AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Kitten.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I plan on getting a kitten. The thing is, my boyfriend doesn't know if it's a good idea because we have a 10 year old cat that isn't great with other animals. She's very anti-social. Is there anything I could do to separate them from each other, if I do end up getting one?

I'd wait. The cat is so old, you don't want to stress it for the last years of its life. You know?

But if you know who you're adopting from, maybe they'll let you borrow the kitten for a day. Use that day to see how the two cats get along, but make sure you don't get attached to it. If it goes well, keep it.

There's usually a rare exception for every animal-hating animal.

AlexLady said:
The cat is so old, you don't want to stress it for the last years of its life.
10 years old is fairly close to midlife for a cat, in my experience. Just saying.

Anyway, another animal may help the anti-social cat become more social... Never know. Though getting a new cat outright might not be a good idea. Alex's idea of testing the waters is a good suggestion, though.

When I got my kitten, our older cat Suna actually started treating him like her own- she would carry him in her mouth and all that jazz. They are now the best of friends.

But I agree with Alex- give the kitty a test drive so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.