AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

KIK is shutting down

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2018
I haven't seen any official info from Kik yet but Twitter is going crazy and the news are talking about it too.

Has anybody here used this app for business purposes?
What will you switch to if/when this app is completely shut down?

Reactions: Miss Brynn
As a member, I started using kik because a couple of models I used to visit had it as an option. But, most comunications now are over WhatsApp or Viber.

A while back, some models on here were discussing using Telegram and Discord. Telegram requires a phone number, discord is just an email. However, have not used Discord, so unfamiliar with it on usage

Other apps models use are:

WhatsApp
Viber
SnapChat (most don't use it as messaging. Though, I have a couple of models who reach out to me via SC, so maybe it's just a select few).

I also know a couple of models who have used Skype for more than just private video sessions.

I saw another app on a model's profile or MFCShare that I wasn't familiar with, and don't recall the name at this time. When I inquired with her on it, she said it's primarily used by people living in Asian countries such as Korea, Japan, etc. Since I already had her WhatsApp, I didn't inquire further.

Here is their blog post with the "official announcement".

There isn't anything on Kik's official "Blog" site at this time. actually, the most recent item is from 2018

However, here is a link to a medium blog posting from Kik's CEO/Founder:

Reactions: Slapstick
Whoops, the link from my post went AWOL, but I was trying to link to that blog post on Medium.

There isn't anything on Kik's official "Blog" site at this time. actually, the most recent item is from 2018

However, here is a link to a medium blog posting from Kik's CEO/Founder:

I'm not surprised that some models use Kik. It's not perfect but it doesn't look suspicious, at very least.
But ForceTen has mentioned Whatsapp and I'm actually scared to hear it.
It's the worst option for models, IMHO.
Whatsapp is good to chat with your grandma or landlord.
But using it for business purposes when you're a cam-girl... hard pass.

I'd guess you're against WhatsApp due to the use of a phone number and being owned by Facebook? I'm not promoting it, only listing it as one app which I know more than a few models who use it.

As to the ones I mentioned, most of them require the use of a phone number. Some models here have stated they use a completely separate phone and number for any camming related communications so there's a very hard delineation between SW and personal life.

I'd guess you're against WhatsApp due to the use of a phone number and being owned by Facebook? I'm not promoting it, only listing it as one app which I know more than a few models who use it.

As to the ones I mentioned, most of them require the use of a phone number. Some models here have stated they use a completely separate phone and number for any camming related communications so there's a very hard delineation between SW and personal life.

I didn't say you were promoting it. No way! Moreover, I liked that you've told about a few options beside of WhatsApp.

Yeah, I know. For example, Snapchat does require your phone number too. But you can hide it.
WhatsApp doesn't offer such an option.

And even a burner numbers can tell a lot if someone knows how to use the open sources properly.
There is such a good phrase "don't feed a troll". Why feed a stalkers then?
Surely, there are a lot of amazing members that don't intend to do anything bad and that genuinely do want to have some sexy time with a model.
But we never know who's hiding behind the screen.
There are too many risks already in this industry and I personally wouldn't want to add one more.
Especially when there are safer options to use for business purposes.

But to each their own.

Yeah, I know. For example, Snapchat does require your phone number too. But you can hide it.
I can't remember if I ever had to enter it to create the account, but I have no mobile number on my Snapchat now. It hounds me for it every time I log on, but I just leave it empty.

I can't remember if I ever had to enter it to create the account, but I have no mobile number on my Snapchat now. It hounds me for it every time I log on, but I just leave it empty.
Snapchat has required the phone number when I created my account. I was on my vacations in another country so I used a number (prepaid SIM-card), confirmed it when it still had been active and I have never changed it since then. This number is most likely inactive now but who cares? It was my trick for some extra safety.

Snapchat has required the phone number when I created my account. I was on my vacations in another country so I used a number (prepaid SIM-card), confirmed it when it still had been active and I have never changed it since then. This number is most likely inactive now but who cares? It was my trick for some extra safety.
I hear you, I'm too paranoid to have it on the account even with the option to find me by my number turned off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beawaresweety
I didn't say you were promoting it. No way! Moreover, I liked that you've told about a few options beside of WhatsApp.

WhatsApp doesn't offer such an option.

And even a burner numbers can tell a lot if someone knows how to use the open sources properly.
There is such a good phrase "don't feed a troll". Why feed a stalkers then?
Surely, there are a lot of amazing members that don't intend to do anything bad and that genuinely do want to have some sexy time with a model.
But we never know who's hiding behind the screen.
There are too many risks already in this industry and I personally wouldn't want to add one more.
Especially when there are safer options to use for business purposes.

But to each their own.

I definitely agree with you on the security risks aspect. There's so many ways out there to track a person down, and all the bread crumbs out there can add up. Even if a few pieces are missing.

It's too bad that there's not a lot of options that don't require phone numbers or other personal info. But, sadly, that's par tof the reason why kik is being shut down.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
I saw another app on a model's profile or MFCShare that I wasn't familiar with, and don't recall the name at this time. When I inquired with her on it, she said it's primarily used by people living in Asian countries such as Korea, Japan, etc. Since I already had her WhatsApp, I didn't inquire further.

I think this might've been LINE messenger. I really like it, but I only use it for my personal life.
Don't think it's that useful for camming purposes (though I like the encryption) because there's not yet a large userbase for it outside of Asia.
It's probably better to provide a messenger option (if you do that) with a messenger that people already have or already are familiar with.

I think this might've been LINE messenger. I really like it, but I only use it for my personal life.
Don't think it's that useful for camming purposes (though I like the encryption) because there's not yet a large userbase for it outside of Asia.
It's probably better to provide a messenger option (if you do that) with a messenger that people already have or already are familiar with.

I think it was LINE. Thanks. I never installed it, so can't speak to its usefulness, ease or security. I'm always a little apprehensive on installing apps because of any trojans, malware, etc that might come with it.

I moved to Telegram after hearing this...been pretty happy about it. I do a lot of texting sessions and used to use snapchat and kik....but my snap was pulled...and with this kik announcement, I didn't want to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.