AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Male, new to this are people trying to scam me?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2016
Hello,
Tanks for all the great content here really love it. I have been doing this for about a week, really like it and so far I'm getting people to come in my room which makes me happy. Now I'm a straight male and from what I'm told good looking, I'm having at least one or two women that talk to me and ask me to go to Skype. While I would love to do that even just to talk doesn't need to be about sex from what I've read around the internet I feel like I'm be scammed for black male or something?

I read you can be lured into Skype where they record you and then try and get you to do things or else they release you're videos? I don't quite understand but I keep getting asked to go to Skype and it's usally someone that has a profile that says there are female and in their 20's.

Another person I felt like was a dude acting like a female, I just can't tell if there people are legit or not.

Does anyone have any advice on this it's really bugging me. I really want to just talk to this one girl but I'm afraid I'm being set up.

Thanks all!

There is no way to tell if anyone is legit, and I would be very suspicious about any members claiming to be female and wanting to Skype with you. It is probably a guy preying on you because you are new. I do have to say if you are worried about getting recorded this is not a job for you. You have probably already been recorded by bots and your content is already on the internet forever. So if this troubles you think long and hard about continuing.

Well make sure you get paid in a way that is non retractable

Take steps as best you can to be secure with your personal information so you can't be used to blackmail beyond "I will post stuff online!"

^ Even if they did have your personal info, blackmailers usually go through with whatever threat they say if you do more or not, they're sick people like that and get off on trying to humiliate others.

If you don't like the idea of being recorded and it posted online, as Kitsune says above, this job isn't for you because it will happen; of course that doesn't make it right, but sadly it's just the reality of being a cam model

You also have to be prepared for your family/friend to some day come across your new career

^ All though I do kind of think that is less likely if you're a man as men are less popular generally (could be wrong)

ps. You're probably right not to believe anything anyone says, treat it all as a role play.

If you are going to do a skype show (or any show, or anything for that matter) The best way to make sure you dont get scammed is to set a price you are comfortable with and make sure they pay that price first before you do the skype show. Have a set amount they need to tip on your cam site for a set amount of time on skype say for example 500 tokens for a 10 minute skype show. Or ive done amazon gift cards for skype shows before. I just always make sure that i have redeemed the gift card into my account and it went through before I do the show. Most of the scams I see members try to pull on newbies is trying to get them to give away something saying they will "tip after" and 99% of the time they are lying. And dont do anything you arent comfortable with. Stay in charge of your room and confident in yourself and you should have no problem avoiding most scams. Unfortunately id say its better safe than sorry in most cases, if someone makes you uncomfortable in any way, dont waste your time with them!

As always: if something sounds too good to be true: it probably is. Be careful. Whenever you can, use token systems or skyprivate for skype shows. Be weary of Paypal etc. I think it's best to do skype only with a select few people that you trust instead of everyone who enters and promises mountains of gold.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Just make sure you get your payment up front before you do your show and it should be good. You will definitely get recorded at some point and some sites actually record your privates for future viewing. So if it's not something you're comfortable with, then you have some things to think about. If you're more worried about getting scammed, just make sure you get your payment beforehand. Don't accept paypal since they can chargeback quite easily and get your paypal account banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.