciate any advice or linked threads. Thank you
this isn't that helpful...but instead of washing my dildos I use condoms and the ones i had were colorful condoms at the time, and I roll one on with my mouth then put it aside, and that gets attention, because its a wicked bj tease...but i have only cammed a coupled times 6 months ago so I'm the last person lol xoxoox

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.