AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

is mfc as much fun as it started out being?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2011
A quickie question for the models that have been on MFC for a few years. Has MFC lost any of it's luster, or it's initial appeal, or fun, after being on it for a while? Have any of you girls gone from eagerly double clicking the MFC icon (Or pulling it up in a browser these days) for the naughty fun? To it just being work, or a chore? Or even worst... something you dread logging onto? Could you put your finger on what might have altered it's appeal for you? the cam score non-sense? losing ground in your ranking? the endless parade of idiots on mfc? it just stopped being naughty fun?

I have been online for about 8 months. Some may consider me kinda new still. I don't know if MFC has changed a lot but it seems as if it is super competitive and hard to draw in tokens. I am doing well but it is harder and harder to have fun when I end up begging for tokens most days. Also the more popular I become the more trolls. That being said, I still feel like I can't complain about what I do. It is an awesome job if you can withstand the trolls and inconsistent income.

This is my 9 month mark on MFC and I say that due the regular people I have clicked with, it is a lot more fun than when I first started. Also, because I have less life problems, I am a lot happier with camming.

Of course, there are days/times when it's absolutely not fun. But I think that happens to everyone in any situation.

September will be 2 years for me and I can honestly say it's way more fun! However I struggled in the beginning with a very low camscore, often working 4 hours for 0 tokens.
Like anything, some nights I may not feel up for it for one reason or another but it's not usually to do with MFC. It's because something off cam has stressed me out or made me sad and I don't feel like being entertaining. I've learned though that unless it's something so sad I can't stop crying, if I just log on I have a great time and actually feel better.

I have a wonderful group of people that hang out with me and it's hard not to have fun most nights as long as goals are being met in reasonable time.

Reactions: SNATCH
I'm almost at the 2 year mark.

MFC started as a chore. It started as something that (while I had already enjoyed showing off on cam etc.. the idea of it) I needed to do to make money fast.. or i was up shit creek. It was hard work to come home and get on cam after an 8-10 hour day at the animal shelter.

It boosted my self confidence, it made me feel sexy and it became more and more freeing as time went on, popularity and $$ increased. So i'd say its got more fun!

There have been times when it gets really stressful as it is now my only income. When it's slow, thats scary and stressful. And can impact my self esteem. If i don't KNOW for sure that it's gonna be a good day, that my regulars are gonna be there with tokens ... it can be a moment of anxiety when I hit that button. But the good generally outweighs the bad ... this job allows me the freedom to pursue all of my passions. And I'm so very grateful for that.

3 years in August for me (soon!) and I'm still having a ton of fun. I will say that the novelty of it was superduper exciting in the first 6-8 months, and that "newness" did wear off and it does feel more like a job now. But, it's a very very fun job.

The competition has actually worn off of me a bit, since in my first 1.5 years I was in the top 20 very frequently, and the rush of that really kept me on my toes, and a bit anxious actually. As much as I do miss being up there as often, I also don't, because it's less anxiety and just more relaxed fun without feeling like I needed to check the rankings 10 times a day to see where I was at. Nevermind the fact that it takes like 3x the amount of tokens it used to in order to finish in that list. So now I may make a run for it a few times a year, but other than that, try to stay more low-key and just be consistent.

The people sure do come and go over the years. The group of regulars I have in my room currently are very different than the original people who joined me daily. I was a bit different back then, since it was 4chan that drew me to MFC, I had a bit of a /b/tard following, and thus did weirder things on cam back then. I gradually became a bit less weird and a little more sexy-silly instead, and it seems to appeal to a broader audience. I absolutely adore the people who I talk to on a daily basis there now.

So all in all, I do NOT "dread" getting on cam. There are many days that I would rather sit and play a video game or just chill and hang out with my husband and puppies than get on cam, but that's not because I hate it. It's because MFC is a job. Even people who love their jobs have days where they'd rather be lazy and do nothing. ;) And people who love their jobs still need a break or a vacation sometimes. I can't imagine doing anything other than MFC, where I can be sexy-silly and as entertaining as I can be and interact with a really awesome bunch of people day in, day out.

Still love it.

I managed for 4 months but being a new model i just couldn't break into the world. It's too competitive and after my intial new model status wore off the tokens dried up, but worse, so did the people. In my last week I had one or two people in my room and sometimes not even guests. I felt like I was doing everything I could, being silly, not being silly, being overtly sexy, being more shy, being completely myself, taking on a persona, playing games, doing free shows, doing public shows, not doing them, no games, girl/girl shows, ergh felt like I was doing everything under the sun. I trawled through pages and pages spending hours and hours on the forums trying to find advice on where I was going wrong and nothing helped. On my last night I spent 6 hours on MFC and earnt 100tokens, thats £3 which would barely buy me a pint of milk.

I gave up and got a boring 8-5 job which is horrible hours, not nearly as much fun.

I never stopped liking it, it stopped liking me, which made me not like it because I felt like I must be this awful, boring, horrible ugly person :( I think I didn't ride the wave early enough and now there are more models with less members. I'd like to return to it one day, im trying to keep my toes in the water with a day here and there and I'd love to be able to rely on it as a full time income as I have made some good friends and when the money is good I imagine it can be really good, especially for those in the top 20.

xxx

MFC used to be something I did when I was bored because I had no money and no friends. Now It's a bit different because as much as I enjoy their company, I don't get on because I'm bored anymore. Infact MFC can be horribly dull somedays and that's the only thing I dread - a day with no conversation makes me feel worse than a day with no tokens. And I think this is because I have always had the same room count but I used to be completely unable to keep up with conversation and now I have to struggle to keep it afloat somedays.

It's only a chore when I am insecure about myself - I put on a huge mental strain some days that is probably worse than anything any troll could say to me :/

I love getting online at Chaturbate and xPeeps, MFC has gone to crap for me. I HATE getting on. No one talks anymore, no one stays in my room. I used to have anywhere between 150-400 people in my room during a show, now I get maybe 20-30 for a full on sow. If I can avoid getting on, I will. Everything else is fun! We have met so many nice people and it's been fun!

Reactions: SNATCH
For me, the fun of camming correlates with how stressed I am about monies. If I have a few good days and feel that my bills are covered, I can hang out and still have fun on a crap day. If it's reversed, and things start bad and my puny paycheck is taunting me while no tokens are flying my way, the wind gets knocked out of my sails. Beer used to fix that a bit. Now, of course, I just log off and stuff my face. :cool:

JickyJuly said:
For me, the fun of camming correlates with how stressed I am about monies. If I have a few good days and feel that my bills are covered, I can hang out and still have fun on a crap day. If it's reversed, and things start bad and my puny paycheck is taunting me while no tokens are flying my way, the wind gets knocked out of my sails. Beer used to fix that a bit. Now, of course, I just log off and stuff my face. :cool:
I can certainly relate to this.

Obviously MFC is much more fun and worry free when tokens are coming in at a good pace and we don't have to focus on our "hustle" as much.

FrankieChemical said:
MFC, no. Camming, yes. I think camming will always be fun to me.

This completely.

I def don't picture myself logging into MFC again because it made me HATE camming.. I DREADED logging on, did not enjoy my time while I was on, didn't like the money I was making, didn't like the people I was dealing with.. But every since I switched site I have fell in love with camming even more than before :)

Ladies, thank you for sharing. Being a veteran cam model watcher, I have wondered how difficult some days are for you. Trying to be up, exciting and sexy day after day has got to be challenging.

It has seemed to me that the MFC competition for attention and tips has gotten harder. When I first became a member, most top models were not from English speaking countries. If I remember correctly, some of the Romanian models would do just about anything in public shows.

Now, to speak of North American models, there are scores of you. Therefore it is harder to be noticed and to get regulars.

And then on top of this, camming is commission sales. Income changes. Commission sales is not for everyone or for the faint-hearted.

I am glad that for some, camming has helped increase self-confidence. I imagine that for others, camming has been more than discouraging. It has been depressing.

It's like high school all over again. The bubbley cheerleader or the girl who always puts out are popular with the guys.

If camming isn't for you, take heart. You have many years of life ahead of you.

FrankieChemical said:
This for me too. MFC was super awesome and fun at first, but this January will mark 2 years of camming full time for me (wow.) I think part of the reason camming is a problem for me right now is because I've never really spent the time to figure out who I am and what I like. Life has always been work, school, doctors, work, money, stress, sleep, repeat. Once I get over this slump I'm sure I'll enjoy camming again and I may even start camming on MFC again.

It also doesn't help that I'm 20 years old and have no clue what a party is. I've been dancing exactly twice and have no clue how to let loose or destress and have fun.

Reactions: SatanJonez
AmberCutie said:
JickyJuly said:
I can certainly relate to this.

Obviously MFC is much more fun and worry free when tokens are coming in at a good pace and we don't have to focus on our "hustle" as much.

this.

Reactions: JickyJuly
MFC was AMAZINGLY fun for like, a month, then it died for me.
I felt like I had to beg people to pay me for videos/shows/anything at all.
I was also putting a ton of real work in when I wasn't on camera.

ON CAMMING IN GENERAL:
I cam on Streamate, which is wayyy more my Wham-bam-thankya-maam speed.
My love for camming has just expanded over the last two years.
I've become more successful at it over time and my self-esteem is higher.
The thing that gets me, though, is that logging in always gives me this feeling of satisfaction and happiness. :D

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've been on nearly a year, when I first came on I was more excited about the money really! I went through a phase of really dreading it as sometimes I come online and it's amazing, tokens come in quickly, it all goes well, and sometimes it's dry, full of trolls etc. As I really needed the money I found it too stressful.

It's a job, I enjoy it, but I wouldn't say it's ever given me a 'thrill'. I think like any job, some days it can be horribly stressful and unrewarding, sometimes it can be amazing and leaves you feeling fuzzy.

I've found though that if I'm dreading or excited about coming online it's just to do with my own emotions/situation rather than the length of time I've been on cam. But maybe if I carry on doing it for another year, either I'll have amazing regulars and the money will be easier and i'll love it even more, or I'll be bored of it!

Personally?

I love MFC and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my regulars. They are what keep me going. I feel they are amazing an even when I am not feeling well they always cheer me up. HOWEVER that doesn't mean I don't have some terrible dry spells. It's just like any model here. Some days/weeks/months can be not so great. Others are awesome. It's just hit or miss. I will say that I dread the unknown sometimes I get so stressed out not knowing whether it will be a good night or bad night, that is the worst part. It is however something that comes with this line of work. The scam score thing tends to piss me off though because I would cam longer if I weren't worried about some days killing my score. So now I recently found another site to cam on {yay} and now things are much better. If MFC is slow I have another site to go to and work on so I don't have to stress out about money. In return I think people have noticed me be more relaxed and not so on edge. Now I feel like I am having more fun then I have in a while.

I just celebrated my 1 year last month!!!
I still love MFC too!

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel like I can do a public cum show, or a public nothing show, and I swear, I make the same amount of tokens. I have only had ONE okay night, in the past two weeks. There are just so many freeloaders.

lolalaurent said:
I managed for 4 months but being a new model i just couldn't break into the world. It's too competitive and after my intial new model status wore off the tokens dried up, but worse, so did the people. In my last week I had one or two people in my room and sometimes not even guests. I felt like I was doing everything I could, being silly, not being silly, being overtly sexy, being more shy, being completely myself, taking on a persona, playing games, doing free shows, doing public shows, not doing them, no games, girl/girl shows, ergh felt like I was doing everything under the sun. I trawled through pages and pages spending hours and hours on the forums trying to find advice on where I was going wrong and nothing helped. On my last night I spent 6 hours on MFC and earnt 100tokens, thats £3 which would barely buy me a pint of milk.

I gave up and got a boring 8-5 job which is horrible hours, not nearly as much fun.

I never stopped liking it, it stopped liking me, which made me not like it because I felt like I must be this awful, boring, horrible ugly person :( I think I didn't ride the wave early enough and now there are more models with less members. I'd like to return to it one day, im trying to keep my toes in the water with a day here and there and I'd love to be able to rely on it as a full time income as I have made some good friends and when the money is good I imagine it can be really good, especially for those in the top 20.

xxx

To be honest I'm feeling a bit disenchanted with the whole camming thing. I've been on MFC for over a year. I looked back at what I made this day lat year, it was about $600, today I made $44. I've just been constantly loosing popularity and regulars because my day job keeps my schedule sporadic at best. But more so I've just been getting frustrated with my room. I try not to, but I have to beg for tokens a lot. Sometimes I'm mean about it.
I'm not as into it as when I started and it shows.

There are so many great things about camming, I just think maybe I need change.
what other sites are good?

Scamscore nonsense aside........This October will be my 2 year cammiversary and MFC is definitely more fun for me these days. When I started I didn't really understand the whole score thing and fell into the low 300's. Now that my score is steadily above 1000 I have more people in my room and things are much more lively. The thing that was difficult about having a lower score was the lack of convo sometimes, which can get boring. In the last year I took up pole dancing and am now learning something new which keeps me healthy and in shape :-D .

Chamaeleon said:
Ladies, thank you for sharing. Being a veteran cam model watcher, I have wondered how difficult some days are for you. Trying to be up, exciting and sexy day after day has got to be challenging.

It has seemed to me that the MFC competition for attention and tips has gotten harder. When I first became a member, most top models were not from English speaking countries. If I remember correctly, some of the Romanian models would do just about anything in public shows.

Now, to speak of North American models, there are scores of you. Therefore it is harder to be noticed and to get regulars.

And then on top of this, camming is commission sales. Income changes. Commission sales is not for everyone or for the faint-hearted.

I am glad that for some, camming has helped increase self-confidence. I imagine that for others, camming has been more than discouraging. It has been depressing.

It's like high school all over again. The bubbley cheerleader or the girl who always puts out are popular with the guys.

If camming isn't for you, take heart. You have many years of life ahead of you.
I wish I had seen this post sooner because it sums up a lot of my thoughts. Yes, it's challenging to be "on and cheery" day in, day out, especially if the token flow is slow. Taking a day off in between those days is vital to keeping our sanity and our positive outlook on everything.

The competition has gotten a bit tougher just due to the vast amount of girls online at any time. The amount of models on the site has grown so much! And yes, when I started there were only a handful of US/UK/CAN/AUS ladies. Though I won't agree that the Romanian camgirls were desperate and doing crazy stuff in public shows like you mention (well, maybe some) there were definitely a majority of them online all the time. I think that made me and a few other English (as a first language) speaking girls stand out more and helped us start off strong.

And I do agree that camming isn't for everyone. If you go months and months with more "OMG I don't know if I can do this anymore" or "Ugh it was another awful day" or "I'm not good at this" than "ooh today was fun and I did well" posts, then you may want to consider another line of work. If it has lost its novelty and glory for you, don't let it keep wearing you down. Go out and find something that works better for you and be happy!

Cassidy Nicole said:
FrankieChemical said:

This completely.

I def don't picture myself logging into MFC again because it made me HATE camming.. I DREADED logging on, did not enjoy my time while I was on, didn't like the money I was making, didn't like the people I was dealing with.. But every since I switched site I have fell in love with camming even more than before :)

I have been a camgirl for three years, two of which were on MFC. I was still a successful camgirl there when I quit that shitty site.

I LOVE camming, but MFC can suck a dick. It truly is highschool all over there; drama, bullshit, and pathetic freeloaders run the site as they have so many reasons to justify why their freeloading is to be expected; they even publicly shame models who don't let members use them; emotionally, sexually, and socially.

No thanks.

Reactions: bob
AlexLady said:
I LOVE camming, but MFC can suck a dick. It truly is highschool all over there; drama, bullshit, and pathetic freeloaders run the site as they have so many reasons to justify why their freeloading is to be expected; they even publicly shame models who don't let members use them; emotionally, sexually, and socially.

No thanks.

as long as the women i've gotten to know there work there, i'll visit mfc....but i have to agree with what you've said.....if i was new and stumbled onto mfc, it would be much much harder for a guy like me to find a reason to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.