AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mad Men - set your DVR

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlmoe

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jun 3, 2011
from around the world and up your neighborhood...y
twitter.com
Twitter Username
@Faux_Schlmoe
MFC Username
SchhhhhhhhMOE
I didn't a thread for this show. Due to a dispute over money, we'll have to wait until March 2012 for new episodes. Until then AMC has been running 3 hours of repeats on Sunday mornings. It's quite early, 6AM EDT/3AM PDT, so fire up your tivos. It's worth a look.

I like the episodes that make Draper deal with his past and the problems that the duality cause him. And did anyone notice that the actress who plays Ida Blankenship was also the mother in the original "Karate Kid". That kind of made me laugh.

Netflix just got madmen on instant viewing recently :) I finally get to watch from the first episode on. I'm pretty excited!

UMMMM Overdue BUMP
Hi. Best show ever..
I'm partial to period pieces taking place during this time in this location but STILL.
It's my faves. And supposedly only two more seasons.
It's been on since 2007 but there's been 5 seasons. They're all on Netflix. NOW do it.
Season 6 Premieres on AMC Sunday Night. I don't have AMC, but I use VUDU.com and you can pay per episode the day after it airs (yes I'm that crazy, and yes I am that anti-cable)

But yeah... people say the show is super sexist, and racist, etc. etc. because helloooo AMERICA was super racist and sexist in the 60s. And this show, shows why everyone was alcoholics because of it :lol:
And the changes coincide with the times.
The characters are so well developed to see the difference from season 1-5 is crazy...and great!
but seriously... I love it... and it makes me want to chain smoke and drink whiskey everytime I watch it.
Ain't nothing wrong with that. So do it. Watch it. love it.
Plus John Hamm is Don Draper and he has a giant penis.
:handgestures-salute:

WATCH IT
ok_040513_joan-vase.gif

tumblr_m7jomubUwb1ro2d43.gif

tumblr_lymyjfGiMs1qbsbnoo1_250.gif

megan-polka-dot.gif

do itttt

Reactions: KellerGreen
haha I think I was drunk the last time I posted in this thread. :shhh:
Still favorite show ever!!

I remembered just how much I liked the show with don's first scene. For 10 minutes I'm sitting there like WHERE IS DON?! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH HIM! HE'S STILL NOT BACK!! GAHHH!! and then they play a song thats 45 years old but sounds like it could have came out last week and they show megan all fancified and you cheer a little. That seen was great. It's so well done. I'm mad I didn't have whiskey and cigarettes ready :-D

LuckySmiles said:

I remembered just how much I liked the show with don's first scene. For 10 minutes I'm sitting there like WHERE IS DON?! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH HIM! HE'S STILL NOT BACK!! GAHHH!! and then they play a song thats 45 years old but sounds like it could have came out last week and they show megan all fancified and you cheer a little. That seen was great. It's so well done. I'm mad I didn't have whiskey and cigarettes ready :-D

One of my all times favs as well.

Question for the ladies, Jon Hamm is obviously classically handsome, but what is it about Don Drapper that gets all the woman wet?

HiGirlsRHot said:
LuckySmiles said:

Question for the ladies, Jon Hamm is obviously classically handsome, but what is it about Don Drapper that gets all the woman wet?

I think it's just the character, Hamm's definitely attractive but many might argue John Slattery is a little better looking in a classic way... I like him too and doesn't hurt that Sterling's character is hilarious. But Roger's more the bratty rich kid type. Does well enough even in his whole existential crisis which is an interesting story line. Draper's old fashioned and kind of a dick. But he's good at what he does at the firm, irrationally confident, kind of a wise ass, and has that insanely screwed up childhood that makes you want to forgive all his fuck ups.
I mean they play that song "I'm a man" when he entered a scene, he's just an old fashioned ladies man. he's mysterious and discreet. He's not the kind of guy to bang all the ladies and then brag to everyone in the office in the slimy kind of way. Plus he knows he's a screw up, he struggles with it, and you always want to believe that maybe he's going to fix his shit. Because if he can change, anyone can! That's why you root for him. He's a quality friend too, and even with the ladies he doesn't sleep with :-D I enjoyed the two episodes where it was just him and joan drinking at christmastime, or don and peggy on her birthday after being a total douche.

Ya know who's story line I also like? Pete Campbell. They do everything they can to make you hate his guts in the first few seasons. He's kind of the total opposite of Don and was a total Don wannabe in the beginning without a slick bone in his body. He was the love to hate character. But in the past season or so they've made him a lot more likeable and kind of funny. He's eased up, ever since he had to help Don.

I felt so bad for Pegs at the end of the new episode. And I like what they do with Joan... and...and... everyone :-D
Im such a dork for this show and none of my friends will watch it. :snooty:

HiGirlsRHot said:
LuckySmiles said:

lucky explained his characteristics very well, but

1. because he is god damn gorgy ;)
2. he speaks well, shows respect (taking off his hat in the presence of a woman, etc.) and exudes confidence.
(one scene in particular i think about often is in one of the first episodes; pete cambell and don were in the elevator, a woman walks in and don immediately removes his hat, pete does not. don, then reaches over and removes petes hat for him and gives him a quick don draper chivalry lesson. that scene was super hot to me.)
3. a man in a suit. :drool:
4. but, mainly because we dont have to put up with him.

Like I know the first few episodes of the season always go kinda slow.. but this season feels so boring so far.. :?

and its the last one :crybaby: come onnnnn already.

LuckySmiles said:
Like I know the first few episodes of the season always go kinda slow.. but this season feels so boring so far.. :?
Really? I feel quite the opposite. This season is more exciting than the last for me.

AmberCutie said:
LuckySmiles said:
Really? I feel quite the opposite. This season is more exciting than the last for me.

I think the series probably peaked a couple of seasons ago..
I liked last weeks with Sally, but this weeks with Rogers hippie daughter was pretty meh. There are a ton of good shows on Sunday night and I'm finding that Mad Men is getting near the bottom of my list.

AmberCutie said:
LuckySmiles said:

I don't knows somebody needs to cheer up over there. Everyone keeps saying Don dies at the end because of the man falling in the opening credits. If it's one long build up to him killing himself at the end I'm not going to like it. Or maybe he fixes everything and someone throws him out a window I don't know... :think:
I thought for sure he'd gone off and done something different by now.

the last two episodes were really good and I am back to happy. And I have no idea what's going to happen next week for the end of the first half of the season!! But I think it will be a good one.

I like when don and peggy are back to friends. The end of this Sundays episode with them in the office and even the dancing made me cry like a girl. It wasn't even cheesy it was sweet!(<-me arguing with myself). I got the weird vibe that Don and Megan never see each other again when she was packing up some things things and saying something about wanting to "meet in another place away from everything besides NY or LA" :eek: i don't know...sketchy business...

LuckySmiles said:
the last two episodes were really good and I am back to happy. And I have no idea what's going to happen next week for the end of the first half of the season!! But I think it will be a good one.

I like when don and peggy are back to friends. The end of this Sundays episode with them in the office and even the dancing made me cry like a girl. It wasn't even cheesy it was sweet!(<-me arguing with myself). I got the weird vibe that Don and Megan never see each other again when she was packing up some things things and saying something about wanting to "meet in another place away from everything besides NY or LA" :eek: i don't know...sketchy business...

Yes I agree the last couple episodes were good and I thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the Peggy and Don scene. Pretty sure you are a girl so crying is allowed :crybaby: . The teaser for next week hinted that Don may leave the firm.

When I worked in advertising, on the client side, we'd often have creative that seemed just fine and communicated all the key messages. It made our immediate bosses happy. But in our hearts we knew it wasn't great work. Fortunately most of the time, the agencies creative director, or more often the VP of Marketing, who was super creative, would step in at the last minute and tell us to start over. Last week episode did a great job of capturing the tension between the "fuck I really don't work this weekend and the I feel guilty doing mediocre work."

HiGirlsRHot said:
The teaser for next week hinted that Don may leave the firm.

But it also was only past scenes. Usually they'll show new scenes from the upcoming episode but they didn't give away any. It was only the clips like they show at the start of an episode to catch you up. Tricky Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.