AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids.com - Sell vids, links, skype and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question. When you do a custom video request. Does that include the video when it's done or would I have to buy the video separate? The model I'm working with hadn't used the option before and didn't know.

A quick question. When you do a custom video request. Does that include the video when it's done or would I have to buy the video separate? The model I'm working with hadn't used the option before and didn't know.
You purchase the time upfront using her custom vid options.
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.28.23 AM.png

Then select the amount of time you want:
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.29.10 AM.png

After you check out and she makes the vid, when she uploads the video she'll get this option:
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.30.33 AM.png

Once the vid is uploaded she'll come to a page with these options. She can choose to send it to you, the purchaser, and either post it on her MV or not (if you purchased an exclusive vid).
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 12.38.47 AM.png

Hope that helps!

Can models disable the custom feature?

Also really curious how robust MV's promotion features are. I know you can do promo codes for X% off that are timed, wonder what other rule combinations are possible.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Vert interesting indeed. Hopefully its not too late to switch, we just renewed with CrazyEgg. :)

Did you have a chance to look at Hotjar? The screen recordings alone makes it worth the cost. And I imagine models would love to be able to find out from someone if people are looking at their top row of videos or scrolling down to other rows or which video pages have highest abandoned rate, etc.

A model friend mentioned to me recently that ManyVids now shows models when/who buys a video or product. Is this something that could be batched to look at all sales in a day/week/month, with types of items shown, the title of the item, user screenname, etc?

In case you missed today's announcement:
We are the FIRST in the adult industry to offer Worldwide direct deposit FREE of charge, and in your local currency. No more 30$ fees on the clipsite side, and wire fees on the bank side, no more USD to local currency bank rate fees, and No more payoneer fees!!!

Are you an MV Girl or Studio who is tired of waiting on checks to arrive in the mail or having to pay wire transfer fees for your money to be deposited?
Great News! We are happy and proud to announce that our FREE direct deposit option has now been extended to almost 40 countries!*

That's right - you don't have to live in the US to benefit!

We are supporting more currencies now as well so you will be able to select between CAD, USD, GBP, Euro, etc.
You will be able to receive your funds in your own currency at no charge!

Full article: https://www.manyvids.com/Article/2234/FREE-Direct-Deposit-to-38-Countries/

Considering the confusion here and from the tweets, maybe it would make sense to either rethink this feature or to improve the messaging around it. From what I can find, the tweet is something like 'your fans are voting for you @ManyVids http://www.manyvids.com ' . Voting for what? A tweet like that coming out of nowhere with little information can lead to confusion (as I've seen it happen before) . Perhaps if you changed to 'your fans are voting for you @ManyVids saying they want to see you there http://www.manyvids.com' , it would be better (and it's still less than 100 characters so you can tweet at the model). I would also suggest using an URL that points to an explanation of the voting and how you get the pictures to reduce the confusion even further.
We haven't had any model we featured complain about it... as soon as they are posted, they get a tweet with a mention which makes them aware right away. A link straight to their twitter is on there as well. They get free advertisement to over 10k users a day for the time they are present. What cam girl wouldn't want free promo and more twitter followers :)
A model that blocks their state on their cam site and only shows cleave or butt shots on Twitter and who is using many vids to discreetly deliver videos to cam customers that won or bought them. Duh

I use Manyvids quite often. Because of countless scams in the past when paying for customs with gift cards or tokens, using MV is by far the best option when buying customs imo. Their customer service is nice to deal with most of the times.

They have lots of work to do on their site when it comes to functionality though. Here are some of my suggestions as a customer:

1. There's no way to contact a model about a custom order via the site unless you pay an MV membership fee (which is BS). You can always try and write on her Wall but since you don't get any notifications when someone writes on your wall, in 9 cases of 10 she will never see it. So your best bet is to contact her via mail or Twitter if she's given out that information.
Making it easier to contact a model about a custom order would most likely mean that more people order customs?

2. An escrow system for custom orders would be the best way imo. Like ELM has. Would prevent alot of missunderstandings and scam tries.

3. I found out that there is no way to remove a model from your "Heart"-list if she has banned you. This seems like a pretty easy "feature" to add. Also that you don't get up results from models who you have banned or who has banned you when searching for vids etc.

4. A review/feedback system, like Ebay. As of right now there's no way for me to know if a model provides good orders or not beforehand.

5. Add lots of options to your search functions. Would like to be able to search on all attributes that you can fill in as a model. Would also like to be able to not search on studios.

Cheers :)

I use Manyvids quite often. Because of countless scams in the past when paying for customs with gift cards or tokens, using MV is by far the best option when buying customs imo. Their customer service is nice to deal with most of the times.

They have lots of work to do on their site when it comes to functionality though. Here are some of my suggestions as a customer:

1. There's no way to contact a model about a custom order via the site unless you pay an MV membership fee (which is BS). You can always try and write on her Wall but since you don't get any notifications when someone writes on your wall, in 9 cases of 10 she will never see it. So your best bet is to contact her via mail or Twitter if she's given out that information.
Making it easier to contact a model about a custom order would most likely mean that more people order customs?

2. An escrow system for custom orders would be the best way imo. Like ELM has. Would prevent alot of missunderstandings and scam tries.

3. I found out that there is no way to remove a model from your "Heart"-list if she has banned you. This seems like a pretty easy "feature" to add. Also that you don't get up results from models who you have banned or who has banned you when searching for vids etc.

4. A review/feedback system, like Ebay. As of right now there's no way for me to know if a model provides good orders or not beforehand.

5. Add lots of options to your search functions. Would like to be able to search on all attributes that you can fill in as a model. Would also like to be able to not search on studios.

Cheers :)

Ty for the great feedback.

We are greatly improving out Custom Vids feature, so expect to see some great changes over the next few weeks!
The review system also will eventually be added for these types of services.
We will checkout the rest of your suggestions and forward them to our team for analysis.

Thanks!

Reactions: kylexy
Ty for the great feedback.

We are greatly improving out Custom Vids feature, so expect to see some great changes over the next few weeks!
The review system also will eventually be added for these types of services.
We will checkout the rest of your suggestions and forward them to our team for analysis.

Thanks!
How does one go about submitting their own tags? Sometimes when I upload a video, there are not really enough tags to properly define it, and ones I try to enter manually give me an error. Are the ones already there the only ones we'll ever be able to use or am I missing something?

How does one go about submitting their own tags? Sometimes when I upload a video, there are not really enough tags to properly define it, and ones I try to enter manually give me an error. Are the ones already there the only ones we'll ever be able to use or am I missing something?

Here is a list of all available tags right now: https://www.manyvids.com/Accepted-Categories/

That might help you when you're trying to find one. You can always use "Ctrl F" and try searching on a word to see if it's there.

I'm not sure about submitting tags though...

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Thanks, yeah I've visited that list but sometimes the word I need is nowhere to be found. :(

Yes I'm often wondering the same thing! For my fetish vids there are not enough true tags.. I'll have to choose tags that don't really apply. I'd love to able to add our own tags, or for you guys to include more fetish tags!

Yes I'm often wondering the same thing! For my fetish vids there are not enough true tags.. I'll have to choose tags that don't really apply. I'd love to able to add our own tags, or for you guys to include more fetish tags!
I keep looking for something simple as "posing" or "teasing" and there's just nothing available that fits those for me. Those words seem like something that should be common, no?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Categories like peeing, eating, smoking need more tags considering you are required to have 3 tags! Yes some are very common sense.. I tried using cute the other day, it wasn't there

Categories like peeing, eating, smoking need more tags considering you are required to have 3 tags! Yes some are very common sense.. I tried using cute the other day, it wasn't there

You could use "fetish" & "brunette" for the other 2 tags for the time being. They definitely need to add more tags though....

I don't think anyone at ManyVIds put much thought into just how spammy their new sales tweeting "feature" would really be. For any one individual model, tweeting out a sold video or some multiple of sales is not necessarily very spammy,

When you follow 100 models, and they all sell on MV and they are all now tweeting out individual sales, you've just made my twitter feed unusable. Thanks!

For now, I'm filtering out any tweet with the word ManyVids in it, which is a shame, because one of ways I would know about *new* videos previously was through Twitter.

For now, I'm filtering out any tweet with the word ManyVids in it, which is a shame, because one of ways I would know about *new* videos previously was through Twitter.
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Especially because they defaulted every single person who has an attached Twitter account to ON for EVERY sale.

For now, I'm filtering out any tweet with the word ManyVids in it

Had to do that too. But i use manyvids.com. That way if a model does tweet on her own and mention "many vids" or "manyvids" it will still show. But the automated sale tweets seem to have the full web address in them. So that gets all of those.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Especially because they defaulted every single person who has an attached Twitter account to ON for EVERY sale.

Not only that, but it seems like it posts it for every video sold even if it was part of a large purchase, which leads to a lot of spam - looking at my twitter feed right now, I see a case where it tweeted 9 times in one minute to a single model's account.

It kinda filters out the chance of not established and new models dont have a way to get seen without trying to fight through spam.. ive made a couple of sales, but i have ZERO clue how they manage to find me... Lower ranked models dont have any output to get their stuff viewed as much now...

Not only that, but it seems like it posts it for every video sold even if it was part of a large purchase, which leads to a lot of spam - looking at my twitter feed right now, I see a case where it tweeted 9 times in one minute to a single model's account.
MV sends us our sales emails like that too. One person buys 8 vids we get 8 emails.

As if the Manyvids autotweets weren't bad enough I just confused "sale" (just sold!) for "sale" (come get a discount!) and I am PISSED

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: TattooedMilfyMama
As if the Manyvids autotweets weren't bad enough I just confused "sale" (just sold!) for "sale" (come get a discount!) and I am PISSED

My brain instantly went to this. sorry not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.