AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Marvel & Netflix Luke Cage

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2010
New Jersey
twitter.com
Twitter Username
@OtaconErnie
MFC Username
ErnieFenix
So I just finished the Neflix series Luke Cage and I have to say the feel of the series is different from anything the Marvel Netflix shows have brought. I was not to happy with the way it ended but the series as a whole was fantastic, well paced story, and the action was very good. It was basically a modern day blaxplotation series of the Marvel comics superhero and good set up for The Defenders coming in 2017. I want your opinions on the series, did you see it? What did you think good or bad? Also...NO SPOILERS!

Reactions: Gen
I started watching luke cage this weekend. I have to say it has some great music in it. It definitely has it's own sense of pacing, which is different then other marvel tv series or movies. If you look at the other marvel tv series, they both have their own 'feel' to it.

Overall I liked it, but I think they could have cut at least three episodes. It really dragged in the middle. Also, WTF happened with no Jessica Jones references? Felt like a retcon. On the plus side a lot of Night Nurse and some really good music.

Overall I liked it, but I think they could have cut at least three episodes. It really dragged in the middle. Also, WTF happened with no Jessica Jones references? Felt like a retcon. On the plus side a lot of Night Nurse and some really good music.
She was referenced in the first episode. She is the "rebound chick who put a shotgun to his jaw and pulled the trigger"

Reactions: Nordling
She was referenced in the first episode. She is the "rebound chick who put a shotgun to his jaw and pulled the trigger"
I forgot that one. One of the nice things about these series is they've done a decent job pulling them together, but it just seemed like a glaring absence that Jessica Jones had no role at all in Luke's series when Luke played such a big part in Jessica's.

Also, damn, Mike Colter is a fucking beast.

Jessica Jones was vaguely mentioned when he says he's been running away from things, her being one.

I watched my first episode over the weekend. I found it well written and acted, but a bit depressing.

I'm almost done with the season, really wished I had read the comic way back. Love the references to Daredevil and Jessica Jones here and there. I definitely enjoyed the talks between Cage and Pops..damn.

Reactions: fandango
A bit late but I finally binge watched it over the last few days while I've been off work sick. I loved it, I thought it was the best Netflix/Marvel show yet. The acting, story, fight scenes everything was great and I especially loved the music, some of the cameos they managed to sneak in were amazing and fit in perfectly with what was going on at that particular time. I was just sad it was only 13 episodes

I absolutely loved it! The ending did leave me wanting, though. And as a comics fan, I was disappointed with how they really seemed to completely cast out Jessica. :/

I thought the music was great, but I was disappointed that the show, and all of the Marvel shows on Netflix, do not tie to each other a little better than just some conversational references here and there or the occasional character cameo.

Overall, the show was put together very well and the acting was great. I will say that all the Netflix Marvel shows seems to have their own them/formula that is distinct, unlike how the MCU is currently, that makes them much more enjoyable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.