AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids.com - Sell vids, links, skype and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlisaMae @ManyVids Just a guess, but I'm assuming if they bought a video as a non-member, they will know longer have it in their possession. Is this correct?

MV score is WORSE than camscore. I sold 4 videos last night among a few others in the last week (More than i've ever sold, as I've only had 3 payouts since I signed up for MV in October of last year) and my rank dropped along with my "MV Score"... I'm not interested in working on another site with this type of scoring system that only benefits the top girls. After the new scoring system my sales stayed the same even though I went from being in the top 100 to hovering in the high 300s. Everytime I sale my rank seems to go down even though there's a green up arrow.

Last edited:
MV score is WORSE than camscore. I sold 4 videos last night among a few others in the last week (More than i've ever sold, as I've only had 3 payouts since I signed up for MV in October of last year) an my rank dropped along with my "MV Score"... I'm not interested in working on another site with this type of scoring system that only benefits the top girls. After the new scoring system my sales stayed the same even though I went from being in the top 100 to hovering in the high 300s. Everytime I sale my rank seems to go down even though there's a green up arrow.
Mine seems to be doing the same thing and after my last big sale, my rank dropped like 20 points (down for a total of 50 this month) and now sales have slowed to pretty much a dead hault.

I loathe anything resembling competition, hate it with a passion, so if this continues on like mfc, then I'll probably jump ship.

• Helpful!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Puffin and Gen
Mine seems to be doing the same thing and after my last big sale, my rank dropped like 20 points (down for a total of 50 this month) and now sales have slowed to pretty much a dead hault.

I loathe anything resembling competition, hate it with a passion, so if this continues on like mfc, then I'll probably jump ship.
Yeah, I've even had a few full reviews done recently which are supposed to help and have even sold two $40 videos with basically NO change to my rank.

• Sorry to hear that.
  • Hugs
Reactions: Puffin and Rose
If you blocked your region you will not see your vids in the search. This is to protect your identity and not show XXX material to people you dont want. In the MVgirl page that filter is not there until you click on the profile. Profile pics are non nude.

Hey - sorry for the delay, I just checked my settings, and I don't have any regions blocked. Basically what happened is this: I searched "bbw" in the search bar. When I clicked "MV Girls related to bbw", I'm not listed. That page is just the girls profile photos (non-nude) so I don't think the region search would matter anyways. The vast majority of my videos are in the BBW category, so I'm not sure why I'm not listed there? I just thought it was interesting because I know you guys have worked on your search but that was my first effort at searching and I didn't show up :( Again, I did show up when I searched by body type, so it's not like it just didn't show me because I was on my account.

Also just want to complain about one more thing :)D) - I really, really wish you'd change the body type options. "Heavyset" to me sounds like an old man. BBW is the common term and a lot nicer sounding.

Thank you!

Yes hello I am back with two questions. If anyone knows the answer lemme know!

1) Is there a way to view all of our reviews or see which videos have reviews aside from just clicking on each video individually?

2) Is there a way to message a member directly from their profile? I know we can leave comments on their profile, and I know in my "inbox" area there's a spot to compose a message, but when I pasted the member's name into the "to" section, it said the user didn't exist. I don't like to leave thank yous on the members profile wall because I know on other sites that makes them an even bigger magnet for the spammy comments certain girls leave.

Thank you!

Yes hello I am back with two questions. If anyone knows the answer lemme know!

1) Is there a way to view all of our reviews or see which videos have reviews aside from just clicking on each video individually?

2) Is there a way to message a member directly from their profile? I know we can leave comments on their profile, and I know in my "inbox" area there's a spot to compose a message, but when I pasted the member's name into the "to" section, it said the user didn't exist. I don't like to leave thank yous on the members profile wall because I know on other sites that makes them an even bigger magnet for the spammy comments certain girls leave.

Thank you!
Hi and sorry for the late response. I didnt see your message! Just because you tagged some vids as BBW, doesnt mean you will come back as BBW as a girl search. For vids, yes of course. There is a reason for this in the near future. If you want to be in those results, you must write BBW in your description of your profile. The MV girl search is usually used (according to stats and search keywords logged) to find a name pretty much all the time. We extended it to the description, so this is what you need to do to appear in it.

1) Soon there will be. Right now, if you go to your earnings history, it will show you which ones got reviewed. We are working for 1 place to view it all

2) Yes! If you click on the user's name, you can message him directly.

Anthony

Thank you @ManyVids!! :) I appreciate your help!

Not sure about the teaser (even when I know it's there, I tend to think dang it I didn't mean to start it playing!), but the outline flashing after an upload is kinda cool.

Which pretty much makes the PM feature useless if it's just one way.
We are actually changing it soon so that a user can reply if the MV girl has messaged him first. This was in place in order to avoid spammers and fill up MV girl's email inboxes with spam notifications.

Also, currently, you can message an MV girl if you bought a Store item, service, membership from her without having to upgrade to premium.

Anthony

MV score is WORSE than camscore. I sold 4 videos last night among a few others in the last week (More than i've ever sold, as I've only had 3 payouts since I signed up for MV in October of last year) and my rank dropped along with my "MV Score"... I'm not interested in working on another site with this type of scoring system that only benefits the top girls. After the new scoring system my sales stayed the same even though I went from being in the top 100 to hovering in the high 300s. Everytime I sale my rank seems to go down even though there's a green up arrow.
To be honest even though there is a scoring system, it doesnt impact your sales really. Due to the search being pretty advanced, users tend to search through vids for content. The score is purely more a motivational scale. If you are 200 or 30th, and put the exact same effort, you will make the same amount. Only different is you will go from 30th to 200th.

We made sure the Score does not impact much your actual visibility on the site.

Then what is the point of the score? Just to be motivational?
If it's just meant to be motivational then it's doing the exact opposite.

If it's just meant to be motivational then it's doing the exact opposite.
Nothing motivates more than selling obviously, and the score is simply a base to point everyone in the right direction. If an MV girl follows exactly what makes your base score AND what gives you points for activity, you will sell more. We know the recipes to sell. This lands you in the top 100. Then to get 1st it's all about amount of sales, which is not influenced by the score, but more about how many fans you have following you, content found on site and found through our search and google, exclusivity, traffic driven from live shows on other sites, etc...

It's never fun to see your score go down and lose a spot, and I understand this... At least you know it will not be a factor for how much you will earn on the next pay period. Your vids and store items are what counts. Tag them well, write good descriptions and titles, promote them too. Your content will be found. We don't rank vids according to score. Purely on matching keywords.

Anthony

Nothing motivates more than selling obviously, and the score is simply a base to point everyone in the right direction. If an MV girl follows exactly what makes your base score AND what gives you points for activity, you will sell more. We know the recipes to sell. This lands you in the top 100. Then to get 1st it's all about amount of sales, which is not influenced by the score, but more about how many fans you have following you, content found on site and found through our search and google, exclusivity, traffic driven from live shows on other sites, etc...

It's never fun to see your score go down and lose a spot, and I understand this... At least you know it will not be a factor for how much you will earn on the next pay period. Your vids and store items are what counts. Tag them well, write good descriptions and titles, promote them too. Your content will be found. We don't rank vids according to score. Purely on matching keywords.

Anthony
Even of my score was going up, I still wouldn't like it. Anything remotely competitive makes me want to run for the hills.

I'm going to drop by this suggestion on recently adding captcha so that clipdrone is not compatible for mv anymore:

I feel like that's not a very smart move on mv's part. Just because it's not the majority now doesn't mean it's not a good investment (on not many models using cd). I could see clipdrone seriously taking off after the beta testing stage. Like I just busted ass last night and at the simple click of a few more buttons all 120+ of my vanilla videos could have been uploaded there. Now I don't really know how much $ those would have generated but when I had about 15 of my videos up there I made payout a few times. Having more content means more traffic and you're not going to get the MOST content if it's not easy for the models to upload their already massive libraries.

Last edited:
ManyVids said:

Anthony

I see but, if it it doesn't impact sales and it's not a factor in the next pay period, why do we need to follow exactly what makes our base score to sell more? Also, what counts as activity? Is it stuff like uploading videos and pics, or something else too that I'm missing?

I also have a question about the search function. You mentioned the videos weren't ranked according to score, but purely on matching keywords. How are they ordered if they're not affected by the seller's score? Is it by views, amount of sales, hearts, alphabetically, randomly each time...?

It's been almost a month with no changes to the minimum payout system, unfortunately. I'd like to express again my extreme disappointment in this feature. As others have stated, most competitors of MV have the minimum payout to be $50 and will directly deposit into your bank account. $100 to receive a check and $500 for a direct deposit is not only very high but also unobtainable by the majority of the girls on MV, especially in a timely manner.

As of right now, I am MV girl 660 of 3,259 girls. This means I am in the top 20%, doing better than 80% of the girls on the site. To date, I have made $44.55. In other words, $44.55 is doing better than 80% of the MV girls. If this doesn't paint a picture of how little girls make on this website, I don't know what will. This also means that over 80% of MV models are unable to get paid in a timely manner due to the minimum payout requirements. A girl noted in this very thread that she's waited something like 6 months for $100. This is a huge problem and one I truly believe MV has to take much more seriously. What kind of model wants to continue to promote a website with so little potential, especially to receive payment, but also in that it only favors top models? How do we even begin to take this website seriously? I sure don't.

About the only *almost* good feature of this site is that you can create a link for members to download a video from MV but MV requires the user to sign up. As stated in the other MV thread, members really dislike having to sign up but MV has stated they most likely won't change this feature. I therefore don't even use this feature anymore and use a different host that does not require sign ups. So, any leads you get from me and most likely many others with this strong feature are gone due to this requirement.

To further paint a picture, I sold $29.95 worth of videos (total, my cut is lower of course) in one day and obtained the reward for 3rd highest MV girl of the day. There are just no words to express how this amount of money could be worthy of the 3rd top earner of the day on the entire site. Unless I'm just a total clip site rookie, which could be possible, since I'm coming from a cam site background.

All of this really makes me wonder, how many girls can actually make the $100 minimum requirement in, say, a month? Which is still a pretty awful rate but I think it's safe to assume most of the girls on the site are using MV as a back up site next to their main ones (which should really tell you something MV). And please don't mention Payoneer with the $50 minimum requirement because MV doesn't even have direct deposit set up with Payoneer. You have to use the Payoneer card which has its own set of fees ($12.95 to activate, for starters) to even receive your money.

Very little earnings + unrealistically high minimum payout requirements that can take half a year or more to receive + favoritism to only the top shops = Not a recipe for success.

I apologize if this came across as harsh but I hope this feedback can be used to improve the site for all of the models that use it. As for me, I will give MV a little more time but will most likely not waste my time uploading videos and will close my account (if anything to speed up the getting paid process) if it continues to be like this.

Thank you!

I think if the activity scroll showed only what's been put up for sale it would help everyone earn more. Everyone I feel ignores the activity bar, because all it is is constant free hearts/favoriting of content that isn't even likely being purchased. Very rarely do I see "New store item" with a pic, or a new video. I scrolled through from top to bottom just now, and only found one picture of a store item that was posted. Everything else was so-and-so loved such-and-such video (most likely without paying a dime).

If we remove all the hearts from the activity, it'll only promote people by how hard they work to upload content. Buyers will more likely pay attention there too, since there will be a pic with it.

To further paint a picture, I sold $29.95 worth of videos (total, my cut is lower of course) in one day and obtained the reward for 3rd highest MV girl of the day.
This is interesting. My profile has $25+ sales quite regularly, even had $80+ in the last two months but I was never in any "top" at all.
To me, the whole rating system is weird and I cannot understand it even after all the explanations, simply because practice doesn't agree with the theory we read here.

Edit: Apparently, the 3rd placement for all girls was a bug. But still doesn't change the confusing system issue.

Last edited:
This is interesting. My profile has $25+ sales quite regularly, even had $80+ in the last two months but I was never in any "top" at all.
To me, the whole rating system is weird and I cannot understand it even after all the explanations, simply because practice doesn't agree with the theory we read here.

Edit: Apparently, the 3rd placement for all girls was a bug. But still doesn't change the confusing system issue.

Oh wow, it was a bug? Haha, well, this certainly doesn't make things better. Despite $29.95 not truly being third place, being in the top 20% with $44.55 total to date still is a nice reality check.

Although, as I read more of this thread as I'm not as much half asleep, it seems the placement isn't based on sales but rather "just for motivation"? I don't even know what to say... what? That should be removed... just.... really?

I certainly agree with @Ann_Sulu that all that heart stuff should be removed completely but at least on the activity bar.

I forgot to mention in my post, too, that it seems measures should be taken to acquire more traffic alongside reducing the minimum payment requirement.

Not having high hopes for this one :/

It's been almost a month with no changes to the minimum payout system, unfortunately. I'd like to express again my extreme disappointment in this feature. As others have stated, most competitors of MV have the minimum payout to be $50 and will directly deposit into your bank account. $100 to receive a check and $500 for a direct deposit is not only very high but also unobtainable by the majority of the girls on MV, especially in a timely manner.

As of right now, I am MV girl 660 of 3,259 girls. This means I am in the top 20%, doing better than 80% of the girls on the site. To date, I have made $44.55. In other words, $44.55 is doing better than 80% of the MV girls. If this doesn't paint a picture of how little girls make on this website, I don't know what will. This also means that over 80% of MV models are unable to get paid in a timely manner due to the minimum payout requirements. A girl noted in this very thread that she's waited something like 6 months for $100. This is a huge problem and one I truly believe MV has to take much more seriously. What kind of model wants to continue to promote a website with so little potential, especially to receive payment, but also in that it only favors top models? How do we even begin to take this website seriously? I sure don't.

About the only *almost* good feature of this site is that you can create a link for members to download a video from MV but MV requires the user to sign up. As stated in the other MV thread, members really dislike having to sign up but MV has stated they most likely won't change this feature. I therefore don't even use this feature anymore and use a different host that does not require sign ups. So, any leads you get from me and most likely many others with this strong feature are gone due to this requirement.

To further paint a picture, I sold $29.95 worth of videos (total, my cut is lower of course) in one day and obtained the reward for 3rd highest MV girl of the day. There are just no words to express how this amount of money could be worthy of the 3rd top earner of the day on the entire site. Unless I'm just a total clip site rookie, which could be possible, since I'm coming from a cam site background.

All of this really makes me wonder, how many girls can actually make the $100 minimum requirement in, say, a month? Which is still a pretty awful rate but I think it's safe to assume most of the girls on the site are using MV as a back up site next to their main ones (which should really tell you something MV). And please don't mention Payoneer with the $50 minimum requirement because MV doesn't even have direct deposit set up with Payoneer. You have to use the Payoneer card which has its own set of fees ($12.95 to activate, for starters) to even receive your money.

Very little earnings + unrealistically high minimum payout requirements that can take half a year or more to receive + favoritism to only the top shops = Not a recipe for success.

I apologize if this came across as harsh but I hope this feedback can be used to improve the site for all of the models that use it. As for me, I will give MV a little more time but will most likely not waste my time uploading videos and will close my account (if anything to speed up the getting paid process) if it continues to be like this.

Thank you!

Yeah, the sales are pretty slow and reaching payout takes ages. I've been there for almost a year and have made $71. It'll be ages before I get paid with the current minimum. I upload a lot of my C4S clips there, but I'll make in a week on C4S what I've taken nearly a year to make on MV.

Oh wow, it was a bug? Haha, well, this certainly doesn't make things better. Despite $29.95 not truly being third place, being in the top 20% with $44.55 total to date still is a nice reality check.

Although, as I read more of this thread as I'm not as much half asleep, it seems the placement isn't based on sales but rather "just for motivation"? I don't even know what to say... what? That should be removed... just.... really?

I certainly agree with @Ann_Sulu that all that heart stuff should be removed completely but at least on the activity bar.

I forgot to mention in my post, too, that it seems measures should be taken to acquire more traffic alongside reducing the minimum payment requirement.

Not having high hopes for this one :/

Just to clarify, the activity feed is being heavily reworked to only show useful activities. As for the Medals, it was a simple layout bug. We now show the top 20 stores in preview rotation instead of only the top 3, and the icon was not cleared correctly, showing the medal on other vids too. For a day everyone had a 3rd place medal on their own profile.

You can be in the top 20% and some models behind you are making more than you. This happens in the middle tier of the ranking, as we reward MV girls / studios that are active and have a wide variety of content. There are some that are below the top 20% making easily over a few hundred per paycheck. The ranking has nothing to do with how much you will sell the following period. Only having a wide selection of content and services, and an active profile will determine that.

As for traffic, we are still the fastest growing clipsite on the web (alexa.com/siteinfo/manyvids.com). At this rate, we will go from #2 to #1 by the end of the year, if not sooner, and surpasse C4S in daily traffic (without gay/transexual content on top of it).

For the minimum payment requirement, we keep working hard on getting this done. With the amount of volume we do, reducing it of even just 25$ has a huge impact on the business side because as you know it, we only receive the funds for a sale partially after a few weeks, and the remainder 6 months later (holdbacks). I know it seems simple from a Models perspective, but our goal is to have every 2 weeks a stable and problem free pay period. We all know what happened to Clipvi_a :S

PS: all we do everyday is keep building up our traffic. As you can see we have NEVER dipped in traffic, unlike every single one of our competitors. We have a dedicated team that keeps building our blog for SEO, and keep improving constantly our visibility on social networks. Its the only way to get quality traffic and takes hard work :)

:/
Dont get me wrong, sales do have a factor in the score, but so does:
- Base score
- Last uploaded vids in the past 45 days
- Last uploaded pics in the past 45 days
- Last created store items in the past 45 days
- Loves you received on your profile/content in the last 45 days
- Last reviews received in the past 45 days
- Last auto tweets from a linked twitter account in the past 45 days

Someone can have 2 vids and sell very well, but not a complete profile, and be behind in the score. Its just our way to reward active users and encourage them to add more content. If your rank increases to lets say 20th, that's not what will earn you more on a paycheck. We believe that if you follow the guidelines for a higher MV score, you will sell more because all of the above WILL result in more visibility to your profile, and you will earn more. We have had brand new MV girls simply ask us what they can to as a beginner to earn a great paycheck. We sent them those guidelines, and they reached payouts as a newbie to over 1,000/m. Sure its not as our top earners, but its a great start. We know the business inside out and know what it takes as a camgirl / studio to sell content in a very very competitive industry.

If you are interested on us helping you out, email pamela@manyvids.com
Also, here is a vid from AsianPrincess who also reached out to us:
https://www.manyvids.com/MV-TV/373/Secrets-To-Success/

Anthony

• Helpful!
Reactions: KylieJacobs and Gen
I see but, if it it doesn't impact sales and it's not a factor in the next pay period, why do we need to follow exactly what makes our base score to sell more? Also, what counts as activity? Is it stuff like uploading videos and pics, or something else too that I'm missing?

I also have a question about the search function. You mentioned the videos weren't ranked according to score, but purely on matching keywords. How are they ordered if they're not affected by the seller's score? Is it by views, amount of sales, hearts, alphabetically, randomly each time...?

As indicated, its a guideline we set so that if you do all the above I stated in the preview post, you will sell more. When you get to the top 50-100, sales has a HUGE impact on ranking, as most who appear there are pretty much following those guidelines, and purely sales rank them.

As for search, by default it ranks by Relevancy of the search terms (tags, title and description). Then you have a dropdown to rank according to your preference if you want another option than by relevancy (giving it a try is the best way to understand) ie: newest vid, most views, etc. Amount of sales and alphabetically is not an option, and on purpose! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.