AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Issues with giftrocket?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using giftrocket for a few months and I've never had an issue with them. I know that people get a confirmation email, so tonight after a guy called me a slut and sent me a giftrocket anyway, I was confused. I never received an email from them and he wouldn't show me his confirmation email, but he had a screenshot of giftrocket saying, "thank you for your order!"

In the giftrocket terms of service, I read that it is not allowed to use the site for selling / payment purposes, so I didn't insist he email them (in fear of retaliation against me from giftrocket) and he threatened to "turn me in" to their support team unless I sent him some content (he was purchasing photos) so I sent 5 photos, and he didn't complain, obviously.

I know he didn't pay, but I can't risk it with giftrocket, it's the only payment method I feel comfortable using. Does anyone have experience with giftrocket support knowing about its use in this area of work? I want to email them, but I remain nervous. Thank you in advance for your help.

He scammed/blackmailed you. If you never got an e-mail from GiftRocket, then he never actually sent you any money, and you shouldn't have sent him any content without that confirmation e-mail showing up in your inbox. Sounds like a guy throwing a 'I'll get you in trouble!' hissy fit to get free shit to me... This happens quite a bit to newer models. Chalk it up to experience, block him on all platforms, and don't fall for it again with the next guy.

As for getting in trouble with GiftRocket, I've never heard of anyone having issues with it, and lots of girls use it as a payment method with no issues. I would NOT e-mail them and ask (that would be a good way to get blocked from GF if they take issue with your usage), just keep using it and don't worry too much.

There's lots more info on GiftRocket and other payment options inside of Models Only, I suggest getting verified and checking it out. :thumbleft:

Have to agree with the above, it's complete bullshit. Don't trust anyone saying "hey I know my gift didn't get to you but give me the content now or else". First off, it's unlikely they sent anything. And second off, you do NOT want to put up with that shit regardless. Don't let someone treat you like shit just because they're offering something up for it. One of the perks of the job is we do not have to deal with anyone that we are uncomfortable with or anyone who treats us poorly. No one deserves that.

As a side note, I've noticed email scammers have been using fake GiftRocket sites. I don't even use GiftRocket and they came to me.

When you're sent something from GiftRocket (or anywhere else), keep a CLOSE eye on the url. I received several emails from "GiftsRocket" saying that someone sent me $50 each time. I make it a habit to do a lookup and Web of Trust search on any sites I don't recognize and it's absolutely a scam site. The person in question didn't ask for content or even contact me other than sending these emails, so it was likely an attempt to grab personal info.

Reactions: KayleePond and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.