AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech G15 vs G510 vs G19?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter551

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 2, 2011
Anyone use these keyboards? I'm a Cult of Razer devotee myself but I found some bargains that are pretty hard to ignore....and yet I still can't really figure out the difference between the G15 (version 2) and the G510. The G19 seems to have a larger full-colour video screen and costs about double - but is that really worth it?

The G510 seems to have more features than the G15, and in some aspects the G19 as well....yet it's cheaper than both.

I'd get this if it was on sale for the same price...my razer mouse is insanely better than any of the logitech mice I've had http://au.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards/razer-blackwidow-ultimate

Attachments

• keyboards.jpg
    keyboards.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 117
I have the G19 and its a pretty smart keyboard but it needs a separate power socket for the colour monitor, it can be used with out but it looks pretty cool.
You can watch you tube and vids on it plus the quality is pretty good.

I hear ya, I have a razor diamond back mouse I have had for ages and it`s never let me down.

Ahhhh, yeah the seperate power cord for the screen is the last thing I need tbh, I've already got powerboards running off powerboards here lol.

I went ahead and ordered the G510 as it just seems superior to the G15 specs-wise, is newer, and aside from the price I really doubt I'd use half the features of the G19 since I don't play MMOs anymore.

Being able to see CPU temp, fan speed, FPS is as much as I probably want.

And year Razer....I used to think "don't believe the hype". Then I got one, even one of the less expensive mice (Death Adder) and it's just quality and performance above and beyond its price-range - by a long way.

If I was still playing WoW....I'd so buy this sucker http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.220156700/categoryId.35208800
razer-naga-epic-main.jpg

I have the original G15, with the flip up LCD and blue back lighted keys. It's by far the best gaming keyboard I've had. It's getting really old now, so I'll have to look for a replacement some time soon :(

I also have a MS Reclusa gaming keyboard, made by Razer of course, but you can't turn off the back lit keys, and there are no macro keys so I didn't use it much. It is VERY solid so that's a big plus for a Razer in my future. thinking about their new mechanical switch keyboard :)

yeah man, my razer mouse is beautifully solid and well-made they also all come with stuff like braided cords, in some cases detachable cords for wireless/wired functionality - I'd totally get that mechanical keyboard too but it's out of my price range ($200). Their mice also look fucking cool :p Except the Naga...they look kinda fat, possibly cos of the 17 buttons lol.

My DeathAdder has the medusa three-headed snake thing Razer symbol on it that slowly pulsates from invisible to neon blue sporadically lol. Doesn't add any functionality but still looks fucking cool :p (and can turn it and glowing blue mousewheel off if desired)

Just got the G510, seems great except I can't touch type on it (or touch-game) because it's such a bitch to get used to different key positionings from my old one lol

I've been using the G15 for quite a while now (Since before WoW BC). Used to have the old one with the extra G keys, which I think are the same as the G19 now. These keyboards have taken a lot of abuse and still go strong.

I used to use Logitech mice too, but I always seem to wear out the mouse wheel or it just never works properly. Switched to the MS Sidewinder X8 last year and love it, with the exception of using it in Ubuntu. I think its a driver issue because it either scrolls way too fast or way too slow when switching the settings.

yeah I never tried the g15 but I think this is pretty similar, it has 18 G keys on the side. the main keyboard part feels smaller and I keep hitting the wrong keys typing and in games lol...I guess I'll get used to it, for now it's driving me nuts.

I noticed there's not a lot of games listed for the premade profiles, which I guess affects stats etc showing up in the LCD? Is there any simple way to make that happen for an "unsupported" game?

Also, one of the LCD displays shows CPU and RAM usage - I thought I heard it was possible to get it to display CPU/GPU temps, and FPS, but I don't see it anywhere in the help stuff.

Actually nvm I found an applet (LCDSirReal) that shows stuff like fan speeds, gpu temp, speeds, fan speeds, cpu temps, ram usage, world timezones (I have it set to aust, pst, and romanian timezones hehe)

I had CPU and GPU data displayed on my G15 through an applet that I believe hooked into EVGA Precision... I think. I killed my G15 and need to replace it. For now I am using a very, very basic media keyboard that came with my computer. I'll be going with the G510 when I get the $ for it.

I loved my G15. It was the 2nd gen version. I even got used to the orange backlight on the keys... after quite a bit of grumping about them choosing such a foul color. I also used the media display applet and the ventrilo plugin a bit for the screen display. Worked quite nicely.

seem to be some deals going round on the g510 right now so might be a good time. Got mine for $75, rrp is $199!!

Checked out specs before I bought and apparently the only difference between the g510 and g19 which costs like $200 more rrp, is the colour LCD, 2 usb ports, and for some reason only 12 G keys while the g510 has 18.

And yeah you can make the backlighting and LCD any colour you like, has a bunch of presets and also that colour spectrum thing where you move the mouse cursor around to make custom colours.

Oh and yup I got the GPU data through GPU-Z monitoring it in the background

Having just seen this I have to say...

wtf

A keyboard costing as much as a gfx card, or top of the line cpu?

Insanity! (just my :twocents-02cents: )

p.s. The only time i look at my keyboard is when i repeatedly hit the wrong key whilst typing - to reset my fingers on the right spots.
There are customisable programmable shortcut keys galore on my $10 keyboard, but I've never used them... so most features of those I guess I struggle to see the point of - hence my shock at the RRP of them :D

well it also has stuff like a 4x faster response rate than most keyboards (less lag executing commands in gaming), and the keys aren't just customisable they're macroable. As in, you can record mouse clicks, combinations of keys, 3 seperate profiles for each game, website, desktop, whatever you want. Can set hotkeys and record macros in-game at the touch of a button.

It'll also show stuff on the LCD like FPS, GPU voltage/temp, game stats like health, mana, etc etc, will show the name of whoever just spoke in vent, even has a realtime news ticker and checks your email periodically if you want.

Onboard USB audio so you can for instance plug an analogue headset/mic directly into the keyboard and hear vent through that while game sounds come out your regular speakers..and so forth.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have considered paying $200 (or at least if I did I'd have got a Razer), but reduced to $75? Yes please.

Zoomer said:

wtf

p.s. The only time i look at my keyboard is when i repeatedly hit the wrong key whilst typing - to reset my fingers on the right spots.
There are customisable programmable shortcut keys galore on my $10 keyboard, but I've never used them... so most features of those I guess I struggle to see the point of - hence my shock at the RRP of them :D

you don't game much...or just not as intensely as some hard core gamers

Jupiter551 said:
seem to be some deals going round on the g510 right now so might be a good time. Got mine for $75, rrp is $199!!
I'd be really tempted if I wasn't already about oh... $100 short of covering this month's rent due to some expenses I'd not foreseen all coming up at the same freakin' time.

barman07 said:
Zoomer said:

wtf

you don't game much...or just not as intensely as some hard core gamers

Yes, I'm actually surprised I didn't get one back when I played WOW - I spent $30 for race change for a predicted 15 dps increase (on spreadsheet), and reducing response time from keyboard to computer by hundreds of milliseconds per keystroke is worth considerably more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.