AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC traffic lower lately.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've kind of been over and over the fact that you cannot judge a site's traffic by alexa as it is highly inaccurate the way the data is accrued.

So let's not start with that again.
And that only represents visitors, not sign ups.

We've kind of been over and over the fact that you cannot judge a site's traffic by alexa as it is highly inaccurate the way the data is accrued.

So let's not start with that again.

I agree that Alexa stats aren't the most accurate, but don't think you can ignore that MFC Alexa numbers peaked in 2013 and have in slow decline every since, when coupled with Jerry's room count data, and Talia year over year decline to reach the conclusion that MFC's traffic is flat to down and the number of models is up. While traffic on CB has increased over the same time period and top room counts are way up. Now the impact of bots makes it hard to make statistically reliable comparisons.

I've been looking at the chat log of models I visited 4 years ago and those who are still camming today. As a very crude measure looking at 1/2 dozen models with camscores ranging from 3K to well over 10K, it looks like 30 minutes of chat took 1-3 pages 4 years ago and today only takes 1/2 to 1+ page today. The size of the chat logs is dramatically impacted by big emotes so this isn't a serious measure.
But if people are interested I can do some more digging. It would sure help if there was a way of exporting chat logs, anybody?

At the end of the day I guess the only really important measure is money. Has the average tokens per hour increase or decreased.

Reactions: nzhere
I think a lot of it has to do with MFC no longer coming up in a Google search for the term "camgirls". CB is the first result and the following are mostly tube sites. MFC is nowhere to be found, even 20 pages in. That exact search query is how I found the site.

MFC is fighting an uphill battle with search terms. They're not catering to the whole cam market, which makes them not relivent for allot of searches.

Search is relivent, but surprisingly enough allot more traffic to MFC and CB come from referals. Allot of waitch comes from youtube and facebook, twitter. o_O

I did see some thing strange when looking at CB results. There a website peekmycams. It's a website that just pimps CB streams, Like referal link, embded CB stream. It has 50000% growth over like a month. All it's doing is converting allot of none cam adult searches traffic into referls for CB.

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
The truth is the other sites don't have that great of resolution compared to MFC. They are all very much comparable nowadays.
Seen enough good cams lately to agree.

What I wonder is why so many don't (mainly multicammers)? Ignorance? Bandwidth?

Seen enough good cams lately to agree.

What I wonder is why so many don't (mainly multicammers)? Ignorance? Bandwidth?

Yeah, I think if you're seeing lower quality it's entirely on the models setup. Their bandwidth, lighting, computer, and webcam. Really has nothing to do with the site anymore.

And to be honest, when you go to the other sites you still see some much lower quality rooms on those as well. So the others aren't all as good as the best rooms either. It depends on the individual there as well.

Streamate and Chaturbate look brighter than MFC on my mobile devices too.
@weirdbr do you have any idea why JerryBoBerry`s PC and my devices are getting different results?

The question is - are you comparing the same thing? For example, are you looking at the same models? If not, you are comparing things that have way too many differing variables and the comparison becomes useless.

For example - when comparing brightness between MFC and CB - is it from the same model? I've compared quickly just one model that I know was multi-camming and the feed looked identical on the two sites.

A bit less, but the one I did 4 years ago was done at noon, this one was done almost at midnight. I'll try to do a couple more counts during the day coming up to see.

But still overall, there was 27 thousand people online, only 4087 less than 2013. The big difference is there are 422 more models online now over 4 years ago. So, the average number of members in each room is lower. And i'm quite sure that 1285 model count, is a bit low for the average lately.

The lower traffic being noticed may not be that there are less members, so much as there are more models seeking members time.

Been checking at random times, at least random when I'm awake. On the surface it does appear less members on over a few years back. However, that was only one single data point to compare to from back then. And notice that was taken in June, which means college was out at the time. So that number might have just been a bit higher due to that. It will be more telling to see the numbers going through the summer now.

You will also notice there have been a several times recently where the number was rather close to that back then. So it's really not possible to definitively say this means it's lower now. If there had been more times checked four years ago, we might have easily seen just as many low numbers then.

The one thing I am willing to say is there are more models online now. Because that number has always been obvious as it's right on the homepage at all times. So anyone who has been on mfc for years knows four years ago between 700 and 1000 models was normal for most every day. 1000 was a busy day. It was a noteworthy occurrence to see in the 1400's or even higher, like we do today.

The higher amount of models is really what is driving the feeling of less members around as the average members per room is lowered from that.

I started keeping the count of how many rooms had how many members in each room, not just overall totals, after I started this. That's why dataset #3 doesn't have those. That section is just counting the total number of rooms with a certain amount of members in it. So, as an example on May 10th, there were 803 models rooms that had 5 or less members in them. It was just a way to see how many rooms are really getting a larger member count in them. You can easily see, based on how many members you usually have, how many models are experiencing the same.
All dates and times are CST (or actually it's CDT right now).
EXCEL_2017-05-19_01-28-19.png

Note this graph has a secondary axis. The members online is on the upper portion, and on the right. The numbers for models is on the lower and left.
EXCEL_2017-05-19_01-31-18.png

The first bar is from 4 years ago, just included for reference compared to today. EXCEL_2017-05-19_01-52-46.png

The one day I noted the bots in the room, I know it throws things off. But it's part of the totals, so I left it in there and just noted it.

So unlike JerryBoBerry's nicely researched charts and graphs, I have a theory about lower traffic that's based on nothing but anecdotal evidence so take it for what you will. I think top girls on Miss MFC act like anchor stores in a mall much like Macy's or Target. A big spending fan of a particular model will often not only tip his favorite model, but will also linger and tip other models on the site when she isn't around. Personally, because there is a particular model I want to see on the site, I'm thinking about MFC more and I find myself lingering on the site even when she isn't there and talking to other models. If there are no models I'm interested in, I would just go do another activity all together. Of course there are exceptions. Some members are doggedly loyal and won't ever see another model. But I believe for most members, being on MFC is like being at a mall. Maybe you make one big purchase in one store but you also spend a little bit in other stores. If you have a month where most of the top models are gone, everyone else will also have lower traffic and fewer tips even though intuitively, you may think the lack of competition would give everyone else an easier time.

actually just before they canned the "asian page" there were over 2000 models online. It peaked at 500 online models just in the asian pages. That was around Dec 2010/11/12 can't remember the exact year. But the asian lounge peaked at around 230 people.

I've been on MFC since 2007 but got a bit bored of it and not visiting it as often as I used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.