AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I like camming, but I don't know if I should quit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2022
I like camming, but I don't know if I should quit. I started on January 2021/the ending of 2020 like december and november...It helped me leaving my abusive family. I'm still camming now. One year ago it started being too slow, my main site it's streamate. I tried other sites and it's kind of dead, I make 0$ even my account having some followers like stripchat. Years ago I tried cam4, made 400$ part-time the first month, 0$ the next. The min wage in my country it's sooo low, like 200-400$ per month. I don't have any degree or experience too. I have started losing motivation. I don't log in, sometimes I get distracted and lose users, I have relapses I don't log for a few weeks or a full month. I have lost motivation because I'm not seeing any progress. I can't use nitflirt/phrendly because they don't accept my country. Camsites send less traffic to Latin America, that took away motivation. I don't know if I should quit or go on. Sometimes I have lots of negative and self hate thoughts. Feel burn out even though I almost don't work. I have thought about moving abroad (I have an European Passport) because sometimes I feel I can't no longer put up with online sex work, just go on...My country is too bad to quit! I want to study something though...I don't know, I need help :( I like showing off my body and interacting, but I feel it's DEAD.

I want to preface this by saying that I mean this in the most sincere way:

Yes, probably time to find another career path. Over the last year, you've posted so many times that this job upsets you, you want to leave, don't know how to make it work for you. Some notable posts you've made are below

I agree. It doesn't mean camming it's not for you like people are saying here. You don't have to enjoy your job as long as it pays your bills. I have PTSD and I have flashbacks in the middle of a show. It's not easy and it makes every mental health issue worse.

Hello everyone! I have been camming for almost 2 years. I tried different sites, most mostly Streamate. I feel constantly bored and overwhelmed. I don't have any other option yet. Suddenly I wanted to quit NOW because I wasn't even making rent money. I thought my income was going to be higher and it's only lowering. I like camming, have a good equipment and lighting and even like that I'm doing bad.

Now I added a new site...I feel dissappointed and this rollercoaster and is making worse my mental health. My country is poor and doesn't have many options, that's how I keep camming. Sometimes I make 30$ in hours and that's ''average''. Most south american camgirls have a studio that sends traffic, being independent and latina it's extremely hard. The sites ALMOST DONT SEND YOU TRAFFIC.

Going into content? I don't know, promotion consumes a lot of time and energy as well...Might be...I just feel guilty.

I swear I hate this industry and I will quit

Hello guys. I feel stuck choosing strategies in camming. I really don't know what to do. I do 3 times at once, and I don't know in what type of show focusing. I feel dreadful and burned out since day 1, still can't quit.

I tried 4 sites and made zero...It's annoying. Now I make an extra. I really feel I want to die....How can this be so unstable. I have invested time. Fuck all these pimps.

I think it might be taking a toll on your mental and emotional health trying for so long to make it work if it doesn't, and that's a key reason to move on.

While you still have active cammodel status please take advantage of pineapplesupport.org to also help you during any periods of transition. That way if you ever in need of therapy, you also have connected with a therapist and not worry about stigma around sexwork negatively effecting your treatment.

Best wishes for whatever path you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.