AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense Extension Update

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
Hey everyone, there's a new Chrome browser extension update for Lovense. Has anyone been successful in updating it because I can't figure out how and of course as usual their instructions use the fewest amount of words humanly possible. Halp?

Hey everyone, there's a new Chrome browser extension update for Lovense. Has anyone been successful in updating it because I can't figure out how and of course as usual their instructions use the fewest amount of words humanly possible. Halp?
I'm on V30.10.0 and not getting prompted for an available update. No idea when I last updated it though, think it's been a while.

Upvote 0
I'm on V30.10.0 and not getting prompted for an available update. No idea when I last updated it though, think it's been a while.
It barely caught my eye/attention. It's in a very thin banner at the very top with a download/more info prompt next to it.

Browser prompt.png

Sorry, it's huge.

Upvote 0
It barely caught my eye/attention. It's in a very thin banner at the very top with a download/more info prompt next to it.

View attachment 99612

Sorry, it's huge.
Yeah, I didnt open the extention normally I get the notification just clicking on it. I did double check upcoming changes to the chrome extensions though (given the whole lets push people to use our software, I thought it could be an attempt to push that) but it does seem that in june chrome is changing the way that extentions need to be written.... I'm ment to be logging in so proberly a bad idea to update... but, YOLO? 😂

I'll let you know in a few mins if that was a bad idea 😂

Upvote 0
Yeah, I didnt open the extention normally I get the notification just clicking on it. I did double check upcoming changes to the chrome extensions though (given the whole lets push people to use our software, I thought it could be an attempt to push that) but it does seem that in june chrome is changing the way that extentions need to be written.... I'm ment to be logging in so proberly a bad idea to update... but, YOLO? 😂

🤞It's hit or miss with these people, thanks for taking one for the team!

Upvote 0

Well the new version dosnt work with shine browser.
In chrome it loads (with an error, but it's a minimal error so it still works)

extract the zip folder you download (make a file first called lovense or something because lovense still hasnt learnt how to pack something correctly for distibution) if you dont make the files then they just spew out into the folder you select rather than being in their own folder.

Click the extentions button
Manage extentions
Load Unpacked
Navigate to the folder where you unpacked the extension
and then click select folder.

Should be all there is to it.

Upvote 0
Well the new version dosnt work with shine browser.
In chrome it loads (with an error, but it's a minimal error so it still works)

extract the zip folder you download (make a file first called lovense or something because lovense still hasnt learnt how to pack something correctly for distibution) if you dont make the files then they just spew out into the folder you select rather than being in their own folder.

Click the extentions button
Manage extentions
Load Unpacked
Navigate to the folder where you unpacked the extension
and then click select folder.

Should be all there is to it.
Thank you!!! I will try that ASAP and report back.

Upvote 0
Thank you!!! I will try that ASAP and report back.
if you are using an non google version of chrome (which is like almost every other browser these days).
The error I was getting was the new version dosnt have a manifest.json, which makes sense because thats what google is changing. So just means that that version of the extension isnt compatible with your browser yet.

If it happens on google chrome there's probably an update for google chrome avalibule too.
to update, 3 dots on the right hand side, then settings, then about google chrome and it will check and install any updates

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
if you are using an non google version of chrome (which is like almost every other browser these days).
The error I was getting was the new version dosnt have a manifest.json, which makes sense because thats what google is changing. So just means that that version of the extension isnt compatible with your browser yet.

If it happens on google chrome there's probably an update for google chrome avalibule too.
to update, 3 dots on the right hand side, then settings, then about google chrome and it will check and install any updates
Great, thanks. I don't know much about browser extensions but I think it is Google Chrome. Windows, so I don't have much reason to look for Safari or anything like that.

Upvote 0
Even that may not last long.

Chrome is going to start disabling Manifest V2 extensions in June because they are updating their support to Manifest V3 extensions

The small error that @KingMarti is seeing is due to the extension being built under mv2.
The error I had on shine was because shine browser (bassed on chromeium) isnt using the v3 yet so it didnt recognize the v3 manifest file.
The small error I had in chrome was about the extension not being able to load in 3rd party cookies.
The latest update is a manifest v3 extension.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
The error I had on shine was because shine browser (bassed on chromeium) isnt using the v3 yet so it didnt recognize the v3 manifest file.
The small error I had in chrome was about the extension not being able to load in 3rd party cookies.
The latest update is a manifest v3 extension.
Awesome. Thanks for this Marti, you're aces!

I wasn't able to get into it last night but I'll try tonight. You were spot on about the packing though, when I unzipped the first time the files went poof! 😂 Deleted it and will download with your instructions tonight.

Upvote 0
Awesome. Thanks for this Marti, you're aces!

I wasn't able to get into it last night but I'll try tonight. You were spot on about the packing though, when I unzipped the first time the files went poof! 😂 Deleted it and will download with your instructions tonight.
I dont understand why they dont do things like every other person on the planet that distributes .zip folders.... like all they have to do is put everting inside a folder so when you unzip it it stays in the damn folder 😂

• Funny!
Upvote 0
I dont understand why they dont do things like every other person on the planet that distributes .zip folders.... like all they have to do is put everting inside a folder so when you unzip it it stays in the damn folder 😂
It's gone now. LOL These people!

Upvote 0
its gone? they changed their mind about updating?
Perhaps they caught the little bugs you mentioned and pulled it to update it? IDK. It's just...not there anymore and no explanation. The recycle bin wouldn't restore the file. Guess I'll keep an eye out for it.

Upvote 0
Perhaps they caught the little bugs you mentioned and pulled it to update it? IDK. It's just...not there anymore and no explanation. The recycle bin wouldn't restore the file. Guess I'll keep an eye out for it.
probably a good thing you didnt update then since you would have to go through doing it again today to put the old version back 😂

Upvote 0
Oh, that would be a thing, huh? I'd be so mad!
it could be, kind of depends how they set it up.
just got curious and since I still have the files, just re-added it to chrome and it seems to be functional...I mean there could be issues with things like connecting or it recognizing tips, but it dosnt give any errors when you open it up about it being an unsupported version.

Upvote 0
Ok this may not be related at all - I cant understand how it could be or would be, but yesterday I updated the lovense extension and this started happening with google docs on chrome...

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 12.55.04.png

For what its worth, the lovense extension seems to work fine for me, now with new updated sliding colors and a slightly different look on the icons.

Upvote 0