AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Long term financial trends...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2023
I'm just curious - anyone who's been at this more than a couple years, and keeps track of all their financials well - are there any predictable trends you see throughout the year?

I know it's an unpredictable industry and there will always be busier and slower times - but, for example, I saw someone say the other day "I expect to make x per month... during the school year." Or are the holidays typically slower (like xmas) because people have other expenses, etc.?

Just trying to gauge if there are any sorts of things I can try to plan for, or what things I may not have considered.

I've been in the industry for 10 years. It's not about what I expect or trends or whatever, it's about me getting my ass on cam and staying long enough to make the money I need and changing up anything I can when it gets stale but not so much that it upsets regular viewers or violates my comfort zones. I've been on for almost 5 hours tonight and made 98 tokens. 5 minutes from now that could turn into 6000 tokens.

The only long term trend I've noticed is that I tend to earn more each year that I do this. Some people say that Summers are bad, but I've never really had that. Last Summer I made a lot more than I did the rest of the year. Some models also say that Oct through Dec are bad for them, but those times are usually good for me, so it's really hard to generalize trends. Everyone seems to have different ones. I guess there must be a lot of personal factors and luck that go into it too.

The last 2 weeks of January tend to be a little slower for most across the board. That's the only one where my numbers have fit in consistently, with what others have said too. I do cliops and cam live about equally though, and I focus my energy and time on the sites where I earn the best foremost. A lot of models just do one or the other. I think doing both kind of insulates me more from as severe volatility, but just a theory.

Last edited:
I've been in the industry for 10 years. It's not about what I expect or trends or whatever, it's about me getting my ass on cam and staying long enough to make the money I need and changing up anything I can when it gets stale but not so much that it upsets regular viewers or violates my comfort zones. I've been on for almost 5 hours tonight and made 98 tokens. 5 minutes from now that could turn into 6000 tokens.
This. Being consistent is the BIGGEST thing in SW industry but especially with camming! It is my biggest flaw when it comes to this business and always has been but if you can find a schedule and system that works for you then latch onto it!! Don't burn yourself out though from the start, remember to take care of you but don't let one self care day turn into 3 if you can help it...

I did notice less money in the summer/start of school when I was working 50 hrs a week but it wasn't too bad back then(5 years ago?). That was after being consistent for 5-6 months though... and it takes everyone different times to get what works for them and then some girls just get lucky so, you could too!

oh one last thing, at least for me... I'm sure some sport fans girls make bank but, super bowl and football anything .... just plan to have a chill day...

Reactions: Vixxen81
Status
Not open for further replies.