AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it wrong I want to leave camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2022
Hello everyone! I have been camming for almost 2 years. I tried different sites, most mostly Streamate. I feel constantly bored and overwhelmed. I don't have any other option yet. Suddenly I wanted to quit NOW because I wasn't even making rent money. I thought my income was going to be higher and it's only lowering. I like camming, have a good equipment and lighting and even like that I'm doing bad.

Now I added a new site...I feel dissappointed and this rollercoaster and is making worse my mental health. My country is poor and doesn't have many options, that's how I keep camming. Sometimes I make 30$ in hours and that's ''average''. Most south american camgirls have a studio that sends traffic, being independent and latina it's extremely hard. The sites ALMOST DONT SEND YOU TRAFFIC.

Going into content? I don't know, promotion consumes a lot of time and energy as well...Might be...I just feel guilty.

I don't think it's wrong to want to leave any job if it's stressing you out and isn't paying what you need it to. Most of us in non-camming jobs would be the same. From what I've read in other threads and what I've seen in person, times are difficult just now so please take care of yourself.

Hi there ,from model to model im saying that camming is not for everybody , like being a singer ,a doctor and so on is not for all. Still maybe you havent tryied many sites to know what might fits you. Are soo many options..... Yes maybe you will take a break ,maybe you will try somethig else but camming is a way where you cam make lots of money . I would suggest multistreating if you have the possibility or mobile streaming (so many sites are having mobile streaming nowadays). I understand you are desapointed but im sure there must be a site to please your need of making money and it very much depend on how you are as a model. Always remember that members want what they cannot have in their real life. Building a strong community is important . it requires time and involvement. Its just a matter of time.

https://cherry.tv/ try also this

Attachments

• cherry Tv.png
    cherry Tv.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone! I have been camming for almost 2 years. I tried different sites, most mostly Streamate. I feel constantly bored and overwhelmed. I don't have any other option yet. Suddenly I wanted to quit NOW because I wasn't even making rent money. I thought my income was going to be higher and it's only lowering. I like camming, have a good equipment and lighting and even like that I'm doing bad.

Now I added a new site...I feel dissappointed and this rollercoaster and is making worse my mental health. My country is poor and doesn't have many options, that's how I keep camming. Sometimes I make 30$ in hours and that's ''average''. Most south american camgirls have a studio that sends traffic, being independent and latina it's extremely hard. The sites ALMOST DONT SEND YOU TRAFFIC.

Going into content? I don't know, promotion consumes a lot of time and energy as well...Might be...I just feel guilty.
If you dont feel like camming is something you want to do anymore, theres nothing wrong with that.

If you do want to keep going, diversifying your income so it dosnt all come from cam is very helpful, even if everything ends up making a little it can end up being a decent enough amount to make it worthwhile when you add it all together, it also helps a little with stability. When you cam, and promote your stream make use of affiliate links, chaturbate will pay you 20% of member spend for the lifetime of their account (dont encourage members that already have accounts to re-join under your link, thats against the TOS) , other sites have different rates on their affiliate programs but they are worth looking into on any site you are actively working on. Once you shoot content then it's always there ready to bring in income, same with onlyfans and other fanclub sites.

There's nothing wrong with giving up something that's not good for your mental health. As Nikkiss said earlier, it sounds like a burnout phase.
You need to get your strength back up and find your motivation to keep going if you really want to make money again as a camgirl. As it was once said to me, what you feel inside is portrayed outside, and if you feel like you're drowning the outside can't look like everything is going well. Inside correlates with your outside.
Affiliate programs work, OnlyFans and other content platforms work, just take your time to recover and then try to see what option brings you more money at the end of the day.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to leave. If camming isn't working for you then you have to do what you think works best. That being said, I wouldn't discount content creation. The one advantage of it over camming is that even if your content sells slowly, once the work is done it can continue to generate revenue long afterwards without investing any more time into it. You also don't have to put too much energy into promoting yourself. One common strategy that some models use is to make full length videos for paid sites like OF and ManyVids, and cut those into shorter versions or previews for tube sites as a way to drive traffic to paid the paid ones. Also Manyvids in my ecperience will generate sales by itself.

I switched from camming on SM (as my main source) to making content (for many platforms) I Like making content so much more, having more freedom... and not sitting there waiting... I can put out several videos and photos when I have time to make them. and still live my life and basically wake up to making money in my sleep...

I switched from camming on SM (as my main source) to making content (for many platforms) I Like making content so much more, having more freedom... and not sitting there waiting... I can put out several videos and photos when I have time to make them. and still live my life and basically wake up to making money in my sleep...
I need to get better at promoting...SM doesnt even let you create a following. I thought about switching to a site like MFC to grab followers and sell content.

I need to get better at promoting...SM doesnt even let you create a following. I thought about switching to a site like MFC to grab followers and sell content.
If you try Manyvids, all you need is upload your content and go live once in a while. That alone helps promoting the videos.

just make sure you use the new model status well :) I haven't been on that site for years though...

I started as cam and later started doing cam and clips building up side income .. i was slow and another model introduced me to c4s .. this was before MV or any other site was thing.

Im not a clip girl so i dont go all out. examples of my "content"
sitting at your desk bored? throw that phone on the ground, wiggle your toes for 5 minutes and throw that clip on another site.. "ignoring you at my feet"
record your cam shows to resell.
simple things can build side income for rainy days.

Definitely branch out and see what is out there

Status
Not open for further replies.