AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mama's- Medication and Pregnancy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2013
helllooooo, lovely ladies.

quick background: i'm going to be 23. i'm on 50 mg of Savella for my diagnosed fibromyalgia, and .5 mg of Klonopin to counteract the Savella's tendency to keep me awake at night and as needed for anxiety. I very much want to have a baby, and my boyfriend and i are starting to discuss me weaning off/changing the medication because of it affecting fertility and i'm getting mixed signals from various pregnancy forums.

anybody have any insight? i know that no medication is better, and while i know the kind of pain i'd be in without the savella, it's worth it to give a baby the best shot i can...

thanks in advance :) xo

Scarlett_Skye said:

quick background: i'm going to be 23. i'm on 50 mg of Savella for my diagnosed fibromyalgia, and .5 mg of Klonopin to counteract the Savella's tendency to keep me awake at night and as needed for anxiety. I very much want to have a baby, and my boyfriend and i are starting to discuss me weaning off/changing the medication because of it affecting fertility and i'm getting mixed signals from various pregnancy forums.

anybody have any insight? i know that no medication is better, and while i know the kind of pain i'd be in without the savella, it's worth it to give a baby the best shot i can...

I don't have any advice, but this did not post in the MO section. Eeeep! Wasn't sure if you wanted it out there like that, as it is a slightly private matter.

Reactions: Scarlett_Skye
I don't have any advice, but have dealt with lots of issues with fertility so I can understand where you're coming from with making this decision. Hope you guys figure everything out and get the outcome you want. :)

I can't remember the name at the moment and all my books are in storage at the moment but I believe the Mayo Clinic has a book that lists all sorts of medications and other things and how dangerous they are to your pregnancy. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Scarlett_Skye said:

Not a mother myself, but there's a pregnancy risk ranking system for medications (here's the wikipedia article).

K-pin is a class D, so it can harm a fetus, but lack of sleep and anxiety can also be harmful to fetuses.

Savella is a class C, which basically means "we don't know" if it's harmful to human fetuses. In that case, doctors typically look at which is risk if greater, considering both your and the potential fetus's health: your symptoms uncontrolled vs the potential fetal harm from the medication.

You should def speak with your current doctor and an OB-GYN, especially to see if there's a more preg-friendly alternative to the klonopin for sleep that would be a viable option for you.

PS: Be careful if you're going to lower your dose/stop taking those meds. They can have serious discontinuation effects, so you gotta do it under medical supervision. Be safe, dude!

Reactions: Scarlett_Skye
Please talk to your doctor. There are probably options available to you which are safe to use during pregnancy. Leaving your fybromialgia and anxiety/sleep problems untreated during a 9 month pregnancy is probably not good either.
Not all medication is evil, and going off consistency dependent medication too quickly can have really bad side effects.

The internet is not the place to go for expert opinions, especially those relevant to the health of you and your baby.

But my opinion is to put a fucking condom on it and put off kids until later.

Attachments

• il_570xN.457263093_tsmg.jpg
    il_570xN.457263093_tsmg.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.