AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I've made an exact replica of my boobs and I'm not sure how to sell it

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyPink

Cam Model
Jul 22, 2010
Twitter Username
@lilypinkpromo
IMG_2609.jpg

I've made this replica of my own boobs from fine plaster of paris and it's so deliciously smooth and has still retained many of the details, even the little creases in my nipples and the areola!
It's been an arduous process of no less that 5 steps with the first being me in my bathroom about 2 years ago smearing casting materials all over myself and trying to stop it sliding off before I'd made a mod-roc frame to hold it all together. I've since refined my skills and I'm now in a position to offer this lovely version of my boobs.

Although it's been such a long process to get to this stage I am finally happy to let them go to a new home where they might be appreciated and loved in a very different way. The problem I'm having is about value. I'm finding it hard to place them within the webcam world- how much are they really worth to my webcam audience? Is there even an audience for this type of object? Would you buy an ornamental version of your fave webcam models boobs?

When I first started on this path I sold a plaster version via a highest tip contest and the making went disastrously wrong and I ended up giving him a different prize- I only just covered expenses. I also recently sold a resin and glitter version that was exhibited at an art exhibition and I made a little more but not enough to justify my labour (resin is hard work and v expensive). I sold this resin version on cam and the winner was the highest cumulative tipper over my xmas university break. I guess I'm wondering about other ways to sell them so that I can make it feel worth it. I want to eventually make another resin and even a silicone version!

Anyway, I welcome any thoughts and feedback from both models and members!

I have no idea, but felt the need to say you did an absolutely, amazing job!

Figure out the markup and I see you're on MV, create a custom store for it and I'd be curious to know how well it sells.

You said it's labor intensive, but that doesn't mean you can't get on a calculator and figure out exactly how much it's worth to you. If it doesn't sell via MV, at least you tried.

Extremely awesome, but I'd worry about durability. Any possibility you could use your mold with greenware and make a ceramic version?

Reactions: Osmia
I instantly think Raffle as far as selling while streaming live.... Maybe sell Raffle tickets for a few weeks every "Tittie Tuesday" etc? Be sure to give a 2nd or 3rd lesser prize, maybe all breast related also?

However otherwise, or just for a "Price"... Well, this is why I am wanting my goal of generating the income to build a website for myself by next year. This is extremely creative, and an awesome NICHE! Maybe even cruise Fetlife to see if there is anything of the topic or what people are paying for erotic art/sculptures?

It's hard pricing this too, depending on the type of model you are, your niche, your fanbase, and just how much one member is willing to pay for your perfect tits! You know the saying... One mans' NO is another mans' HELL YES....

Good luck!

Figure out the markup and I see you're on MV, create a custom store for it and I'd be curious to know how well it sells.

You said it's labor intensive, but that doesn't mean you can't get on a calculator and figure out exactly how much it's worth to you. If it doesn't sell via MV, at least you tried.

Thanks! Yes I am! There's a limit on MV and with the cut and exchange rate to £'s there's a lot of lost money there. It's a good idea to work out the markup including giving myself a rate per hour- I think some people would be shocked!

Extremely awesome, but I'd worry about durability. Any possibility you could use your mold with greenware and make a ceramic version?

Thank you! You'd be surprised at it's strength. I wouldn't suggest throwing it around but the technique I used means it's got a little more strength than a single pour cast would have :)

I instantly think Raffle as far as selling while streaming live.... Maybe sell Raffle tickets for a few weeks every "Tittie Tuesday" etc? Be sure to give a 2nd or 3rd lesser prize, maybe all breast related also?

However otherwise, or just for a "Price"... Well, this is why I am wanting my goal of generating the income to build a website for myself by next year. This is extremely creative, and an awesome NICHE! Maybe even cruise Fetlife to see if there is anything of the topic or what people are paying for erotic art/sculptures?

It's hard pricing this too, depending on the type of model you are, your niche, your fanbase, and just how much one member is willing to pay for your perfect tits! You know the saying... One mans' NO is another mans' HELL YES....

Good luck!

Thank you and yes I think you're right! Raffle is the best option and the thing I feel most comfortable with- I think because I've spent so much time and energy on it I feel much better about it being a prize and my regs all have an opportunity to win it rather than selling it for a set amount to someone I might not know.
I really like your Titty Tuesday and 2nd and 3rd prize ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.