AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Comics and Manga

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 3, 2010
So, don't know if I mentioned it. I'm a huge comic nerd. I buy sometimes 40+ comics a month (not including back issues). Not sure who else is into comics around here though (I know there are some of you). I even know a few comic creators and try and help out when I can.

What all is everyone reading? Looking forward to?

With Manga I only casually read Gantz. Which is kind of right off the effing wall these days, so I kind of lost interest. But the first long run was good.
Comics, I just dead DC Comics He-Man series (issues 1-6 + Skeletor) and it was great. I loved the new take on what's happening in He-Man. It's more of a continuation of He-Man than being a reboot or anything. Basically, who won the fight and what happened after. Wednesday is going to see the release of issue 7 and the He-Man origin.
Also read Voltron Year One. It's awesome. Think about Voltron without Voltron. Sounds lame, but they turned it into a great action and intrigue piece. Sven leads the team at the beginning, but as we know Keith leads the team in Voltron. Year One is a 6 issue miniseries, so the whole thing is out now. This series is by Dynamite. They also have an Army of Darkness series too. Which is pretty good, but I'm not current on that series yet.
I'm also reading Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians and Justice League. from DC. I'm missing a few issues in these runs. Green Arrow and Justice League are really good IMO. The Green Lantern books are currently in a crossover event right now and it's been pretty cool.
MLP has a comic.
Atlas Comics is kind of around but in hiding right now. The current Atlas Comics is run by Jason Goodman, grandson of Martin Goodman. Martin is of course the man that created the Timely Comics/Marvel Comics empire. He also had Atlas Comics and later Atlas-Seaboard. The new Atlas Comics is rebooting those old Atlas Seaboard characters. Phoenix, Grim Ghost and Wulf the Barbarian. These comics are all awesome and well worth a read.
Also pretty sure Previews comes out Wednesday, so there will be some more cool stuff to talk about in there.
Also, coming up is Liberator by Matt Miner. There's a Kickstarter right here. But it's already 100% funded. This comic is about an Animal Liberation anti-hero. I'm not very into that stuff, but the comic looks cool. It also has a lot of Buzz from some pretty cool names in comics and more.

well ive personally always despised manga. theres something about the art form that just irritates the bejeezus out of me. but other comics? dude ive got like 10 longboxes, plus another 8 or so shorts and stacks of other stuff too lol. i was a marvel guy for years and years, but around the time the 52 series started i got into DC a lot as well. my faves tend to be the ones stan lee started though. the guy had a way of creating archetypes that go beyond the standard of modern media. IMO no other single creator has done that, even though the core DC characters are equally as iconic and resonating to the psyche.

ill stop the geek out there tho lol

Another comic book fan here. Currently I'm reading - Image: The Walking Dead, Invincible, Revival and I just got on Glory; DC: Earth 2, Wonder Woman, Batman Inc. and Batman; Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye and occasionally Wolverine and the X-Men; Dark Horse: The Goon and Empowered don't look me like that, it's a fun book, okay...; BOOM! STUDIOS: Adventure Time You again with that look?!? That is not a simple kids comic book man, there is some adult stuff and some dark twisted jokes there, man... and in that cartoon too...

On mangas, I'm in a very slow mode reading Akira, Blade of the Immortal and Suicide Island from a scanlator site.

This week I'm looking forward - keeping this spoiler free, I hope - for whatever happened to that character with a "Two-Face" face at TWD, and to see if this conclusion to the Invincible arc "The Death of Everyone" is going to turn into something good (I think so far this is one of the weakest Invincible arcs).

Comic geek here as well. primarily a Marvel and underground comix guy, though certain writers have been known to make me buy DC on occasion
since I don't get to toot this horn very often, I will here, I am currently 2 issues away (missing #'s 3, 5) from having a complete run of Uncanny X-Men
I don't buy new comics any more as I don't like where new comics "are" right now, but just try and keep me out of the back issue section of a brick and mortar comic book shop when I find one.... or from surfing comics on ebay when i have some spare cash.

Old Uncanny X-Men is awesome. Huge fan of the original team. I also was a fan of X-Factor for that very reason.
I was out of the game for many many years until the New 52 drew me back in. The only Marvel I'm getting is the new Guardians of the Galaxy. I have an almost complete run of the 80's/90s iteration of that team. Not impressive, I know. I'm going to cut back on my DU stuff when the Alpha Lantern stuff and Rotworld ends.
I've been more Dark Horse (Conan, Star Wars, etc). I also have been really into IDW stuff (Ghostbusters, Turtles). So I'm mostly getting into smaller publisher stuff.
Indie stuff is really gaining with me. Comics are still recovering from the 90s unfortunately. Not really with sales and business, that seems to be doing well, but the perception and bad reputation. Granted, it's their own fault so they have to fix it. DC went with New 52, marvel is doing Marvel Now! as the latest attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.