AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense control/connecting to multiple apps

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid_squirts420

Cam Model
Mar 29, 2019
North Carolina
m.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@Astrid4202
Chaturbate Username
Astrid_squirts420
Hoping to clarify some things if anyone wouldn't mind helping out!

I have the lush 2 and the nora
I use the firefox browser with the sideloaded extension
I use lovense connect on my iPhone to connect the toy to the laptop (I dont have a dongle yet so can't use the CPU version)

My question is- currently in order to give a customer control of the toy during a live show, or while I am connected in the format listed above, the only way to do so it by sending them a link either in the browser extension or thru lovense connect app on my phone (we just type the link into the chat window and he clicks from there).

Is there any way to let a customer use lovense remote to control the toy from their phone instead?- while I am already connected to lovense connect/the browser extension?

We have tried, and since it is bluetooth it seems impossible. Once we are connected to lovense connect the lovense remote can not see the toy as available. We actually have to delete it entirely from lovense connect in order to connect it to the remote.

My customer really prefers the lovense remote instead of the one you get in the link. (I don't blame him, the link one sucks). Also he says other models are able to do it

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Smores I saw you discuss this on another thread and that you were able to run both apps together somehow.
Please share your wisdom!! Lol
If I am connected to one app my toy is not showing available on the other.

Copying my reply from another thread where you asked the same question:

I do not have an exact sequence, and it can be extremely squirrelly. I vaguely remember that once Lovense Connect has control of the vibrator, Lovense Remote will not see it for the initial connection. So you have to kill Lovense Connect in the phone Task Manager (not just exit it). Then set up Lovense Remote so it connects. Then start Lovense Connect. I remember it took about 20 tries for this to finally work. It was insane.

Once I had both apps seeing the device at the same time, then it started to work automatically, whenever I booted the phone.

I cannot tell you how reliable this is. I am using this maybe once every two weeks.

Overall, Lovense made a terrible terrible design decision here. One person in 50 would have the patience to do what I did to make it all work. Models I have asked to try rarely even try. Lovense documents that you cannot use both apps together, but their documentation appears to be wrong. Probably they realize it is not reliable so they just do not want to support that configuration. At the same time, it is totally reasonable that people should want to use the Connect and Remote features at the same time. Lovense does not seem to register that idea or care.

P.S., I did this on Android, and I have no idea if it works on iPhone. You can pick up a cheap Android tablet under $200.

P.P.S., What other models who use Lovense Remote do is kill Connect. So that gives the viewer what he wants for remote control, but that screws over every other member in public chat. People stop tipping. Annoying messages about the toy not being connected get generated. It's all bad for business.

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
Upvote 0
Sorry for asking on the other thread also- I did not realize that I could tag you here until afterwards and I wanted to make sure i got your answer since you really seemed knowledgeable about it.

Thank you so much for your responses. I was afraid that it would be a strange/unstable process. But I will give it a try and see how it goes!

Have you ever tried it using lovense connect on the computer and then the remote on the phone?
I wonder if that would make a difference.
Until I get a dongle i can't test it, though.

Upvote 0
Sorry for asking on the other thread also- I did not realize that I could tag you here until afterwards and I wanted to make sure i got your answer since you really seemed knowledgeable about it.

No problem and no apology needed. I mostly wanted to explain why I duplicated for the benefit of others who might see both posts.

Have you ever tried it using lovense connect on the computer and then the remote on the phone?
I wonder if that would make a difference.
Until I get a dongle i can't test it, though.

I think it is problematic to have two tablets share one bluetooth device. Maybe someone who knows bluetooth better than I do can chime in about that.

A good example of that case would be two tablets that share one bluetooth speaker. That would be a really useful thing to have in some cases. But when I Google that, there are zero articles found discussing the configuration. So I infer it probably violates some bluetooth rule or is hard to achieve.

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
Upvote 0
I wish, as you stated in the other thread, that lovense would either incorporate the connect function into the remote app or vis versa. Using both seems like overkill, and the extension/special browser on top of that. PLUS running a CB app to display the levels in your room. Just so many steps. Definitely needs tweaking.

Upvote 0
I wish, as you stated in the other thread, that lovense would either incorporate the connect function into the remote app or vis versa. Using both seems like overkill, and the extension/special browser on top of that. PLUS running a CB app to display the levels in your room. Just so many steps. Definitely needs tweaking.

I think a big problem is that Lovense believes - INCORRECTLY - that the Lovense Remote application is mainly of value to couples. They need to hear loud and clear from models that an application that unified Connect and Remote would be valuable to webcam models. Because so many models never figure out how to set up Remote, I am not sure that many of these models even understand what is possible. So there is a Catch 22 there where Lovense never hears the requirements from models, because models never realize they have they have the requirement.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.