AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a way to find out who has you on their friendslist?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
I have probably 50 models on my friends list because I stopped pruning it down. But do models know if a member has them on their friends list? Also, is there a way for the member to know if a model has us on your friends list? I know there is a list on the profiles page for both models and members, but that list seems different than the one that appears on the right hand side of the main page. Thanks :)

Reactions: emptiedglass
Re: Is there a way to find out who has you on their friendsl

The very simple answer is no.

We do not get any sort of notification when a member has added us to their friend's list. We do not get any sort of notification when a member has taken us off their friend's list. There is no "People who have you on their friend's list" list.

And yes, the profile friends list is not the same as the in-room friend's list.

I think it'd be kind of cool to get notifications like that. Just so I know say after I do a show how many guys add me. Or if I say "hey everyone, add me to your friendslist!" I'd be able to see if anyone actually listens.

Alcon said:
I have probably 50 models on my friends list because I stopped pruning it down. But do models know if a member has them on their friends list? Also, is there a way for the member to know if a model has us on your friends list? I know there is a list on the profiles page for both models and members, but that list seems different than the one that appears on the right hand side of the main page. Thanks :)

Generally speaking if you can't PM a model they do not have you on their friends list. There are exceptions to that though. A model might not be accepting ANY PM's or they might be accepting from everyone. But usually if a model charges for it or only adds people who she thinks are actually friends to her list and you can't PM her, you're not on it.

I have pm's open to anyone on my model account...

if you have pm set to only allow friends, then the models will be able to think maybe they aren't if they can't pm you... but many people don't connect inability to pm with friends list status because it's not necessarily related to it.

Isabella_deL said:
I think it'd be kind of cool to get notifications like that. Just so I know say after I do a show how many guys add me. Or if I say "hey everyone, add me to your friendslist!" I'd be able to see if anyone actually listens.

Maybe, but how about the opposite? Camscores fluctuate, what if your score drops say 500 points? You'll feel bad.
Seeing a lot of people remove you from their friendslist at the same time might actually make you feel worse.

What you don't know, can't hurt you.

Besides, it doesn't mean a thing, my friendslist is way too long. Don't visit half the models on it anyway.

Isabella_deL said:

I know not everyone uses it, but I kind of do this with my twitter. I look at my followers a bit after a show and it usually correlates with how the show went

And I always tweet before going online so they sort of get a notification

Duane Dibbley said:
Isabella_deL said:

Maybe, but how about the opposite? Camscores fluctuate, what if your score drops say 500 points? You'll feel bad.
Seeing a lot of people remove you from their friendslist at the same time might actually make you feel worse.

Besides, it doesn't mean a thing, my friendslist is way too long. Don't visit half the models on it anyway.
Who would remove a model from their "Friends List" just because of a change of cam score? Granted, someone might be that bizarrely shallow, but I'd bet 90+% wouldn't touch their friends list based on cam score.

Duane Dibbley said:
Isabella_deL said:

I was talking about when people add you to their friendslist not remove you. And it means a lot actually. Those people can see you at the top of their screen and will see whenever you're online and will also get everything you write in the newsfeed come up while you're writing a pm to someone or have it come up in the public room. You can change these settings but most people don't bother. So YES it would be a big deal me knowing that if a write in the newsfeed there are going to be loads of people getting the message or pretty much none at all. And it's nice to know that I'll appear at the top of the screen for a bunch of guys.

It would be useful to know after I've done a show to see if people are adding me to their list, and to see if more people are adding me when I remind them to add. People removing me from their list isn't so important, they've made a decision that they don't view me anymore, if they're not tipping me it makes very little difference. The importance is when they give me a chance.

Like Steph I also use twitter in a similar way, but a lot of guys don't have twitter and most guys are less likely to follow you on twitter than just to add you as a friend there and then.

StephStellarMFC said:
Isabella_deL said:

I know not everyone uses it, but I kind of do this with my twitter. I look at my followers a bit after a show and it usually correlates with how the show went

And I always tweet before going online so they sort of get a notification

Followed

Isabella_deL said:
I was talking about when people add you to their friendslist not remove you. And it means a lot actually.
See, I didn't know that.

Isabella_deL said:
Snip. So YES it would be a big deal me knowing that if a write in the newsfeed there are going to be loads of people getting the message or pretty much none at all. It would be useful to know after I've done a show to see if people are adding me to their list, and to see if more people are adding me when I remind them to add. People removing me from their list isn't so important, they've made a decision that they don't view me anymore, if they're not tipping me it makes very little difference. The importance is when they give me a chance.
But simply put, if 100 guys add you and then 99 of them remove you from their friendslist, only 1 will receive the newsfeed, while you're expecting a higher number if you only see the adds and not the removes. So I only see such a system work if you see both the adds and the removes, otherwise what's the point in knowing a non-accurate number? Maybe they could replace the "admires" on the profile pages with the number of friendslists you're on, the system of rates and admires isn't used for anything anyway.

Isabella_deL said:
And it's nice to know that I'll appear at the top of the screen for a bunch of guys.
Now that's what I use the friendslist for. So I don't have to look at the same high camscore models all the time, it's a way of cheating the camscore ordering system, not really a friendslist, but a shortlist.

Duane Dibbley said:
But simply put, if 100 guys add you and then 99 of them remove you from their friendslist, only 1 will receive the newsfeed, while you're expecting a higher number if you only see the adds and not the removes. So I only see such a system work if you see both the adds and the removes, otherwise what's the point in knowing a non-accurate number? Maybe they could replace the "admires" on the profile pages with the number of friendslists you're on, the system of rates and admires isn't used for anything anyway.

The chances of this happening are so slim there's not even any point mentioning it. If someone adds you to their friendslist if they ever decided to remove you it'd probably be sometime in the future, it wouldn't be an instant thing. Meaning chances are I'd have a few weeks of having them see me at the top of the screen and reading the newsfeed. The newsfeed only even works if that person is online, so it's not really about the exact numbers, it's more knowing how many people are using the friendslist option and how many are seeing me and deliberately friending me so they can find me easier again. Because it's not about exact numbers if someone chooses to take me off the list it's irrelevant. Chances are that week more people would have added me, so the number would still be similar.

Seeing as a lot of members don't even go on mfc for that long and will delete/cut accounts, or simply just like to switch models every few months there'd be no need to know exactly how many friendslists you're on, just how many people are seeing a certain show or you doing and certain thing and choosing to put you on that list. It would be useful for knowing what works and what doesn't and roughly how many people actually use the friendslist function. It's not rocket science, nor would it need to be done in great detail. Just an evaluation in our records of how many people added to the list.

I'm eating icecream w/ other hand, aologies if this is a little weird.

Isabella, I'm going to give you as more realistic week-by-week of what your method would do to illustrate his point.

week 1: 100 people add to friendslist, 0 people drop. Actual friendslist: 100. Apparent friendslist: 100
week 2: 200 people add to friendslist, 0 people drop. Actual: 300. Apparent: 300
week 3: 200 people add, 50 people drop. Actual: 450. Apparent: 500
week 4: 400 people add, 50 people drop. Actual: 800. Apparent: 900
week 5: 500 add, 100 drop. Actual: 1200. Apparent: 1400.

The only advantage to having notifications of who added you would be to give a confidence boost. The number 1400 isn't useful because the actual number is 1200 less. BUT, the same models who would feel a confidence boost at this would get discouraged if they received a notification that they were removed from the list.

If there was a way during the show to say how many of the people there have you on the friend's list, without revealing who, that might be useful for knowing when people in the room are adding you because they like what they see. And a way above the newsfeed to see how many are currently online without showing who would also be useful, a "this message will be seen by ___ people". And on the profile as well.

IN FACT, I think the one telling us how many people currently online have us on their friendslist would be incredibly useful! If you get on, and the number is low, you know to actually tailor your show to appeal to new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.