AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Marvel or DC ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morefunner

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 30, 2011
Comic book super hero movies are now the big thing in Hollywood nowadays. DC and Marvel have been battling it out to be top dog in the movie department. Which comic book company do you think is the best on the silver screen?

With the Iron Man series and the lead into the Avengers (looking forward to Captain America and Thor), Marvel is my favorite at the box office. Heath Ledger's Joker almost pushed DC into top spot, but Christian Bale kinda fell flat and knocked them into second place for me.

For straight up quantity, Marvel. Quality too. I love DC, but I've hated the last couple films by them.

I think Marvel's movies have edged out DC, although I've loved the new Batman franchise.

From a comic book fan's standpoint, both companies have their ups and downs, neither is ever good at the same time as the other, so I gotta pick and choose.

That said, I am now and always will be a True Believer. :mrgreen:

Marvel is dominating the box office, but Justice League has been confirmed for 2013 and that makes my man-pussy wet.

Jebbaz said:
Justice League has been confirmed for 2013 and that makes my man-pussy wet.
except for the phrasing I'm totally with you on that. :lol:

I'm a huge fan of the Justice League cartoons, even Young Justice.
That reminds me the animation wing of DC has put out some solid stuff over the years.

My thinking for a justice league movie is casting.

will christian bale be batman? will ryan reynolds be the green lantern?

I love the watchmen, but I don't know how much of a role DC played in that movie. after that I much prefer Marvel to DC.

Marvel is setting up Avengers quite well seeing as they introduced every character they will have in their own movie, I am sad that Ed Norton won't be playing Hulk because that movie was one of my more favorite comic movies.

Looking at Green Lantern's trailer however I am confused of why the x-men trilogy couldn't stay true to the phoenix story and venture into space at all but the x-men trilogy pissed me off from the get go. Maybe if i didn't grow up on x-men and I knew absolutely nothing of the history and relationships i'd have a different reaction, but i spent my entire time asking- where's rogue? why does wolverine not know sabretooth? the casting of juggernaut was fucking retarded. Nathan Jones is juggernaut, don't know who he is? look him up he doesn't need a body suit to get his muscles just saying. And why did Juggernaut not know Prof X? Why is Iceman a sensitive 16 year old?

If you really aren't sure, which is better, maybe this will help:

Morefunner said:
If you really aren't sure, which is better, maybe this will help:

That was really cute.

Marvel all the way. They have stronger comic book characters and better story lines overall over DC.

The one I well say for DC is that I like the fact they put out Cartoon movies ever 5 to 6 months on DVD. I wish Marvel would start doing that again.

I agree on the Marvel standpoint, mainly because DC hasnt put out anything really worth watching since the Last batman movie, and you really cannot count the Animated movies because they don't even release them to the theaters anymore my movie collection tips either way with both sides of the movies DC and Marvel but Marvel is winning out in Box office DC is winning out in animated movies,

That said, for the real movies and this said even for Thor because I hated it so much i forced myself to go see it, you actually have to like the comic books to see that one (never really liked the thor comics) but I like the links to other storylines (Eye of Agamatto), the Cameos to the Upcoming avenger movies (Captain America, Ant-man, Iron Man 3), you dont find that fun stuff in DC movies, at least i never have, So i vote for Marvel.

yay! a comic book thread!

ok as far as comics go marvel has more characters that are amazing, but the top line DC heroes have beter long term treatment.. and marvel team comics are way out classed by the DC team titles

as far as movies you gotta go marvel, not only have they done more but with a few exceptions they have been better done. that being said the christian bale batman was an awesome take on the archetype. and both the x-men and first hulk movies sorta sucked for long time fans. they made a mistake revamping the standard x-men lineup and history. hell even if they'd gone to the ultimates universe directly it would have worked better.

but the green lantern trailer has me all hot and bothered. hell if the movie is half as good as the trailer i'd blow ryan reynolds lol.

marvel for sure. they seem to be more consistent. with the exception of the batman movies, i've been disappointed in a lot of the DC movies, superman in particular (specifically Brandon Routh's superman)

to me,consistency is a huge deal for studios and producers , even if its they aren't all Oscar worthy films, as long as they're around 7-8 out of ten (subjectively of course) they're good in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.