AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MAJOR ISSUE

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2016
North East Earth
Twitter Username
@CAmericum
Streamate Username
throughthelookingglass
Chaturbate Username
Captainamericum
I am a male cam model on CB, I have been there 6 months, I would average 4-5 hundred viewers per show every weekend, these last 3 weekends I can't get 10?! Can someone please she some light on this situation. I would average 500 a weekend and I have 6k followers.

So confused and frustrated...

I would start with perhaps trying to glean any tip and tricks out of this thread first. On your CB profile you say you'll be on three weekends a month, and you're unscheduled on your SM account. Being on that little/hopping on at random can cut down on viewers as they either won't know when you plan to be on and will give up, or they'll assume you're so rarely on that they don't feel like watching. If you can't cam more hours than that, I'd suggest working on Skype sites like Skyprivate or Cammodeldirectory under the same name to build more followers. Clip/phone sites wouldn't hurt this either.

If you click the complete link of my links option in my signature you'll see a lot of options for getting your name out there.

(I don't cam on CB so take this with a grain of salt) Wasn't there some sort of glitch where streamers would sometimes show as offline even if they're on?

If I remember right there's also a glitch that doesn't email out that you're broadcasting. Which would suck. It'd be like the MFC twitter feature not working.

(I don't cam on CB so take this with a grain of salt) Wasn't there some sort of glitch where streamers would sometimes show as offline even if they're on?

Yes, stuff like that happens and it can kill your room count. Especially if you belong to a niche group and depend on traffic from a particular hashtag but aren't showing up. I always check to make sure I show up where I should be and reset my room topic and refresh if I'm not, sometimes that helps.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Magnolia
Yes, stuff like that happens and it can kill your room count. Especially if you belong to a niche group and depend on traffic from a particular hashtag but aren't showing up. I always check to make sure I show up where I should be and reset my room topic and refresh if I'm not, sometimes that helps.
How do I check? just by checking while logged out?

ow do I check? just by checking while logged out?

I bring up a second tab and go to a hashtag I've tagged myself in and make sure I'm coming up where I'm supposed to. You can stay logged in on Chaturbate, it doesn't seem to be touchy about multiple pages logged in. At least not on chrome.

I have had 10 viewers max all weekend, I know it's easter but... 18 tokens... vs 15k average
Unless I clicked into the wrong room the other evening, you seemed to be broadcasting from your phone.

Is this what you did all weekend? Because the quality of the stream was really lacking, and your hand constantly in the camera (since it's your phone and all) was a major distraction.

Unless I clicked into the wrong room the other evening, you seemed to be broadcasting from your phone.

Is this what you did all weekend? Because the quality of the stream was really lacking, and your hand constantly in the camera (since it's your phone and all) was a major distraction.

I wasn't even aware that you could broadcast from a phone, plz explain this phenomenon. o_O

I wasn't even aware that you could broadcast from a phone, plz explain this phenomenon. o_O

Usually it's not broadcasting from the phone itself. It's using an app like IP webcam to turn your phone cam into a source then attach that to your encoder (OBS or whatever).

These camera are usually horrible and lower resolution and very hard to watch unless you're also running a stabilizer app which is further adding to the camera delay.

Typically it's what people do till they can afford a logitech or more common webcam.

There are broadcaster apps for the phone to stream directly but you won't be able to see your chat without a separate device anyways.

I wasn't aware of it either, this is the first time I saw it.

Reactions: ShyCollegeSlut

That was only for 10 minutes, testing out the puffin browser , the other 15 hrs was with my pro set up...

Very occasionally, usually during a couples show, I will switch to my phone camera to get the right shot. I use the PocketCam app which turns my phone into a wireless webcam. I just switch cameras on my broadcast settings. The camera quality is awful compared to my c920 but playing twister with a camera tripod to get a 'just so' angle can cause comedy and injury.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tilly
I noticed over Easter weekend that Chaturbate was unusually dead. Not only from the viewer side of things, but also from the broadcaster. There are usually 30+ pages of cams on the Featured tab, but that weekend I was only seeing maybe 14 tops. I don't think that any of my regular girls were online and they all work for Eastern European cam studios. So, that weekend in particular could have just been because the site in general was dead.

I was logged in over the Easter weekend and had a fairly full room Saturday and Sunday evening.. no issues apart from a somewhat dead room early Sunday afternoon but I don't usually logon then so I assumed it was that.

you said they all follow you on twitter, what's the feedback you're getting? can they not see your room as online?

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Some people can see me and others can't... I had over 100 viewers last night if that tells you anything. I emailed CB support on Friday and you know how that goes -_-

good luck.
(my account has some bug where my username doesn't change color to reflect tipping behavior. still unresolved.)

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Maxxx
Do you have any locations blocked, specifically your own? You wouldn't be able to see yourself if you do.

The surest way to get CB to ignore you is to send multiple emails about the same topic within 24hrs. You gotta give them time to respond.

I know you said you've got a pro set up, but your cam was being jerky and dropping frames for me. What are your internet speeds? Are you hardwired in or using wifi?

You're showing up at the bottom of page 1 for Guys for me. So you ARE visible.

Last edited:
I have a whole list of suggestions/critiques, but I don't want to sound like a hateful bitch. I will say that your cam kept going offline and you'd disappear from the site repeatedly. Which points to a connection issue somewhere.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Status
Not open for further replies.